PDA

View Full Version : Rahman Ali (aka Rudy Clay)

raylawpc
08-23-2006, 12:33 PM
I saw the tape of the Ali-Foreman fight on ESPN last night. Right in the thick of things after the fight, as always, was Ali's brother, Rahman. Any idea what has become of him?

raylawpc
03-28-2007, 05:51 PM
bump. Still curious if anyone knows. . . .

Quico Guilledo
03-28-2007, 10:35 PM
No idea but I did see a recent picture of him with his brother on Yahoo! a few days ago.

(Not the greatest picture, I know)

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070318/capt.550ad8ab904b4ca3be69d8561b2da611.ali_rumble_r eplay_kybb103.jpg

raylawpc
03-28-2007, 11:03 PM
Thanks Quico

silk degrees
04-08-2007, 10:30 PM
I have seen some footage with Ferdie Pacheco talking about Rudy, and the feeling he had is Rudy as a boxer had taken too many punches, he is believed to have some form of brain damage. It would not surprise me if Rudy has been put in a home somewhere

KOJOE90
04-09-2007, 08:14 AM
I've seen Rahman Ali on several Ali Documentarys over the years and he has always appeared to be in good health.

raylawpc
04-10-2007, 11:06 AM
I have seen some footage with Ferdie Pacheco talking about Rudy, and the feeling he had is Rudy as a boxer had taken too many punches, he is believed to have some form of brain damage. It would not surprise me if Rudy has been put in a home somewhere

If Rahman Ali is in a home somewhere drooling in a cup because of brain injuries suffered through boxing, then the sport really should be banned (I say tongue-in-cheek). The guy only had about a dozen fights, and I don't recall him receiving heavy punishment in any of them. This can't be true.

silk degrees
04-10-2007, 07:01 PM
If Rahman Ali is in a home somewhere drooling in a cup because of brain injuries suffered through boxing, then the sport really should be banned (I say tongue-in-cheek). The guy only had about a dozen fights, and I don't recall him receiving heavy punishment in any of them. This can't be true.

ray i don't know this to be true either, but i have heard ferdie pacheco talking about rudy having some kind of mental problems. I have loads of tapes and books, and i am not searching thru all of this to prove you a point, but remember, ferdie said this, not me

raylawpc
04-10-2007, 11:01 PM
I know Silk, and if I left the impression that I thought you were doing anything other than reporting the "Fight Doctor's" comments, I apologize. I have no doubt you are reporting only what you heard.

GorDoom
04-13-2007, 04:40 PM
I've known Ferdie for many years & he's not a b.s. artist He helped the CBZ out a lot in our formative years & was the first well known celebrity to not only vocally support us in the boxing community -remember this is way back in the early 90's when most people didn't even know what the internet was - especially boxing people.

Ferdie also wrote for us & supplied us with a lot of historical informaton & contacts. Ferdie is a good man & if he says something I believe him.

GorDoom