PDA

View Full Version : Quitting Ciggarette smoking....

Petey
06-04-2006, 03:13 AM
75 hours with no smokes, cold turkey as I don't have health insurance to buy the assorted goodies. Experiancing a bit of physical withdrawl now too. This is not cool, but telling myself I will be better off in the long run...Me, cold turkey works as well as anything else, record is about 9 months in last 17 years or so.

Any other nicotine addicts wish to share? C'mon, let's share our misery and be a good example to any young people that might be lighting one as we type...Me, when I was 20 years old, could run 2 miles in about 12:15...at 40 years old and having smoked since I was about 19, can walk those same two miles in about 20 minutes. Hmmm, what's the correlation there? Kids, it ain't just age, trust me....

theironbar
06-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Hey Pete -- I know this sounds strange, but when I was going through withdrawal from a prescription medicine (headaches, dizzy, etc.) for some reason cold or allergy medicine helped... weird but true... I don't know what the symptoms are for nicotine withdrawal... Good luck with the quitting though!

All the best,

-Peter

ted cogswell
06-05-2006, 10:46 PM
I smoked for 15 years and quit about 4-5 years ago. Not one relapse since. I had insurance, so I used the patch, and before I stopped I gradually dropped to lower niccotine-level brands to ease my body out of the habit. I think that things like that are mainly just to give you confidence though. I think it would have been just as hard without the patch, it's all in your head. Even the physical withdrawl - the only way you're going to make it is if you are convinced you are going to quit.

Petey
06-09-2006, 12:47 AM
Over a week now...hoping I'm mostly over it. Still want a damn cig though, and probably always will!