PDA

View Full Version : Random Question: Brown vs Butkus

HE Grant
06-15-2006, 03:13 PM
Random, childish question...I've been TVO'ing many Classic Sports Century docs lately and saw ones on Brown and Butkus ... both were natural physical marvels. Butkus was slightly larger, and inch or so and slightly heavier, about ten pounds...both are football legends, legendary talents and were known as physical marvels...any ideas on who might have been the tougher guy?

DscribeDC
06-15-2006, 03:33 PM
I would say Brown. Butkus was dishing out punishment; Brown was absorbing hits. Plus, he was a two-sport star, and went on to make action films, which must have required a certain grit.

But I wouldn't want to meet up with either in a dark alley.

mike
06-15-2006, 10:26 PM
occording to players both were tough but the nfl rated butkus as the toughtest football player evr--id give it to rinner and tackler nagurski--halas who had them both thought so. nagurski--the man with a 19 sixe ring largest made in us and size 9 helmut. anyhow brown was tough.

mike
06-15-2006, 10:37 PM
halas said nagurshi ran as hard as csonka and hit harder than butkus. also nagurski had americas largest fingers, still does [except for some 1000 pound guy i suspect], and a huge head.

Wing master
06-16-2006, 12:10 AM
Heres my childish random answer.

What the hell kind of name is BUTTKISS anyway?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Wing master

PeteLeo
06-16-2006, 02:08 AM
Heres my childish random answer.

What the hell kind of name is BUTTKISS anyway?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Wing master
If the three of us are ever by happenstance in an enclosed space togther, I'll let you ask him the "ButtKiss" question. I may be stupid, but I ain't, uh, crazy. PeteLeo.