PDA

View Full Version : Edwin Rosario Vs Azumah Nelson

The Raging Bull
01-07-2006, 09:11 PM
So who wins this matchup at lightweight??Can the hard hitting Rosario find the wiley Nelsons chin with one of his bombs and take him out or will the "Professor" outsmart and outbox Edwin for a points win or maybe even a late stoppage??put a gun to my head and i would go with Rosario by KO,Azumah was the better fighter overall but his best weight was at 126 and 130,at 135 i think Rosario would find an opening and land one of his bombs at some point during the fight and take him out.Azumah had a great chin and was one of the best fighters ever in the lower weight classes,but Rosario is one of the hardest punching fighters i have ever seen at any weight,and he had power in both fists.Also,before he fell in love with his power,Rosario was a excellent boxer-puncher and i think that version of Edwin could have done the trick.Any thoughts??

pendleton23
01-08-2006, 01:54 AM
I would go with Rosario.People forget that he was quick as well as having a huge punch.I don't know if he could stop Nelson though.

robertk
01-08-2006, 04:52 AM
I'll go with Nelson on this by decision.

I was never that high on rosario and guys that hold those elbows out are going to licked eventually. That defense sure leaves openings. I think nelson is going to land enough under those elbows and those types of shots to the torso will sap the strength advantage Rosario has.
Nelson has the much better defense and a good chin behind it so I don't see rosario getting the ko. And if he doesn't have the ability to stop nelson, I think rosario doesn't posess the tools to win a decision against an azumah nelson.

gregbeyer
01-09-2006, 12:12 AM
nelson out thinks him for a ud win.
greg

blv30
01-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Rosario by a good decision win.Too much for Azumah at 135.