PDA

View Full Version : duran trunks on ebay

catsfoot9
12-30-2005, 04:37 PM
:hat Has anyone else seen Durans trunks from the 1989 Barkley fight currently on ebay at a starting bid of U.S$7.500.00....funny, as i was just watching my tape of this fight the other night...turns out that the seller had some sort of business dealings with Duran and his wife a few years back and ended up with quite a bit of the great ones memorabilia....robes, trunks etc...i'm not sure though, that I would be too happy to see MY stuff end up on ebay, especially if they were some kind of 'gift'...it makes me wonder how the stuff was actualy aquired (assuming it is the genuine article)...the trunks certainly LOOK genuine enough, although who would really know....I wonder if Duran himself has anything to do with the sale, or even knows anything about all of this....just wondered what anyone elses thoughts were on this....But JESUS !...what a fight it was !!!...cheers to all.

GorDoom
12-30-2005, 08:03 PM
Welcome to the board, Catfoot! The biggest problem with memorabilia is being able to establish the provenance of an item. & boxing isn't organised like say Baseball so there are a lot of scam artists out there.

As the old saying goes, "Buyer Beware". & frankly 7 + grand for a pair of trunks? Too pricey for me.

GorDoom

catsfoot9
12-30-2005, 08:20 PM
:hat Thanks for the welcome Gordoom, and i agree about the price, but clearl;y some of these collectors have more $ than brains ...Hey it's good to be back guys....The boss is away - so the cat will play b!!!....lol

theironbar
12-30-2005, 09:13 PM
I saw those trunks too -- I loved the fight but will stick with the program and ticket I have from it -- 7 large is just too large for something that could be fake!

gregbeyer
01-05-2006, 02:34 AM
if i may be so bold peter...what pray tell did you pay for the ticket and program?
greg

theironbar
01-05-2006, 03:09 AM
Hi Greg -- I think I paid a total of $40 USD for the ticket and program... I purchased the program from a dealer in CA and the ticket on e-bay...

BTW, hope you're doing well -- thank you again for the "Little Red" Lopez tape -- very, very generous and much appreciated!

-Peter