PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Hitman Hearns Vs James Superman Scott

SageBrush
08-26-2005, 01:19 PM
Tommy Hitman Hearns did shatter one Rock at Lightheavy , Dennis Andries, but would he have any kryptonite for Superman Scott, or would the bald muscular marauder give Tommy a rather nasty feeling of Magnified De'Ja Vue ???

James ability to Travel was rather impeded, so I guess this would have to be on Jame's home Turf, however, Tommy is very well respected so should get a warm welcome from the er…captive audience, and perhaps the foreboding environs of Rahway would not be such a factor,

Does Motercity Hearns Show James his production line Coupe De Grace or is it James's Jailhouse Rock ?

Ronald Lipton
08-26-2005, 09:19 PM
James Scott who I met in Rahway prison as I visited Carter there for years and knew some of the CO's one of which was in the Golden Gloves with me, Alan August, would knock out Hearns.

I saw this guy up close when he was in shape and I saw all his fights. He was no joke and came to fight.

Scott would make what Iran Barkley did look like a merciful sparring session. He was a big light heavy while Tommy was not really extremely powerful at that weight, he would break him up to the body and bull him into corners walking through his shots, his jab and knock him back constantly on his reed like legs. Hearns being knocked off balance could not set down on his shots enough to stop Scott who would really put it to him.

starlingstomp
08-26-2005, 09:31 PM
Hearns would have a chance at an early KO, before Scott gets into his groove.

Tommy lost a lot of his ability to maintain distance as he moved up past 154 and that would probably be his downfall here.

naf2003
08-26-2005, 11:03 PM
I'd take Scott. Scott at his best was an extremely well conditioned and strong fighter at 175. Too strong for Hearns at that weight. Plus, Hearns would not have much if any height advantage against Scott.

StingerKarl
08-28-2005, 01:15 AM
Scott would tear him to pieces and flatten him.

jyoungfan2
08-28-2005, 01:39 AM
I believe scott was released this year. Has anyone heard anything about him?

StingerKarl
08-28-2005, 02:07 AM
He was, jy to a halfway house in New Jersey.
Perhaps Ron could provide more info.
I really liked him as a fighter when he worked over another one of my favorites-Eddie Mustafa Muhammad.
What a fighter James Scott was.
Karl

Husker
10-13-2006, 07:07 PM
James ability to travel was rather impeded?

That's the funniest damned thing I've heard in days, Sage.

Hearns too long, too fast and by this point in his career (Andries and the like) he had learned something he didn't know when he fought SRL and Marv- the clinch. Unless Scott lands a Barkley, I really don't see him winning.

Elwill7847
10-13-2006, 09:29 PM
James Scott who I met in Rahway prison as I visited Carter there for years and knew some of the CO's one of which was in the Golden Gloves with me, Alan August, would knock out Hearns.

I saw this guy up close when he was in shape and I saw all his fights. He was no joke and came to fight.

Scott would make what Iran Barkley did look like a merciful sparring session. He was a big light heavy while Tommy was not really extremely powerful at that weight, he would break him up to the body and bull him into corners walking through his shots, his jab and knock him back constantly on his reed like legs. Hearns being knocked off balance could not set down on his shots enough to stop Scott who would really put it to him.

Ron,

I agree that Scott was too big and strong for Tommy and would KO him.

Husker
10-14-2006, 01:01 AM
I have this wierd Da Bears thing with Tommy Hearns (Ditka vs. God in a round of golf? Ditka) and having parried with Starlingstomp before (many I respect as much, none I respect more) I'm going to retract my prior judgment...for now.

To be honest,I haven't seen Scott fight since it was live and I was in my late teens. I don't have any of his fights on tape but I'm pretty sure I can get some, so when I do, I'll come back to this.

Always gets me to thinking when my knee-jerk reaction is seen to stand alone and I just have to know if I'm right or wrong...well as right or wrong as an opinion can be.

Michael Frank
08-10-2007, 06:50 PM
I love Tommy, and Scott was no Superman. But, he was top-ranked when there was a ton of wonderful light-heavies: Gregory, Franklin, Rossman, M. Spinks, Galindez, Kates, Braxton, J. Martin, etc. And Scott was much bigger naturally than Hearns. While Tommy's by far the better pound-for-pound fighter, at this weight he has little chance against top-flight guys, including Scott. Neither would Hagler stand a chance at light-heavy.