PDA

View Full Version : Johnson vs Jeffries.

greek1237
04-14-2006, 02:59 PM
I got some fights in today..

7 rounds of Jack Johnson vs Jim Jeffries. WOW. I think I almost died. if I ever get it complete, I will be dead.

the first round was pretty even.
But the fight was mostly a cliching contest, with Johnson winning, and twisting his arms. And Johnson was holding and hitting Jeffies though out round 2(No title rounds, so I dont know what round is what expect for 1 and 15) -though 7 lol.

Johnson was bulling Jeffires all over the ropes, and when they were not cliching, Johnson was hitting Jeffires with jabs, and combions. Jeffries relly never had a chance to win this fight.

I knew the beating was bad, but the 4 rounds on Espn Classic they show(And the rounds they show are not complete.) Dont even give you HALF the story of the fight. This was a real eye operner. Jeffries was indeed pass his best. as he look gas by the 2nd round(Which I guessing is round 5.)

I do think base on the film, Johnson held Jeffires up. And when he decided to END it. He did. The crowd was in shock. and I was in shock in counting 7 rounds.

apollack
04-14-2006, 05:01 PM
would you be interested in trading? I have a substantial collection.

apollack11@hotmail.com

greek1237
04-14-2006, 05:16 PM
sure. I going to send a email to you soon. I guess the best I say is Hi lol. at the email lol.

brutu
04-15-2006, 03:24 PM
Do you have the DVD of UNFORGIVABLE BLACKNESS?
It has more then a few rounds of the fight.
It only shows a few rounds tho and some highlights of other rounds,
but its the best print Ive seen so far.
Jeffries looked about 55 years old and out of shape and awful,even before they rang the bell.
His strategy seemed to be to push and walk Johnson around the ring.
Johnson used some vicious uppercuts while holding Jeffries elbows to his side.
My dvd player,I was able to pause the picture then click each frame to examine fighting sequence.
They did some editing,like a close up of Johnson smiling and replying back to Jim Corbetts taunts over in Jeffries corner.

greek1237
04-15-2006, 03:42 PM
Unforgiving Blackness, I seen, and I agree its the best version of the fight shown. But it still did not even up to a full fight, or 7 rounds of the fight imo.

Yeah they did show the in between part of the fight with Corbett talking to Johnson and vice vesa and all. You dont see it in the 7 rounds here, as its just, the rounds them selfs.

I perfer to have a crappy print of the fight and be complete, than the best showing pic, and have a few rounds. They did show more than Espn. And that was a open eye of the one sided, and even close up pics of a injure Jeffies, but when you seen the 7 rounds, You get a bigger pic that Jeffires never stood a chance. I think a prime Jim would do better vs Johnson, and may even win vs Johnson.

But in all, this was NOT like Marciano vs Louis, Louis had a shot, and even put up a good showing before being clobber in round 8. But this was like Ali Holmes, but worse. Think of it like Ali Holmes, but Holmes NOT letting up.

brutu
04-15-2006, 04:46 PM
What were the sources for the fight films in UNFORGIVABLE BLACKNESS?
Did they digitally restore the film for the program.
It looked to me the fights were originally printed on paper.

greek1237
04-15-2006, 04:50 PM
I have no ideal. The supriseing part of the program was the Flyn fight. You can see there HEADS. Yes the cameral angel we see is mostly the shoulders and down lol. But you can see Johnson's skill in adoived the head butts, which is pretty amazing in it self. thats the most amazing thing I seen in that program. But I sure they had the full fights or something and cut and past on what will be in the program. Over all a top Doc if NOT the best one on Jack Johnson. of couse I dont like them putting cred on Dempsey and making it seem like Dempsey was ducking Johnson. but other than that. I can live with it.

brutu
04-15-2006, 06:15 PM
They onlty showed a brief part of a round with Johnson's fight with Fireman Jim Flynn.
But as usual they (commentaters)noted Flynn trying to repeatly butt Johnson,at least they could have said why Flynn was doing that.
Because Jack Johnson was holding and pinning Flynn's arms against his side so he couldnt punch,while Johnson was holding and hitting Flynn with uppercuts.Flynn was about 5 feet 9 inches tall,the only chance he had against Johnson was fighting on the inside,so he got frustrated with Johnson's tatics and started to butt him to break loose.

greek1237
04-15-2006, 06:20 PM
but before that, the only thing I saw on the fight was there heads out of the cameral. When I saw there heads in the film I was pretty shock lol.

Of couse seeing Corbett rag on Johnson was amazing footage also.

greek1237
04-16-2006, 02:10 AM
I have ID 4 of the 7 rounds lol.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7(Number of rounds)
1 12 13 14 15(Rounds ID)

I saw the flash card in rounds 12, and 14. so I just assume round number 5 was round 13.

Roberto Aqui
04-16-2006, 08:22 AM
I have ID 4 of the 7 rounds lol.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7(Number of rounds)
1 12 13 14 15(Rounds ID)

I saw the flash card in rounds 12, and 14. so I just assume round number 5 was round 13.

Is this all that remains of the original? The original was the reason Congress passed a law prohibiting the exhibition of fight films as I recall in reaction to the riots. Hard to believe it got so chopped up.

greek1237
04-16-2006, 08:29 AM
I heard the Film Registry has a poor copy of the 15 round fight in there archives, since they added the fight to there list last year for protection and all.

greek1237
04-17-2006, 06:10 PM
1 1
3 4
4 12
5 13
6 14
7 15

Yep, All need now is to Id round 2 lol.

greek1237
04-17-2006, 11:18 PM
just went and watch the Big fights version to see if it had rounds I missing.

Nope, have them all. Problem with Big fights, now that I can Id the rounds with the card flashing in the crowd(You RELLY have to look for it in round 4, but its there).

The Big fights claim round 12 is round 13. Yes you see round 12 card in the crowd, when Jeffires is walking out. Geez. This is JUST like the Dempsey Carp round 1/2 deal.