3 Olympic Skiing
4 Fighting
5 Rollercosters
6 Parachuting
7 Killing someone
8 Being chased by something that could kill you
9 Rocking
10 Sex with two women

This is the best list I could come up with.

Petey
11-01-2006, 02:00 AM
You can actually run out of adrenaline, or at least out/away from your ability to respond to it. This is not a good thing by any means, as when you run out/away. you don't get scared and subsequently doen't get "The ahir on the back of the neck standing up" or other such warnings. I've heard this referred to as "Wyatt Earp Syndrome".

I stopped getting adrenal reactions at my former job 4-5 years ago. Problem was that I still had to run to some calls occassionally and my smoke filled lungs and ancient knees really protested enroute without any surge of adrenaline, thus they hurt gefore, during, and after incidents. What helped this shortage of adrenaline for awhile, temporary fix, was going into the job high on caffine and ephedrine - awful shit for your heart. I discontinued this stuff after awhile (Diet Coke and one or two of my wife's diet pills a half hour or so before work, helluva a boost, but paid for it with shakes and rapid heart beats...)

If you need this extreme sports / fantasy stuff to get a rush, it actually suggests to me that you're still healthy!

TKO11
11-01-2006, 08:25 AM
Number 7 - killing someone? I guess that's a rush.... if you're a serial murderer.

hawk5ins
11-01-2006, 10:44 AM
But #7 does kind of disturb me.

If this is the best list that YOU could come up with JLP, no offense meant, but you might not make my Christmas card list this year.

Feel like I need to take a shower simply for reading this thread.

Hawk

thumper3852
11-01-2006, 11:51 AM
More later, but..............

Climbing the steps to the ring and going through the ropes for your first sanctioned bout is one helliuva adrenaline rush, topped by the bell ringing for the first round.

DscribeDC
11-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Y'know, there's an employer who can give you all the #7 you could ask for and will pay for doing it, too! (Hint: pack your sunscreen.)

Chuck1052
11-01-2006, 09:25 PM
Other adrenaline rushes include:

1. Combat (including being in a dogfight as a fighter pilot)
2. Being a test pilot
3. auto racing (especially in the old days without the
safety equipment)
4. Being a stunt pilot
5. Walking on a tight rope at a great height
6. Performing on a trapeze

Fifty years ago, the mortality rate in all of the mentioned
activities was very high, but a certain breed of people
couldn't wait to do such risky activities again even
after being severely injured.

- Chuck Johnston

gregbeyer
11-02-2006, 04:21 AM
for me it was in rough weather on the puget sound picking up commercial crab pots while negotiating the swells. i was with my best friend and brother in law tony. we were partners with the boat and license and everything was split to whomever needed the dough the most and we were making dough. thats a rush in its self. we were brothers in foul weather. young , strong and as healthy as the air above the puget sound can make you.

it was a rush just to be leaving harbor and seeing your competitors heading back in.

it was a rush to share those five am tokes on the way out. to open up the motor and fire up the speakers with whatever music was chosen for a hard day on a crabber.

the biggest rush was to have the crew at the dock waiting for your catch and telling you " man your hardcore".

to shed your rain gear and sign the ticket for a thousand pounds of crab. to know that tomorrow another day like that awaited you....that was the biggest adrenaline rush of my life...i wish i had nine more but for me that was my greatest times.

my friend, my best friend ever, tony passed at 29.

the boat sank at its moorings while i was at his funeral.

i was 14 years older than tony. i have had many experiences he will never have but when you talk of a high point... thats where he lives in my memory.

high seas, fast times and my bro....that was a rush.
greg

dongee
11-02-2006, 08:44 AM
Thanks, Greg:

Painful as that might have been to share with us all, GB, you've struck home with a bitter-sweet touch.

I'm glad we met, pal.

hap

Mike DeLisa
11-03-2006, 09:00 AM
I ran with the Bulls in Pamplona -- that was a rush that lasted two days -- not unlike when I boxed.

I have a theory that the reason why so many boxers stick around way after their time is up is because they are actually and truly ADDICTED to adrenalin.