PDA

View Full Version : Frank Baltazar

Rudyrooter
06-07-2005, 01:56 AM
Mr Baltazar,

What is your son Frankie up to. I hope he is doing well. I fought a couple of time on the same pro cards at the Olympic. I believe we went to Knoxville, Tennesse back in
75. Tell him Rudy Ramirz from San Diego says Q-VO!

olympic auditorium
06-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Ay Frank whats up,I have Frankie vs Juan Escobar its a rare fight.No one has ever seen footage of Escobar.Do you have any fights from The olympic,The forum?

kikibalt
06-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Rudy
Frankie is doing fine ,working
Training some kids at a gym close to his house
Yes we did go to Knoxville Tenn. in 75 or was 76?
I'll tell him you said hello

Frank baltazar sr.

kikibalt
06-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Olympic
I have a few fights from the Olypmpic & the Forum
Hey that fight with Escobar was something else, Frankie got his ass kick for the first four rounds then he came back an won the last six , droping Escobar in the last few seconds of the 10rd

Frank Baltazar sr.

Rudyrooter
06-09-2005, 04:16 AM
Mr Baltazar,

It great to hear that some of the old gang is still involved in the game. I have or had a gym. I had to just close it this past month since the rent was killing me. I just could not get any support and I did not have the time to go out and chase people and grants and all that stuff. It was fun while it lasted but I am sure you know that the gym take alot of time from the family. It was in Long Beach. projectko.org

And it was 75 that we went to Knoxville. I went with the team out of Vegas....Bill Miller and gang and you guys came with the L.A. team. I think Francisco Flores was with you guys too. What ever happen to Flores? He was a pit bull!
I went over there with Superfly Sandoval, but he was the only L.A. guy on the team.

I dug up my old scrap book and saw that Frankie fought some guy out of Miami named Robet Andono. Must of been a transplate from Cuba. I ended up getting eliminated by Hearns in the quater finals.

Frankie and I fought on the same card at the Olympic once. He fought Antonio Meza in 7 rounds according to this old program. And it states he weighted 133. I am sure he is still at that same weight.

I fought someone named Dave Haro and I weighted 123! Wow, I think my belly weights that much now:rollin

I am about 170 give or take, more giving than taking.

I will be taking my son, who is 8 and 50 pounds to the Jr Golden Gloves in Lincoln Park. Maybe I will see you there.

Anyway Sir, the next time Rick Farris calls I will pass on the good news that your back since he thought you had checked out:lol

I would give you his number but I lost my phone and it was the only place that I had it. He will call soon and I will get his number so you call him.

Take care,

Rudy

Boxingnut
06-09-2005, 04:36 AM
Rudy

Sorry to hear about your gym, that is a damn shame.

Regards

Rob

kikibalt
06-09-2005, 08:52 AM
Rudy
It's nice hearing from you ,o.k it was 75 that we went to Knoxville, i don't know what happen to Franciso Flores ,hey don't feel bad about your weight Frankie weights about 175-80, good luck to your son in the Jr. G.G ,you know i ran the Jr. G.G back in the 70's for about 10 yrs., yes i would like to get ahold of Rick Farris ,he told some people that i had die, but he was not the only one to think that as there was a rumor going around the gyms here in L.A ,but as you can see i'm still here

Frank Baltazar sr.

olympic auditorium
06-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Mr.Baltazar what fights do you have from the Forum or Olympic?email me if you can aredhi2@verizon.net

kikibalt
06-10-2005, 06:31 PM
I have a few fights on tape, right off hand i could't tell you what i have since Tony has them ,an that in Phoenix Az. ,i'll see if i can get them back o.k?

olympic auditorium
06-16-2005, 07:22 PM
Frank did you ever work or meet with Pancho Rosales the great Mexican manager?What about Ralph Gambina .He started out at the Vernon Arena on 42nd and Vernon.

kikibalt
06-16-2005, 08:37 PM
Olympic
No i never work with Pancho Rosales i did meet him, about Gambina i used to box with Cisco Andade who was Gambina's fighter this was back in the mid 50's

FrankB

williefromrichmond
06-20-2005, 07:02 PM
Rudy, you went with the team from Las Vegas in 1975 to the National Golden Gloves tournament in Knoxville. Did you know Emory Chapman? He KO'ed John Tate in the first round of the finals that year. Bill

Rudyrooter
06-26-2005, 12:01 AM
Bill,

I did not personally know Emory Chapman but he was on the team. It was kind of strange in that he did not fight in the Regionals in Vegas. He ended up meeting us in Knoxville and is from Atantic City. How he ended up fighting out of the Western Regional is a mystery to me. Like I said, he never competed in Vegas and ends up in Knoxville. I saw him fight his first bout and he koed some big left handed Samoen guy in the first round. After I was eliminated in the quater finals, I went home. I was 16 and had never flown or been away from San Diego. I ended up flying back with a bunch of crazies going to March madness in San Diego that year.
I understand that Champam is now Doctor Chapman

olympic auditorium
07-10-2005, 11:27 PM
Frank
There was talk in 1984 about Pryor fighting Tony Baltazar.Gwen Reese was trying to put that together at the Long Beach Convention CTR.What happened?

kikibalt
07-12-2005, 01:30 PM
Olympic
Gwen Reese must have been talking to the wrong people because i was Tony manager an no body talk to me about Tony fighting Payor

Frank B.