PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Sir Henry Cooper

Goofy Pimple
05-01-2011, 04:32 PM
A British sporting legend passes away.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/13256045.stm

mrbig1
05-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Very sad news. The guy was as tough as they come. R.I.P. Champ.

rocky111
05-01-2011, 04:58 PM
What a shame. I loved this guy. Sir Henry he really was and who can forget the grand fights he made with Muhammad Ali. RIP brave Sir.

gregbeyer
05-01-2011, 05:25 PM
was just watching golf on the television and british great nick faldo announced with genuine remorse "ole enery" had passed. sad news indeed i have been catching up on some of his interviews and he was a lovely man. a true icon in the UK.

RIP

greg

Ron Lipton
05-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Jesus, very sad to hear this, all the great ones going and gone, 76 years old is still too young an age to leave us. What a left hook he had.
Rest in peace Sir Henry. It must have been horrible for him to have lost his twin brother a year before.

Ron

theironbar
05-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Thought he would be around forever... all the Tomlinsons in Canada and England are shocked and saddened... RIP Sir Henry...

jim glen
05-02-2011, 03:10 AM
an iconic figure, a bit outside the True Greats but Or' Enry could hang with many of them!

rest in peace Champ!

KOJOE90
05-02-2011, 08:14 AM
Muhammad Ali leads tributes to Sir Henry Cooper
The gaurdian.co.uk

Muhammad Ali has led tributes to the boxing legend Sir Henry Cooper, who has died at the age of 76. Sir Henry died at his son's house in Surrey on Sunday, two days before his 77th birthday.

Ali, who was famously floored by Sir Henry but went on to become a close friend, said he was "at a loss for words".

"I was not aware he was ill. I visited with him two summers ago during a brief visit to Windsor as part of the Equestrian Games being held there. He was in good humour and looked quite fit.

"Henry always had a smile for me; a warm and embracing smile. It was always a pleasure being in Henry's company. I will miss my ole friend. He was a great fighter and a gentleman."

Goofy Pimple
05-02-2011, 01:13 PM
I had seen pictures of him over the past 12 months or so and was shocked by how frail he seemed.

I hadn't realised he lost his twin brother last year and his wife the year before that. He must have been a broken man.