PDA

View Full Version : Why Are You NOT A Stereotype?

PeteLeo
05-31-2006, 01:07 AM
Let's face it, boxing doesn't project the most sophisticated of facades to the world at large, and -- guilty by association -- we boxing fans don't, either. We're often viewed by the average person as little more than zoo animals who somehow escaped our cages. We're rude, crude, lewd, and tattooed (well, maybe not tattooed, but it rhymed).
What part or parts of your personality stand in stark contrast to this unfair assessment of your worth as a human being in today's society? Do you, in fact "adore a minuet, the ballet, Proust, and crapes suzette"? (Lyrics stolen from the themesong to "The Patty Duke Show," of course.) Or perhaps there's an even darker secret in your psychic makeup: do you actually enjoy soap operas? Reality TV shows? Dr. Phil?
What fact about you will shock and amaze even the grizzled vets of this hardcore board?

If you have the guts to answer the question, that is. PeteLeo.

hagler04
05-31-2006, 02:05 AM
Ummm, let's see

I love the Breathe song "Hands to Heaven"

I baby-talk my girlfriend in ways that can't even be conveyed in writing on this board:o

I'm sure there's more

theironbar
05-31-2006, 06:58 PM
Can I make a generalization instead of remarking on myself personally? Based on an assumption first... that assumption being this is where the REAL boxing fans come -- the CBZ... Almost EVERYONE that hangs and posts here is a very good writer with excellent powers of observation and sharp debating skills... We might be passionate, but we're not bloodthirsty, and we observe and express ourselves very well... sorry for the "we" but what the hell, I had to include myself in there!!!! ;)

ted cogswell
06-01-2006, 02:20 PM
Hmm,... looks one stereotype is proving itself - that the kind of manly men who hang out here are reluctant to show their sensitive side. Props to Hagler04 for being bold enough to do it.

I'll throw in that I talk baby talk to my cats all the time,... and actually I usually call them the kitties, so there's two.

If I ever baby-talked to my future ex-wife she probably wouldn't have let me touch her for a week!

DscribeDC
06-01-2006, 04:32 PM
I love Renaissance art and collect books on the subject. I watch "Antiques Roadshow." I went to a party in the 80s that Tiny Tim played at. I am a virtual cornucopia of personal quirks, hobbies and habits that would get me beaten up by a tipsy CBZer who had had a bad day.

And I use the word "cornucopia" in casual conversation.

DscribeDC
06-01-2006, 04:33 PM
We should note that, as of my post, 41 CBZers have viewed this thread and a grand total of 3 have posted. Too busy flexing for the mirror, guys?

thumper3852
06-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Those non-posting viewers must be your stereotypical CBZers...........

stereotype
Function: noun
Etymology: French stéréotype, from stéré- stere- + type
1 : a plate cast from a printing surface
2 : something conforming to a fixed or general pattern; especially : a standardized mental picture that is held in common by members of a group and that represents an oversimplified opinion, prejudiced attitude, or uncritical judgment

Based on that, I suppose not admitting to at least some stereotypical qualities is indeed stereotypical.....................

As for me, I am in many ways a stereotype and in many ways I am not, because I am the epitome of a Pisces, fish swimming in opposite directions. I can't help it.

DscribeDC
06-01-2006, 05:10 PM
Say, Pete, I've got two tickets to the flower show...Interested?

GorDoom
06-01-2006, 06:30 PM
Because I'm the Ol' Spit Bucket ... But seriously I do lead a rather unconventional life. Just ask DscribeDC he spent the Memorial holiday at the Bucket's Bunker.

Pete:

The way I percieve what you mean by sterotype is more like what "Guilty Pleasures" do you indulge in ..

Those I have plenty of. Mostly involving TV. I have at points really liked some really stupid sitcoms, like "The Nanny", for instance, But that was mostly because I think Fran Drescher is HOT despite THAT voice.

& of course there's always, Al Bundy, my role model for what NOT to do in life.

GorDoom

PeteLeo
06-02-2006, 02:06 AM
Okay, since you guys have embarrassed yourselves, I'll give away one of my more protected secrets. While a lot of my life seemed to follow a stereotyped path, especially the way I fucked up most of my late childhood through teen years (no excuses, I was a little asshole -- please allow me the "was" in that statement, no matter how much evidence there exists refuting its implications), I have a talent of sorts that I hardly ever reveal to anyone else.
I can sew. A little.
I don't know all of the technical terms, and I NEVER do it for relaxation or recreation, but I can pull a needle once I have it threaded. Back in the day, the scruffy look was pretty popular among my set at school, but there eventually came the time when scruffy disintegrated into threadbare. Money was always tight, and what little I contributed to the communal account (through various means better not discussed) went for things more pressing than new clothes, like food and rent. So my Mom made sure that my sister and I could patch our own clothing before our butts began to show.
Even today I'll whip on a lost button without giving it a second thought (remind me someday to tell you how my second wife responded upon finding me engaged in that little activity) or fix up an old comfortable work shirt to squeeze a few more weeks out of it. It just doesn't go with my raw, white trash (mostly) "image," so I don't broach the topic often.
But from now on, if you catch me glomming Nancy Zieman (that aging but still hot little seamstress with the crooked mouth) during one of her weekly shows, you'll know that 90% of the reason is the hope I'll get a glimpse of her spectacular knees . . . but I'll also be understanding more of what she's chattering on about than is seemly for a trucker.

DC, thanks for the invite, but flower shows don't fit my manly lifestyle. What do you think, I'm a "Vito" or something? Excuse me while I re-seam this pair of jeans. PeteLeo.

TKO11
06-02-2006, 07:29 AM
I once went to a Wilson Phillips concert.... though I'm not sure if that goes against the stereotype since it was only because my girl at the time wanted to go and I was still trying to get into her pants.

Also, for my wedding I snuck around behind my wife's back, did an arrangement with our ceremony's classical guitarist and flautist and suddenly during the ceremony I sang my wife a song with their accompanyment, that I had written just for the occasion.

DscribeDC
06-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Let's have a gentleman's agreement that, no matter what is disclosed on this thread, we are all ASS-KICKING STUDS!

Steve Coughlin
06-02-2006, 11:08 AM
Alright DC, I'm done flexing so here we go:

While I am a liberal:

I think that quite a few people in the environmental movement are idiots. If you wanna have a great laugh, look for Penn & Teller's BullShit episode where they go to an environmental event and ask people to sing a petition to help get rid of the dangerous pollutant bi-hydro oxide (H2O).

While I am a Jazz Fusion and Heavy Metal guy:

I love old school rap ... Public Enemy, Ice Cube, Ice T, NWA Erik B and Rakim, etc, etc, etc

While I'm still a bachelor:

I'd rather go to the park with my dog Sara than on a first date with a stunning woman. Fifth date? Poor Sara may have to wait a while for the park.

I wouldn' touch Paris Hilton or Pam Anderson with a stick, but would sell my soul for the woman in that Old Spice deoderant commercial, the one where she's in black leather dancin about.

ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY
06-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Hagler lolol... man, I love that song, too (hands to heavan). Also, though.. me? Non-stereotype? Well, first of all, I am a professional boxer that has NEVER tasted alcohol, not even beer, I have never smoked a cigareete and have never taken an illegal drug in my life.

PeteLeo
06-02-2006, 12:08 PM
John, you sound like Penn Jillette . . . except for the being able to fight part, of course. (I saw you several times on TV, by the way.) PeteLeo.

ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY
06-02-2006, 12:10 PM
Penn teller doesn't drink or do drugs either? As for me.. I could never, astill cant, even see the lure or the wonderful thing about drinking something and having it either change your feelings or moods or actually get you drunk. That is CRAZY to me. I just don't see the attraction.

Sharkey
06-02-2006, 12:23 PM
I am not a stereotype because what I like and dislike is usually the Costanza of what everyone else thinks. Yet, not purposely or consciously.

I love watching Pro Golf.

I watch bass fishing shows religiously.

For awhile, my favorite golfer was Scott Hoch. Scott. Hoch.

I, as a pre-teen, owned pet mice. By choice.

I once owned a ventriloquist puppet.

My favortie all-time soda is Tahitian Treat. Cereal would be Quisp. My favorite Christmas Album is "Tijuana Christmas" by the non-Herb-Alpert-Border Brass. Bing Crosby's "Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer" is the best Xmas song ever. I think Dean Martin as singer stinks and Tony Bennett is great.

I have at my full recall, virtually ever Sesame Street skit I saw as a child. "Fleas, have fun, in fur" and "Behind your face, there is a place...." are utilized consistantly.

I watched Spongebob when it first came on TV..and thought it was great.

Rutger Hauer was among my favorite actors.

I love Tom Baker's Dr. Who.

Despite all efforts, I am a gigantic local business jingle junkie. "The dollar you earn, goes farther with Byrne..JP Byrne JP Byrne JP Byrne."

I love boxing but find watching the PGA tour Major tournaments just as enjoyable, maybe more so than the average heavyweight title fight.

I hate that drug abusing athletes like Darryl Strawberry and LT are lauded for trying to kick the habit, and yet root like hell for John Daly in a perfect example of hyporcritical behavior.

I have the theme song to Mr. Belvedere on my computer for some reason and have not deleted it. And played it yesterday.

I believe the following famous/funny people that everyone loves are not funny..... and it is not because I don't understand them..don't pull that crap on me you elitist dumb-bell; but because they are actually not funny:

Jon Stewart, Bill Maher, Dennis Miller, Carlin over the last 10 years. Ben Stiller is overrated as a funnyman..he is a straightman, people. He is funny when he is not the 'funny guy'. Vince Vaughn. No talent hack. See Stiller. He is not even a comic actor..he is a straightman, and his funniest role was in Anchorman when he was the excruciatingly almost-normal Mantooth. I think Garry Shandling is among the funniest people alive today. Yet, John Lovitz makes me laugh every time I see him, despite having no discernable talent...and Craig Ferguson is fantastic.

I believe Jim Carrey is one of the funniest comic actors of all-time.

I believe Jerry Lewis is possibly the greatest goof-ball ever.

William Shatner is such a bad actor, that he is a very good one, and his character on Boston Legal is my favorite TV character since George Costanza.

I think Winona Ryder is hotter than Halle Barre. Courtney Cox is better than Streisand-light Aniston. Salma Hayek is perfect. Eva Langoria does nothing for me.

My cell phone has no ring-tone. I do not believe ring-tones are forms of self-expression.

My two favorite bands were/are Motorhead and Alice in Chains. I am a huge fan of ELO (pre-discoesque that is), and own the Three Tenors CD's.

I cook every meal we eat in this house, and protect the kitchen and the goings on within it like a grandmother with an attitude. I become disappointed when someone eats over and doesn't clean their plate. Yet I usually couldn't care less if they didn't enjoy ME.

I brush my teeth about 7 times a day...have, at any one time, 3-5 different brands of toothpaste, and wear cologne mixes. (Miyake with some Raban on top). Yet, I don't own a comb..or brush.

I have read entire magazines while taking a dump, regularly urinate in old foam coffee cups while on the road rather than use a restroom and chew tobacco (snuff) without my fiancee having any idea I do so.

TKO11
06-02-2006, 12:53 PM
Excellent post Sharks. You continue to be the most interesting person I've ever encountered.....

A few comments: Scott Hoch is a true-blue asshole. Trust me. And he cheats.

I have the themesongs to Greatest American Hero, The Fall Guy and Simon and Simon on my computer (it is my fierce belief that the Simon and Simon themesong is the Everest of TV themesongs).

And while I realize you're not a big guy by any stretch, foam coffee cups? They hold about 6 ounces. Never an overflow?

Sharkey
06-02-2006, 12:56 PM
they sell big cups..20 ounces or so..and it is not unusual to get to the point of having to empty the cup while "holding it".. not good. Slow learner here.

ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY
06-02-2006, 12:57 PM
Look at whatís happened to me,
I canít believe it myself.
Suddenly Iím up on top of the world,
It shouldíve been somebody else.

Believe it or not, Iím walking on air.
I never thought I could feel so free.
Flying away on a wing and a prayer.
Who could it be?
Believe it or not itís just me.

Itís like a light of a new day,
It came from out of the blue.
Breaking me out of the spell I was in,
Making all of my wishes come true.

Believe it or not, Iím walking on air.
I never thought I could feel so free.
Flying away on a wing and a prayer.
Who could it be? Believe it or not itís just me.

Sharkey
06-02-2006, 01:08 PM
great show...but not holding up well looking back from today.

BJ and The Bear..maybe the most retarded show concept ever: "Best of all I don't pay property tax." WHAT? living with a monkey in a truck is ok because you avoid taxes?! Ok.

BTW, Ice...I rooted for you pretty hard in your career. Cool to talk to you.

TKO11
06-02-2006, 01:17 PM
The Everest of TV themesongs (IMO). Love that slide guitar....

http://fileshare.variousstuff.net/0000000607/

Btw, if it won't play in the window, right click and save to your computer and then play with any mp3 player you have.....

DscribeDC
06-02-2006, 01:27 PM
Salma Hayek is perfect.

I, too, am a golf fan and attended the old Sammy Davis Jr. Greater Hartford Open many times in the 1970s when it was held at Wethersfield Country Club.

For my money, the all-time greatest business jingle belonged to Savitt's Jewelry Store in Hartford, CT before Bill Savitt's death:

For weddings
And birthdays
And ann-i-ver-sa-ries
Bill Savitt
Will have it
The perfect gift for these
For quality service
And a whole lot more
It's thirty-five
Asylum Street
Bill Savitt's jewelry store

Sharkey
06-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Gimme Rockford Files' theme..you must include the visuals of the opening of the show. Rockford is staring in mid sentence in a frozen frame shot with the dumbest purse lipped grin in one scene.

Or Buck Rodgers' theme with William Conrad.

Actually...the original Dr. Who theme would have to be THE best.

ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY
06-02-2006, 01:55 PM
Thanks a lot, Sharkey. I appreciaste it. Email me anytime.

ICEJOHNSCULLY@AOL.COM

Hey scribedc... you are from Hartford I assume. I am from Windsor and trained in Hartford for my entire pro career. I remember Bill Savitts jeweler, too. My Mother used to work downtown at the Travelers
ICE

DscribeDC
06-02-2006, 02:01 PM
I'm from Middletown, actually, but definitely remember Bob Steele and Bill Savitt and the Civic Center collapse and all that good Hartford stuff.

The theme from "The Persuaders" with Roger Moore and Tony Curtis kicked mucho ass.

DscribeDC
06-02-2006, 02:03 PM
Oh, btw, Esquire magazine ran the Old Spice "When She's Hot" girl's name a few issues back. I don't recall it, but the truly obsessed could find out in a few hours of library research.

hawk5ins
06-02-2006, 02:19 PM
I was told once that I wasn't truly a boxing fan becuase I was a HUGE Howard Davis Jr. fan and despised Ray Mancini.

That admission alone was enough to confuse the hell out of those who tried to pigeon hole me.

Like religion and Politics, I never ram boxing down anyone's throat. To me a stereo typical boxing fan tends to talk up the sport with anyone with a pulse. I rarely if ever find myself doing this.

If someone knows I am a fan of the sport and attempts to strike up a conversation with me about it, I usually wriggle my way out of discussing it with them.

Some have told me that I do this becuase of my arrogance and that I feel above talking the sport with someone who doesn't know Herbie Hide from Herbie Hancock. At lease on some level, they are probably correct. I have the same issue with talking about sports with women. Can't do it. And I am horrible at hiding that I am uncomfortable when either scenario happens.

If the movie Some Kind of Wonderful is on the USA network and a fight that I have no vested/rooting interest in is on another channel, 9 times out of 10, I'm watching Eric Stoltz awkwardly whisper his way through the dialogue.

And no, that I find Mary Stewart Masterson attractive in that movie, does NOT make me gay. But the fact that I actually enjoy the ending of that flick, my wife tells me, does make me gay.

Stereo typical boxing fan? I think not. Potentially a man with some "issues"? Well...duh.

Hawk

Note: Oh and there is that whole "Hagar over Roth" thingy that I have had thrown in my face by Mr. Sharks. This also makes me Gay apparently....

Oh well. I'm comfortable in my skin.

DscribeDC
06-02-2006, 04:00 PM
Re: Old Spice commercial girl: (You really can find anything on the Internet!)

"This is for tyler oshea and one other person whose name I didn't get, although, he help more than any other. Apparently he went to high school with the dancer. Her name is Callie Garrison and she's represented by Nous Model Management in Los Angeles, CA."

PeteLeo
06-02-2006, 04:41 PM
A business jingle that has stayed with me for a LONG time (and I don't know why) came out in the late Sixties when I was still a pre-teen. Credit cards were relatively new back then -- maybe that's the hook that has snagged me --, and just before Christmas of, say, '68 or '69, an Atlanta area bank began to offer their own card with the following song (young women and men dancers dressed in circa 1890's winter gear, holding wrapped presents on a "wintery" stage and nodding their heads rythmically to the catchy tune):

"It's time to charge . . . into Christmas,
With your C & S Charge Card . . .
All kinds of gifts . . . at all kinds of stores,
With your C & S Charge Card . . . ."

And on like that. I couldn't imagine being a part of any family wealthy enough to be offered something like a credit card. When I grew up and found out how easily they were obtained, I (predictably) went wild and fucked up my credit rating for years.

It's still a nice little memory, though ("It's time to charge . . . into Christmas, With your C & S Charge Card . . . ."). I got a chemistry set that year. Funny how the memory works sometimes. PeteLeo.

Sharkey
06-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Liking John Mayer makes one.."gay"..or 15 and a girl. (Thinking he is a talented songwriter makes one wrong.)

Liking Hagar over Roth doesn't. Just makes you...um...odd? Don't be so silly.

Dan Gunter
06-02-2006, 07:01 PM
I'm not a stereotype, and I don't know any stereotypes. By the time I get to know anyone at all, I realize that he or she is pretty darned complex.

Some of my idiosyncrasies: My parents were sharecroppers when I was born (1957, deep southeast Missouri). My father had an eighth-grade education; my mother had a fifth-grade education. We left the farm when I was not quite seven. We were on welfare, and I ate my share of free government food. (We called it "commodities": not just government cheese, but also canned meat, canned peanut butter, canned butter, white beans, powdered eggs, powdered milk, and the like.) When I was in college, I maxed out on what we then called Basic Educational Opportunity Grants (now Pell Grants).

That's where I started. I have bachelor's and master's degrees in English and did two years on the Ph.D. I edited scholarly books for ten years, and I have taught writing at the college level (in graduate school and at a community college in Eugene, Oregon). I received an honorable mention in the "Redbook" Young Writers' Contest in 1981.

I still write poetry, and I'm shopping around a collection of sonnets at this time. (If anyone wants to see them, look me up on the 'net: I'm an attorney in Seattle, and you can find my email through that means.) When my new wife and I married, I wrote a sonnet for the occasion and had it printed on the back of the wedding dinner menu as a surprise to my wife.

I drive a 1986 Jaguar XJ6 and am an amateur astronomer and amateur slide guitarist. I worship Elmore Jams and Hound Dog Taylor. I used to paint in watercolors and want to pick up the hobby again. I graduated first in my law school class and was a law clerk to the Honorable Robert R. Beezer (U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit). Now I'm a partner, with a practice that takes me across the nation.

When we talk about the diversity that we bring to the firm, I have much to tell folks here.

I'm not bragging. I did things that I was interested in doing. I grew up around people just as bright and capable as me, but who did other things. The choices they made were great choices too--sometimes. And sometimes those bright, capable, wonderful people made terrible choices that left them with lives that I couldn't imagine having the strength to live.

I also like to claim that I'm a character in a novel by the science-fiction writer Jack Vance. In spring 1987 I wrote a fan letter to him. In spring 1988 he published "Araminta Station," which has (on page 26 of the first hardback edition) a very minor, truly unimportant character named "Gunter"--a footman who serves no purpose at all.

And I love boxing because boxers put it on the line. At its best, boxing shows men (and sometimes women) who put their bodies to supreme, true, unequivocal tests of strength, endurance, and will.

DscribeDC
06-02-2006, 08:24 PM
IN PRAISE OF DAN by DscribeDC

Your story is inspiring as hell
I makes me proud to call the CBZ
My home; I thank the person known as "Pell"
For funding all your creativity.
A man who is a painter and who writes
Poetry (and wins awards, to boot!)
Is more than qualified to blab on fights
While prepping for his new class action suit!
Oh, what a varied bunch of guys are we!
No pigeonholing at the CBZ!

Dan Gunter
06-02-2006, 09:05 PM
A glass of wine with you, DscribeDC!

But I think that everyone else on here is more qualified than I am "to blab on fights"! That's why I come here: I'm impressed--and inspired--by the knowledge of the folks at this board. It's an honor to know you all, even if it's only electronically.

And thanks for cracking me up!

GorDoom
06-02-2006, 10:09 PM
You're right about Dscribe, Dan, He is funny as hell! We've been close friends, tighter than two ticks in Tuscon, for about 11 years now & without a doubt he's one of the wittiest, quick minded people I've ever met in my life.

As to admitting to more "Guilty Pleasures" I'm VERY into cooking & I do most of the cooking at home since I work at home & my wife has to commute.

Also really into gardening, playing chess & writing. Also very into my pets. I guess those are all sterotypical pursuits.

GorDoom

Steve Coughlin
06-02-2006, 10:48 PM
Callie GarrisonRIFFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! DC - You're the man!!!! When the authorities pick me up for stalking her I'll leave you outta it:o

If anyone needs me you can all find me at the Elmhurst Public Library or the nearest used magazine store.

kikibalt
06-02-2006, 10:56 PM
DC
The person know as " Pell " is the late Senator from Rhode Island Claiborne Pell.

Frank B.

Dan Gunter
06-03-2006, 04:03 AM
Hey, GorDoom!

I used to love chess. I still count Emmanuel Lasker's "Manual of Chess" as one of my favorite books. But I have to admit that now I don't even know who the world champion is. (Of course, for a time, at least, there were two world champions: shades of alphabet titles . . .)

I'm hoping to make it to the Welliver rumble on the 10th. I'd like to have the opportunity to meet you if I can make it there.

Cheers,
Dan

GorDoom
06-03-2006, 02:38 PM
Dan:

I'll be there. I should be fairly easy to spot. That's cowboy country & I'm sure I'll be the only guy there wearing a black fedora. I wear dark clothes & I have longish hair & a beard.

I don't look like a cowboy ...

Would love to meet up with you in person & there will be some other CBZers there also. Why don't you PM me your phone # I'll call you & we can make arrangements to meet at a specific time & place at the Eagle.

Looking forward to meeting you!

GorDoom

ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY
06-03-2006, 10:55 PM
Also.. I go against stereotypical flow when i say honestly that I have always been a pro for the joy and glory of it all, not to make money. Money was NEVER the motivation for me.

ICE

hagler04
06-04-2006, 11:20 PM
Haha Sharkey. Rutger Hauer is also a favorite. I think he has one of the greatest 'looks' of any actor of all time. Ever since I saw Blade Runner I wanted to BE that guy. In a jealous rage once fighting with a fella who messed around with an x I even started saying his lines that he says to Dekker towards the end of the movie almost word for word "come on, show me what you got . . .that seems to not be good enough! (when the guy threw a punch and brushed my shoulder) come on! that's the spirit!" hahaha.

PeteLeo
06-07-2006, 12:47 AM
I think my favorite Hauer performance was in THE HITCHER. That was just a hell of a flick all the way around. It's a shame that they had to sully its memory with HITCHER II -- like Jake Busey could ever fill that role. PeteLeo.

ezzthetic
06-07-2006, 05:56 AM
do you actually enjoy soap operas? Reality TV shows? Dr. Phil?

My friend, who is a pro MMA fighter, loves Dr. Phil and America's Next Top Model. His mom tapes these shows for him to watch when he's in the country! We're talking about a REALLY tough guy here. :D

PeteLeo
06-09-2006, 12:54 AM
"You're allowed to like what you like." Steve Vance (IDENTITY). PeteLeo.

gregbeyer
06-09-2006, 02:33 AM
because....my old man...who was always there for me...died 11 yrs. ago and i still talk to the only photograph i have of him....just to thank him.

because....my three kids wonder why i tear up so easily just watching them grow and knowing they will not know until they have kids of their own.

because....i have played guitar since i was 12.....have hands more geared to rock/blues yet more often attempt silly love songs...an off key romeo in my living room....

of course i could be cast for the above reasons as stereotyped..... but everone considers me a bad ass.....an OLD bad ass. lol.

i am me because of the people around me. there was no left turns or right turns in my life.....what could have happened...did happen.

one more thing.....i am very lucky. guys tougher than me...plenty....have died early in the wake of the years i have inhabited. for some reason i ended up with 2 things. one i am still alive and two....a good memory...i will never forget those people that some how got into my heart.
greg