PDA

View Full Version : 10 Fattest States In U.S.

GorDoom
07-23-2011, 03:01 PM
http://www.webmd.com/diet/slideshow-fattest-and-fittest-states?ecd=wnl_chl_071911_b

Off The River
07-23-2011, 10:03 PM
My home province if New Brunswick is the second fattest province in Canada. My city of Miramichi is the second fattest city as wel l(behind Iqualiuit).

When I move back home, I'm hoping to make a difference. Yes, in fact, it will all change and we can achieve number one status.

Why settle for number two eh?

Kyoodle
07-23-2011, 11:21 PM
Just some personal observations from having traveled a bit in this country: There is NO state with fatter people than Wisconsin. Minnesota, Georgia, New Jersey and Pennsylvania come close, but MAN do them grow 'em big in the Heartland.

TDKO
07-23-2011, 11:32 PM
I do reside in one of the states mentioned above,

and am ashamed to say that the city I live in has a competative eating contest

every Summer, which in and of itself is a grotesque microcosm of the lack of

apathy we have for others less fortunate , and gluttonous wastefullness.

(Of course it is "sponsored" by a local meat company).

It's even televised for your viewing pleasure......

10-8
07-24-2011, 01:58 PM
My home province if New Brunswick is the second fattest province in Canada. Having spent some time in New Brunswick, let me concur with River that there is a very high rate of obesity (particularly the women). If fat chicks are your thing it's paradise.

I remember visiting the US in the 70's and early 80's and always being taken back by the number of overweight Americans compared to Canadians. That's all changed though. Having been in South Carolina this summer (one of the States mentioned) I saw no difference which means Canada's either getting fatter, America's getting thinner or simply a combination of both.

Off The River
07-24-2011, 10:06 PM
At the same time, New Brunswick is also the happiest province in Canada.

Perhaps it's because all the angry people packed up and moved away.