PDA

View Full Version : MUSTAFA MUHAMMAD v SAAD MUHAMMAD full fight exist..?

Jeri Curl aka Overhand Right
06-04-2005, 05:59 AM
... Or as it was at the time, Eddie Gregory v Matthew Franklin. I cant believe this fight isn't available. I know there is a version of rds 1 thru 4 but whats the point when this was a 10 rd fight?

I would love to see the fight as these are two of my favourite fighters ever, has anyone ever seen the full fight, at teh time or doing the rounds on video?

I wonder if Mustafa or Saad themselves own a copy?

PS I'm distraught at the mass of pure gold material that has been lost by whoever hacked this site. A very depressing day.

StingerKarl
06-07-2005, 03:06 PM
I saw the fight, Jeri.
Beleive it or not-it wasn't that good.
Franklin was a boxer then and wouldn't mix with Eddie.
He did catch Eddie coming in and floor him though.
Eddie snorted and stomped and chased him for the most part.
I think it was the same card as Antuofermo Ko of Hart on that Friday Night Fights series than Don Dunphy did. Saad may have it-don't know. Last i heard he was living in an Atlantic city ghetto called "The Inlet" which is heavy drug dealing. He was painting houses part time when he could find the work and doing just labor stuff and training fighters-but nothing serious. he hocked a championship belt of his not too long ago. Evander Holyfield really disrespected him by walking past his extended hand and ignoring him in the gym one time.
Karl

06-12-2005, 09:46 AM
Damn karl, thats some interesting info. The fact you say the fight wasnt all that good takes the hurt away to some extent i suppose.

When exactly was this Holyfield incident? Was it intentional or didnt Holy recognise him?

Wow.

StingerKarl
06-13-2005, 05:45 PM
My late friend boxing trainer Ray Rodriguez told me about it.
I would say in the 90's it occured.

timayres
06-15-2005, 02:26 PM
I second the thank for that fight description.

My guess is that if Saad is moving around and living in a marginal fashion, he would not have any tapes with him. Perhaps a manager or extended family...or from Eddie's side of things.

StingerKarl
06-15-2005, 03:22 PM
That's a good idea, Tim.
Eddie is a terrific nice guy and very receptive to fans.
I know he was training fighters at Richard Steele's Gym in Vegas. I know Richard's first gym closed-maybe he opened another one. I am sure Eddie would hook you up with it if he has it, for perhaps a fee-I don't know.

08-26-2005, 07:39 AM
I'd love to speak to Eddie. Im a major fan of his & i have often tried imitate his style when sparring myself at Tigers gym.

Does anybody know Eddies email?