PDA

View Full Version : Albert Davila vs Wilfredo Gomez

pendleton23
04-26-2006, 10:47 AM
Does anyone remember this bout?I was wondering if it wasa competive bout or if Davila got dominated.If Davila did get dominated this speaks volumes for Gomez.

starlingstomp
04-26-2006, 11:11 AM
I suppose it depends on how one-sided a fight has to be before you consider it a dominating peformance.

Davila lost nearly every round, but the rounds themselves were almost all competitive.

It was a comfortable win for Wilfredo and both fighters looked good.

pendleton23
04-26-2006, 11:25 AM
I heard that when Gomez knock down Davila he hit him when e was down.Is this true?

starlingstomp
04-26-2006, 12:46 PM
Gomez drops Davila with an under\over uppercut combo and then gestures as if he's going to hit him while down.The referee manages to pull him away before he could get a punch off.

Shortly after that, Davila is stopped on his feet and Gomez has to be restrained by the ref and his cornermen.

Gomez was a visciously dirty fighter.One of the worst ever.

pendleton23
04-26-2006, 03:21 PM
Thanks for answering that for me.
I could never really like Gomez because of the dirty tactics he would employ.
And the shame of it is he didn't need to be dirty.

hawk5ins
04-26-2006, 03:41 PM
GOmez Pedroza is my all time dream foul fest.

Two of the more skilled NASTY dirty fighters ever.

Cojones beware.

Hawk

gregbeyer
04-26-2006, 03:49 PM
i have that fight on tape and had gomez not been restrained he would have committed a worse foul that he did against zarate. davila was flat on his back and gomez leaned over him very intent on hitting him again.

it is a pity gomez is remembered as a dirty fighter because with his talent he never needed any of it. he just never seemed to be able to control himself.

he was too strong for davila and to his credit alberto admitted this and spoke of gomez with respect when he got back to LA.
greg