The CBZ Newswire

Tag: Bobby Hitz

Chicago Court to Decide: Will Oquendo vs. Chagaev Heavyweight Championship Happen?

by on Jun.28, 2014, under Boxing News

Fres Oquendo (left) and Bruce Seldon embrace for the cameras (Juan C. Ayllon photo).

Fres Oquendo (left) and Bruce Seldon embrace for the cameras  after the Oquendo prevailed by KO several years ago (Juan C. Ayllon photo).

 

Chicago, IL (June 26, 2014) A high stakes game of Russian Roulette is scheduled for next Tuesday, July 1, before Judge Kathleen Kennedy at the Richard J. Daley Center in Chicago as to the fate of the World Boxing Association (‘WBA’) WBA Heavyweight Championship fight between Fres Oquendo and Ruslan Chagaev. Hitz Boxing and Square Ring Promotions are seeking an injunction against Oquendo to enjoin his participation in the bout. (continue reading…)

Comments Off :, , more...

Hitz Boxing and ‘Square Ring’ are Suing over Fres Oquendo-Ruslan Chagaev Championship Slated for July 6th

by on Jun.22, 2014, under Boxing News

Fres Oquendo (photo by Juan C. Ayllon)

Fres Oquendo (photo by Juan C. Ayllon)

 

CHICAGO, June 21, 2014 — With an announced date of Sunday, JULY 6 for a planned World Boxing Association (‘WBA’) “Regular” Heavyweight Title bout between Chicago’s Fres Oquendo and Ruslan Chagaev in Grozny, Russia, Chicago based promoter Bobby Hitz of Hitz Boxing and his partner Square Ring Promotions have filed a lawsuit to protect their exclusive promotional rights in regards to Oquendo.

From his office in Chicago, Hitz discussed the legal situation at length, “A couple of days after the fight was postponed to July 6, we were contacted by Malte Müller-Michaelis who advised Square Ring and us that he represented Timur Dugazaev and Terek Box Event and that they had been directed by the governmental authorities in Grozny to negotiate a deal with us,” said Hitz. “We did negotiate a deal and were advised that the financial terms had been agreed upon. After that, they went completely dark on us in regards to signing the paperwork.” (continue reading…)

Comments Off :, , more...

Professional Boxing Returns to Chicago’s U.S. Cellular Field on Saturday, August 23rd!

by on May.23, 2014, under Boxing News

 

Last August, Chicago heavyweight Mike Mollo, at left, was one of the featured fighters at U.S. Cellular Field (photo courtesy of Mike Mollo/Facebook)

Last August, Chicago heavyweight Mike Mollo, at left, was one of the featured fighters at U.S. Cellular Field (photo courtesy of Mike Mollo/Facebook)

 

CHICAGO, May 23, 2014 — World class professional boxing will once again return to U.S. Cellular Field, Home of the 2005 World Champion Chicago White Sox on Saturday, August 23rd, it was announced today by the Illinois Sports Facility Authority, Round 3 Productions and Hitz Boxing.

Last years’ event on August 16th was a tremendous success and sports fans in Chicago have eagerly awaited news on the return of “Boxing at the Ballpark”. (continue reading…)

Comments Off :, , , more...

Hitz Boxing and Squared Ring Address Proposed Fres Oquendo – Ruslan Chagaev Bout

by on May.21, 2014, under Boxing News

Fres Oquendo with photographer Tom Barnes in the background (photo by Juan C. Ayllon)

Fres Oquendo with photographer Tom Barnes in the background (photo by Juan C. Ayllon)

CHICAGO, May 20, 2014 — Plans for a World Boxing Association (‘WBA’) “Regular” Heavyweight Title bout between Chicago’s Fres Oquendo and Ruslan Chagaev of Hamburg, Germany for Saturday, JUNE 7 in Grozny, Russia were addressed today by the Windy City’s leading boxing promoter, Bobby Hitz of Hitz Boxing.

“Along with Roy Jones’ Square Ring Promotions, Hitz Boxing has an exclusive promotional contract with Fres Oquendo” said Hitz. “The contract which we have, provided Fres the opportunity to stay active and continue his path towards becoming a world champion, a goal we set forth as a team when we signed him.” (continue reading…)

Comments Off :, , , , more...

Bobby Hitz calls on Governor Quinn to replace Nancy Illg at Illinois Athletic Commission

by on Mar.28, 2013, under Boxing News, Press Releases

STATEMENT FROM BOBBY HITZ The following statement may be attributed to Chicago Boxing promoter Bobby Hitz, in response to the controversy surrounding the Illinois Athletic Commission and the draw following the George vs. Lopez  fight at UIC Pavilion on Friday, March 22

For Immediate Release Wednesday, March 27, 2013

“On Friday, March 22, the Illinois Athletic Commission (IAC) embarrassed the Chicago boxing community during a nationally televised fight card which featured a match-up between Donovan George and David Alonso Lopez.  While many understandably believe the IAC should suspend the judges, the real problem lies with the commission and its incompetent leadership.  I call on Governor Quinn to reform the commission and replace its director, Nancy Illg, with someone who has the necessary experience to regulate boxing. (continue reading…)

Comments Off : more...

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!