PDA

View Full Version : Fight for the Troops

Dogman_Tony
01-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Melvin Guillard vs. Evan Dunham (No. 10 LW)
Matt Mitrione vs. Tim Hague
Mark Hominick vs. George Roop
Patrick Barry vs. Joey Beltran
Cole Miller vs. Matt Wiman
DaMarques Johnson vs. Michael Guymon
Yves Edwards vs. Cody McKenzie
Waylon Lowe vs. Willamy Freire.
Amilcar Alves vs. Charlie Brenneman
Chan Sung Jung vs. Rani Yahya

The top three fights look good on paper. I'd rather have seen Florian v Dunham, but Guilllard presents an interesting challenge. And Mitrione-Hague should be violent.

The Welterweight Epitome
01-05-2011, 08:32 PM
I've heard a few saying they think Guillard could be a real threat in the LW division once coached properly under Jackson.

Any thoughts on this DT or you other guys here? I haven't seen enough of him lately but I find it hard to imagine him competing with the top at LW.

Dunham I think still needs to tighten up his stand-up, but once he does that over the next couple years, by the time he gets his title shot, he should be well prepared to give it a good go!

Dogman_Tony
01-06-2011, 03:19 AM
There's never been any doubt about Guillard's talent, but he was never very disciplined. His last fight, IMO he was too cautious, he hasn't been with Jackson long, and for his sake, I guess it's better to be too cautious than thoroughly incautious. Once he finds a balance, he could really be a threat. But then the lightweight division is so stacked we could be in for a period of revolving door champs. Hard to tell. Still and all, he and Dunham should be a very good fight. I think Kenflo was a better match-up for Dunham. Guillard's striking and strrength may be too much for Dunham.

JaKob
01-07-2011, 02:50 AM
guillard brings intensity and talent. But lacks the control and discipline to facilitate this effectively. He needs to reel his ego in a notch. Maybe Jackson has had some significant influence.

Dogman_Tony
01-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Oh, yeah. His last fight against Jeremy Stephems Guilard was cautious in the extreme. Almost too much so. He won by SD. However, if he can get comfortable and adapt to his new style, he could be a player. He's only 27. But Dunham is a serious test.