PDA

View Full Version : Tony Zale v Dick Tiger

gazot
01-11-2006, 10:14 AM
Another great middleweight matchup. 15 rounds of all out war but who would prevail?

Ronald Lipton
01-17-2006, 12:09 AM
Dick Tiger by hard fought decision or mid to late round tko and not from cuts, with Tiger taking some heavy leather in return but without being floored once.

Tony would fight him and be forced to fight back and as strong and brave as he was, Tiger was stronger at 160lbs and would hurt the man of steel to the body and head.

Zale would be countered in close infighting and try to keep it on the outside working off his jab and throwing rights to the body and hooks to the head. Tiger would take up the slack and close the gap and the brave Zale would fight back furiously.

Tiger would slip some of the wide hooks and rushes and nail Zale with his heavier left hook time and again until he wilted. It would be a war all the way.

Zale never fought anyone as strong as Tiger at 160, but as a big strong middleweight himself, would give Tiger a war he would never forget, but the thin skin around his eyes would bust up after awhile without Tiger slowing down in a fight that Zale's style would make unforgetable.

rocky111
01-26-2006, 06:06 PM
Have to disagree with Ronnie this time. NOBODY was gonna push back the prime Tony Zale at 160 pounds. Let them meet in ring center and bang. Its a even fight then, but I believe that Tonys legs and his ability to plant and bomb would be the difference. I know its hard to imagine anybody at middle banging with Tiger and winning, but Tony Zale was something else man. Check him out in his prime. Check out his leg strength. You just dont fight that man coming forward. What a matchup!

StingerKarl
01-31-2006, 11:38 AM
Oh, man.
I like The Man of Steel here in a savage one.
What a fight!

TheSentinel
02-01-2006, 12:54 AM
After watching Zale winging haymakers from the bleachers I feel there's no way he beats Tiger. Tiger would beat him into submission easier than he beat Fullmer. I know I am in the minority here, but watching both on film I would pick Fullmer over Zale.

Mr E
02-01-2006, 09:55 PM
Geez, what a fight! Great match-up! With all due respect to the other very knowledgeable folks posting on this thread, I think the good Mr. Lipton is 100%, right on the money-- Tiger in a war I'd pay a year's salary to see.