PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Quarry(I DREAM OF JENNIE)

brutu
04-20-2006, 04:01 PM
Anywone catch him on that old re run on TVLAND yesterday morning?
It was from 1968,and he played himself in a boxing tournament.

Kid Achilles
04-20-2006, 05:06 PM
How big of a part did he have?? I believe the title of said episode is "World's Strongest Man". I've always wondered about it, and how good of an actor Jerry was.

brutu
04-20-2006, 05:34 PM
He played himself in it,one of the two guys enters a boxing tournamnet.
Its a comedy,so its kind of goofy.He accidently gets knocked out in the locker room.
BTW
Did you know Jerry Quarry also played himself in a brief cameo
in a episode of the 1960's BATMAN t.v show.He was popular back then.

thumper3852
04-20-2006, 06:15 PM
I do remember Quarry's appearance on the I Dream of Jeanie episode. Quarry was indeed a sought after public figure in those days.

Imagine today's crop of heavyweights enjoying that kind of celebrity! I can only imagine a Tyson type on Law and Order or CSI.....Leg Iron Mike would punch out the female prosecutor when questioned about a brutal sexual.....oh well you get the drift I think.

PeteLeo
04-21-2006, 02:42 AM
Well, if "Iron Mike" is going to take her out, he'd better do it with one of his first shots. After the Williams and McBride debacles, I doubt that Tyson could survive the gal's counterpunches for very long. PeteLeo.

Goofy Pimple
04-21-2006, 05:28 AM
I remember Jerry having parts in 'Land of the Giants' and 'Knight Rider' as well.

mike casey
04-21-2006, 07:17 AM
Jerry also reportedly had some kind of involvement with the Three Dog Night band at some time, but I don't know if that one's true.

For all his flaws, I loved this guy. You never knew what was coming next with Jerry. He was absolutely masterful when he took Ron Lyle to school.

PeteLeo
04-21-2006, 10:37 AM
Quarry and his sister sang together on an epsiode of Ed Suillivan or Saturday Night at the Palace or one of those primetime variety shows. I vaguely remember seeeing it. PeteLeo.

gregbeyer
04-21-2006, 04:31 PM
that batman episode also included cameos of mando ramos and raul rojas.

actually jerry was a born entertainer. this guy could sing, did a great ali impersonation and was always telling jokes...here is one of his favorites. back in the mid eighty's danny lopez put on an amateur boxing show at the elks building in san pedro, calif. after the show i was standing next to jerry as he was entertaining some of the fans..he looked at the guy in front of him and said " you know, there are only two women in the world that never gave a blowjob" when the guy ask who they were jerry gave him a menacing deadpan stare and said " my mother and my sister"
greg

GorDoom
04-21-2006, 04:36 PM
LOL!

GorDoom

KOJOE90
04-22-2006, 10:16 AM
A bit more information on Jerry Quarrys acting career here.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1620897/

brutu
04-25-2006, 04:57 PM
Jerry Quarry was also one of the competitors on that SUPERSTARS show on ABC,somtime around the late 1970's I believe.
Also you ever watch the tape of that one fight,vrs Joe Frazier II,
(I think it was that one) where they show his wife in the audience and some ass*hole sitting behind her,giving the finger to the camera by pressing his nose.

blv30
04-25-2006, 06:02 PM
Did he get to kiss Barbara Eden?

kikibalt
06-03-2006, 04:16 PM
http://i6.tinypic.com/11k9kqb.jpghttp://i5.tinypic.com/11k9mx5.jpg

A young Jerry Quarry

brutu
06-03-2006, 05:35 PM
Did Jerry Quarry ever sing and record a record on wax?
Even a demo?
I remember last year,someone found within an old Carpenter's LP sleeve, Sonny Liston's "lost" Rock N Roll, record that he made in Las Vegas like a few week before he died.

gregbeyer
06-03-2006, 05:38 PM
liston sang?
greg

kikibalt
06-03-2006, 05:40 PM
liston sang?
greg

Yeah when the cops got ahold of him.

brutu
08-04-2007, 05:00 PM
I was at the dvd store the other day and I saw they had for sale the complete Fourth season (1968)of I DREAM OF JEANNIE for sale,which has the episode THE STRONGEST MAN IN THE WORLD with Jerry Quarry as himself.
So if you were not able to see it when it was originally broadcast in the Fall of 1968,or the thousands of times it been shown in re-runs since then,you can see it now .

hawk5ins
08-06-2007, 08:25 PM
I watched I Dream of Jeannie all the time when I was a Kid.

And other than the times when Jeannies evil sister came on, I never noticed anyone else on the screen!

ANyone remember the first episode when she is wearing "Tony's" shirt and he tells her to take off and she starts unbuttoning and "gasp" he stops her!

Whatta Maroon!

Man if I ever found that bottle...........

Hawk

PeteLeo
08-07-2007, 01:34 AM
I always thought Dr. Bellows' wife was pretty damned do-able in her own right. I think she had passed away by the time I began to catch the show in reruns during the Seventies, however. That was a shame. PeteLeo.

brutu
07-27-2010, 06:13 PM
The Strongest Man in The World episode originally aired November.18.1968.
Its now on DVD I DREAM OF JEANNIE Season four,disc 2.
Jerry Quarry helps train the major,Its great seeing a young Jerry Quarry in his prime.
also a cameo appearence by Slapsie Maxie Rosenbloom.
You can rent this at netflix.com too.

Dino1
07-30-2010, 02:15 PM
I remember seeing Quarry sing on the Merv Griffin show in the seventies maybe. He was a frontman for 3 Dog Night that is true.

Counter Jab
08-02-2010, 12:37 PM
I remember Sonny Liston on Love, American Style.

And of course my hero, Floyd Patterson was in an episode of Daniel Boone and also in the Wild, Wild, West episode "The Night of the Jugernaut" playing a homesteader who actually got the babe at the end! He got to clock a couple of cowboys with the big left hook in a street fight and showed some decent acting chops as well.

I also remember Sugar Ray Robinson showing up in several TV episodes as a kid; seemed very relaxed in front of the camera.

Mike DeLisa
08-02-2010, 12:43 PM
I had started a list of boxing themed TV shows some years ago -- here is what I have

http://www.cyberboxingzone.com/boxing/tv.htm

which led to this amazing Simpsons-boxing list by our old pal Kristian N., which we printed in WAIL! in 2002!:
http://www.cyberboxingzone.com/boxing/w0302-kn.html

Theo Netherland
08-02-2010, 02:52 PM
I had started a list of boxing themed TV shows some years ago -- here is what I have

http://www.cyberboxingzone.com/boxing/tv.htm

The episode of Sanford and Son with George Foreman is not on your list.

Dino1
08-02-2010, 03:52 PM
I saw Ray Robinson in a Mod Squad episode.

gregbeyer
08-02-2010, 03:57 PM
I saw Ray Robinson in a Mod Squad episode.

yep... he was being trained by rocky graziano and he fought ernie "indian red" lopez.

greg

Dino1
08-02-2010, 04:26 PM
I saw Graziano in one of Sinatra's Tony Rome movies. He played a washed up fighter selling ties on Miami Beach.

Counter Jab
08-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Floyd could act the pants off of ALL of them. Of course, TKO would say he was obviously a natural with the fake beard and all after the Liston bouts. :D