PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Boxing Techniques

Theo Netherland
03-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Tonight I discovered this video. Must say as a long time boxing fan Iíve learned a few things. That shows Iím just a fan, not a practitioner. Iíve found out that you can disable another just by hitting him on the inside of the arm or bicep. Iíd hit myself a little there and must say that not too hard, is hard enough. Pulling the muscle is a good therapy.

I wonder who this teacher is. Does anybody know him? And can anybody say something more about what is being told? Give some fight examples? Most people know about headbutts and low blows but what about the other illegal tactics? You seldom hear about them. I suppose they are as sneaky as Holyfieldís headbutts. Hardly noticeable and always debateable...

Dirty Boxing Techniques
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmtlw1N1TYQ&feature=related

walshb
03-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Poor Pea Whitaker can attest to the hip shot

Mike DeLisa
03-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Two techniques -- one for when a guy is keeping you at bay with the jab, the other for when he has gone into prevent defense and is covering up on the inside.

I always used the punch to the inside bicep for guys with a good jab. You can stand way outside, and as he jabs just slap a hook to the inside of the arm.

I once hit my brother with that shot and his arm dropped, completely swollen in a second! In many other bouts, the guy just stops jabbing, allowing me to move in.

As far as I know this is a legal punch - at least i was never called for using it!

On the flip, I would use a right hook on the inside against a guy in a shell (hands up etc). But I would allow my elbow to dig in to the point of his arm right where the deltoid meets the bicep. This is extremely painful and debilitating -- and yes illegal!

Mike