PDA

View Full Version : Strikeforce Heavyweight Tourney

Off The River
06-19-2011, 01:28 AM
Well the results were pretty much what one would expect.

Barnett's grappling was just too much for Rogers.

Overeem simply would not go to the ground and stuffed every takedown attempt by Verdum in the first two rounds. Overeem sored some nice takedowns, but would simply get back to his feet prefering to strike. Verdum wanted no part of the standup and at times looked like a prostitute waiting for her John to get out of the shower. He even begged him to go to the ground.

He was more successful in the third round with his striking and at the end of the round went for a kneebar, but it was too little to late. Overeem the stronger, of the two simply dictated the fight. He was noticably winded at the end of the fight. Overeem could certainly have thrown some combos and at times covered up waiting for the big shot. If he did that to Cain or JDS, he'd be ko'd.

The Welterweight Epitome
06-19-2011, 01:57 AM
I missed this card unfotunately.

What did you think of the Masvidal V Noons fight OTR?

I agree on the Reem, even in K1, his defence is just SH*T. He simply covers up. I personally think that JDS will ruin Overeem when they fight down the line once SF is melded in or Reem is bought in to challenge the winner of JDS V Cain. However I can see Dana giving Brock an easy fight on return and then the next title match against the winner, just to milk him for all his worth before somebody else knocks him out and he quits being hit for good.

Off The River
06-19-2011, 02:55 AM
I jst caught the two heavyweight fights. Frome what I can gather Noons got his ass handed to him. I'd certainly love to see Overeem, vs Lesnar. One thing about the Reem his power was evident in the early portion of the fight and he tossed Verdum few times. He dictated the fight against a guy who desperately wanted no part of his standup. Vedrum did land some punches, but they had little effect.

JaKob
06-19-2011, 05:13 AM
When overeem put on weight he paid the price. His output declined significantly. He covers up, waits, and lets loose with a few well placed power shots. However because he's so conservative with his output he leaves himself open to being outhustled by a busier opponent. He needs to let his hands go and stop merely looking for the knockout.