PDA

View Full Version : Shogun on sports science

The Welterweight Epitome
03-19-2011, 07:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvU8vzrBjeQ

The most powerful strike ever recorded so far.

I really hope Jon Jones tries to stand with him tomorrow (though I know I am dreaming), Shogun could go close to snapping those skinny little chicken legs!

Dogman_Tony
03-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Yep, if Jones were a 300 pound heavy bag, I'd be all over Shogun. :)

Should be a great fight, whoever wins.

The Welterweight Epitome
03-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Yep, if Jones were a 300 pound heavy bag, I'd be all over Shogun. :)

he he true that DT.

Just watched the Jon Jones video blogs online before his this fight. Very impressive guy actually, I love some of the quotes he comes out with!

Off The River
03-19-2011, 10:13 AM
This is exactly why this is such a great matchup style wise. Two classy guys with so much talent. Rua has to keep it standing to win and that does mean going after Jones leg. That opens him up to right hands and takedowns.

On the gruound, I think Jone does a lot of damage. I think he want to take him down rough him up, ko him up or try to submit Rua. He has to be very careful while standing, but I think he can have some success if he uses those flying lead kicks I've seen him use and at the same time sticks to throwing srtaight punches.This won't e easyand even though I pick him to win, I do think 2-1 is an insult to Rua.

Rua has proven that he can KO guys, so he will likely tesgt Jones chin, if that is not as good as the other aspects of his game, he will lose. Welter is right in sayiong the leg is the best thing for Rua to attack --I think it may be his only chance-- he will have a lot of trouble getting inside Jones and I don't know if he really wants to be there.

A classic mui tha leg attack is about the best shot Rua has from what I can see. Soften Jones up, go for a KO, sub.