Both in their prime at 135lbs.
i go with Ike, i think he would
have been to slick for Pryor
12 or 13 rds. that it.

Frank B.

StingerKarl
09-15-2005, 11:59 PM
Ohhh...this is brutal, bro..
You win the CBZ Prize for the most difficult matchup of the month.
I have no dreaming idea; and that's a fact.
I also don't have an idea what the prize is.
Karl

Ronald Lipton
09-18-2005, 02:26 AM
Ike all the way.

He had the height, the experience, the punch-both hands, the speed and the condition.

A wild swinging powerhouse was his speciality.
He took out one of the toughest named Beau Jack.

Pryor should not be mentioned in the same breath as Ike.

Roberto Aqui
09-18-2005, 01:15 PM
Ike certainly had a more noble character than Pryor who became a drug addict. However, why handicap Pryor to 135 when all his title fights were at 140? Williams was effective at 140+, but that was after a long career had removed some luster.

Pryor demolished a ring legend at 140 right out of the title gate. Cervantes was up in age, but still, in 21 title fights at 140, Pyror was the only one to stop him. Pryor also stopped a ring legend in his prime who moved up from lightweight to challenge him in a brutal fight, Arguello. Both were powerful, tall, rangy greats who could box.

Now, making the match at 135 with Williams in his prime, I'd favor a decision for Ike over an inexperienced Pryor. At 140 though, I'd favor Pryor by KO. Sure, he'd be behind on the cards, but the pressure he put on fighters and odd angles he came at them from made it impossible for the best boxers to hang the distance.

I'm sure a few losses on Williams' record were the result of his wearing the cuffs, but KOs by Angott and Montgomery are likely legit, so it's not like Ike was unbeatable. No man is, though Ike put together a nice streak and also beat some legends during it, but that's how I break it down.

Hagler04
09-18-2005, 05:19 PM
TOUGH TOUGH fight, and I'd make Pryor a LIVE underdog, but I see Williams, with the superior height, reach, and jab to eventually KO Pryor late. Against Williams, Pryor would not have the huge speed advantage like he had vs Arguello, and he'd be forced to respect Ike b/c of that snappy right hand. Williams was like a superman version of Arguello and Johnson combined, and both of those guys gave Pryor some trouble.

walsh b
09-19-2005, 04:39 AM
Maybe you guys think I'm mad, but I think Aaron was overrated and very beatable. Yes he was super fit, threw loads of punches from awkward angles and could bang at 140, but his footwork was below average, his defense was non existent.He was so very easily hit, Alexis proved this for 14rds. I just think that somebody a bit better than Arguello would easil outpoint Aaron. Williams in my opiniom would have easily beat Alexis and I see him winning a comfortable UD over Pryor. A decent boxer wih good footwork, speed, chin and defense can beat Aaron all day long. There were plenty of thos type of fighters thru history