PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Short Guys of All-Time

avstract
11-30-2006, 04:29 AM
This is very interesting quite funny though!
Find out why...

here's the article: http://www.maximonline.com/articles/index.aspx?a_id=6855&src=gx122

DscribeDC
11-30-2006, 10:28 AM
Can't access Maxim from work...but any list would obviously have to include Napoleon and St. Peter, who archaeologist believe may have been only about four and a half feet tall.

thumper3852
11-30-2006, 12:12 PM
St. Peter, who archaeologist believe may have been only about four and a half feet tall.

I'd never heard that...wasn't he named the "rock" by Jesus? And he always is referred to as the"big fisherman".

DscribeDC
11-30-2006, 12:26 PM
Okay, maybe a little taller. But still a half-pint.

In 1962, Italian Anthropologist Venerando Correnti identified the bones—which consist of approximately half a skeleton—as those of a robustly built man about 5 ft. 4 in. in height and between 65 and 72 years of age. An analysis of the dirt found with the bones, Dr. Guarducci claimed, showed that it had come from the area near the circus of Nero, where Peter was crucified in A.D. 64 or 67.

TKO11
11-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Actually I think Jesus called him "Stretch" and played no limit hold'em with him on Friday nights. Wasn't it St. Pete that once remarked, after Jesus had called his raise of 20 drachmas:

"Four aces. Count'em Jesus. And none of your goddamned miracles."

GorDoom
11-30-2006, 05:12 PM
LOL!!! That was rich!

GorDoom

GorDoom
11-30-2006, 06:18 PM
I just had to post it ... "Short People", lyrics by Randy Newman

Short People got no reason
Short People got no reason
To live

They got little hands
Little eyes
They walk around
Tellin' great big lies
They got little noses
And tiny little teeth
They wear platform shoes
On their nasty little feet

Well, I don't want no Short People
Don't want no Short People
`Round here

Short People are just the same
As you and I
(A Fool Such As I)
All men are brothers
Until the day they die
(It's A Wonderful World)

Short People got nobody
Short People got nobody
Short People got nobody
To love

They got little baby legs
That stand so low
You got to pick 'em up
Just to say hello
They got little cars
That got beep, beep, beep
They got little voices
Goin' peep, peep, peep
They got grubby little fingers
And dirty little minds
They're gonna get you every time
Well, I don't want no Short People
'Round here

avstract
12-03-2006, 10:36 PM
Cool....! Nice song for the short the short guys huh! Anyway of all the list of Maxim for the short guys of all time I would agree for their number 5 on the list, Yuri Gagarin First man in space.
For you who would you agreed for the short guy from the list?

Mike DeLisa
12-05-2006, 01:28 AM
I never could understand why the Bible translater the name as Peter, when it really should be "Rocky" -- it was one of the few puns by Jesus i the Bible -- "you are gonna be the "Rock I build my church on."

avstract
12-05-2006, 01:56 AM
huh? Anyway go back to the list...... what other short guys you can add to the list?

TKO11
12-05-2006, 08:42 AM
Well Mike, you'd be better off building a church on a rock than on a peter. I think, anyway....

Sharkey
12-05-2006, 10:31 AM
What about Edward G. Robinson? WAY better than DeVito...or Cobain or Prince.

John Stewart. I guess I missed where pretending to pretend to be a newsman was timeless.

Edward G. not only was an icon, and a damned good actor ("Double Indemnity", "The Stranger" "Little Caesar" et al)...but he was turned into a Bugs Bunny character ("Rocky's too smart for ya..mya mya mya" most famous for the episode involving "OH? He's hiding in the stove eh?) AND he was in "Soilent Green"

Oh, and Doug Flutie, who I have met, is NOT 5'10. Unless I am 6' which I am not.

My vote for greatest short GUYS of all time are the members of the tiny band that used to march along the bottom of the TV Screen during Captain Kangaroo.. causing everyone to stop what they were doing.

BDeskins
12-05-2006, 12:17 PM
Wasn't Alexander the Great and Genghis Khan actually very small men?

Kid Achilles
12-05-2006, 04:46 PM
I remember reading from many sources that Napoleon was actually a little above average height for a frenchman at the time. He was 5' 6" or 5'7". Small by today's standards but not a small guy considerating when and where he lived.

DscribeDC
12-05-2006, 06:01 PM
"Would I trow dis match inta da stove if my pal Rocky was in dere?"

"You might, rabbit, you might..."

Immortal stuff.

DscribeDC
12-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Just read the list. Even by Maxim standards, this list is dumbass.

Sharkey
12-05-2006, 07:33 PM
"Would I trow dis match inta da stove if my pal Rocky was in dere?"

"You might, rabbit, you might..."

Immortal stuff.

Bugs, as Mugsy: It's coitans for you Rocky .. coitans.... HERE! (actual curtains)

Rocky: Aww they're adorable.

avstract
12-05-2006, 11:37 PM
What about Edward G. Robinson? WAY better than DeVito...or Cobain or Prince.

John Stewart. I guess I missed where pretending to pretend to be a newsman was timeless.

Edward G. not only was an icon, and a damned good actor ("Double Indemnity", "The Stranger" "Little Caesar" et al)...but he was turned into a Bugs Bunny character ("Rocky's too smart for ya..mya mya mya" most famous for the episode involving "OH? He's hiding in the stove eh?) AND he was in "Soilent Green"

Oh, and Doug Flutie, who I have met, is NOT 5'10. Unless I am 6' which I am not.

My vote for greatest short GUYS of all time are the members of the tiny band that used to march along the bottom of the TV Screen during Captain Kangaroo.. causing everyone to stop what they were doing.

Edward Robinson? Is he reach the POP stage? I mean is he popular like Devito, Cobain and prince? I guess this list from Maxim regarding the shortest guys are those guys that are popular by name and those who are called "artist" that are usually seen on TV or big screen, those artist, and or legendary people that are patronized and idolized. (that is for my own opinion)

DscribeDC
12-06-2006, 10:57 AM
The only list that John Keats and Jon Stewart belong on together is "Guys Named John or Jon." Maybe.

Thor DK
12-06-2006, 04:07 PM
The shortest guy on the list truly was great. Naim Suleymanoglu, probably the greatest weightlifter ever. 3 olympic gold medals, and it would have been 4, if Bulgaria hadn't boycotted the 1984 games. 7 world championships. He lifted 3 times his bodyweight, when he was 16! In 1988, when he won his first olympic gold at featherweight, he lifted more than the winner at lightweight.

If you've ever seen him in action, you probably remember him. With very short limbs and a compact and powerful body, he was simply made for weightlifting. Truly a pocket Hercules.

GorDoom
12-06-2006, 06:48 PM
I nominate Pascual Perez & Jimmy Wilde, arguably the two greatest flyweight champions of all time. Also Benny "Little Fish" Bass former feather & jr. light champion.

All three of them were 5'2 & under.

Hell, you could nominate most of the great fly's thu feathers as the great majority of them were tiny guys.

GorDoom

GorDoom
12-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Doug Flutie? Puh-Leeze ... How can anybody forget the original Dallas Cowboy QB from 1960, Eddie LeBaron, all 5'6 of him?

He started out with the Redskins playing for them from 1952 through 59 & was with the Cowboys from the incipience in 1960 through the '63 season.

I know football players were smaller back then but a 5'6 QB?

GorDoom

avstract
12-07-2006, 01:08 AM
I pick the hobbits from the list, Elijah Wood (Frodo), Sean Astin (Sam). These geek heroes of all time are quite shorter and look shorter in the role from the movie Lord of the rings, would you believe that these habbots are actually
3'6" in height?
Cool... :)