PDA

View Full Version : CHARLEY BURLEY WEBSITE

Boxscribe
12-03-2005, 01:43 PM
www.CharleyBurley.com (http://www.CharleyBurley.com)

This is my new website dedicated to the uncrowned welterweight and middleweight champion of the 1930s and 40s.

Please visit and maybe leave feedback in the visitors book.

Thank you.

Roberto Aqui
12-03-2005, 06:40 PM
[[[In 1936, Charley was invited to Chicago to attend the box-offs for the 1936 Berlin Olympics, but declined as he objected to the racial and religious persecution taking place in Germany. Instead he received an invitation to represent his country at the 'Workers Games' which were being held in Spain. These games were offered as an alternative to the XIth Olympiad, which were being held at the same time.]]]]]]
==============================

Hmmm, maybe this period is a key to the legendary difficulty of working with Burley. He was more than a fighter, but perhaps a political activist at heart?

Dunno, but I will be visiting, so thanks.

broncano
12-10-2005, 02:42 AM
Harry, site looks great. Donīt think that I have forgotten about my offer to send those Burley and Towne scans (and the Mina material as well). I m in the process of moving to NY so hopefully when I get settled we can follow up on what we discussed.

in the meantime Ive sent a couple of scans you might find interesting to your email address.

all the best,

JC

robsnell
01-01-2006, 03:15 PM
Harry has done a great job on setting up this web site and it is well worth a visit.

cmoyle
02-04-2006, 07:41 PM
Does anyone have a current email address for Harry Otty? I thought it was boxscribe@aol.com but that didn't work today.
Thank you,
Clay Moyle

Boxscribe
02-04-2006, 10:11 PM
Clay,

I sent you an email already.

The email you have is the old one (can anyone at CBZ change it please - I did make the sam erequest when I first changed - Ta!)

The new email is boxscribe@blueyonder.co.uk

or

Harry@CharleyBurley.com

Thanks.