PDA

View Full Version : She Was At Her Best In . . . .

PeteLeo
04-03-2007, 01:21 AM
Just watched ONE MILLION YEARS B.C. again over the weekend, and, shama-lama-ding-dong, that Raquel Welch looked just about as close to perfect in that flick as a human female can achieve (don't over-diagnose that statement: I'm from Alabama, true, but I'm only interested in humans that way -- female humans).

Of course she had the jugs, but, damn, that butt and those thighs . . . even the waist and arms (points of interest all too often over-looked by poets dedicated to the feminine form) looked literally good enough to eat. The face was fine, when I got that high, but I'll just have to admit that if cavebabes really looked like Raquel (called "Stackedwell" by none other than Groucho himself on "Saturday Night Live at the Palace"), Martine Beswick (great catfight she had with Raquel -- none of that shitty martial arts stuff), and Jean Wladon, it might actually have been worth living in a time when you had to fight allosaurs with sticks and could watch only black and white TV.

So, to put it more succinctly, "She (Raquel Welch) Was At Her Best In ONE MILLION YEARS B.C." PeteLeo.

Goofy Pimple
04-03-2007, 05:19 AM
Her daughter married the son of famous England cricketer Freddie Trueman. I remember seeing a clip of Freddie saying his son must be one of the few men who would like to f**k his mother-in-law. :D

DscribeDC
04-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Funny you should mention that. I was just watching the Welch-Beswick catfight on YouTube the other day.

I would also recommend the Divine Ms. W. in FATHOM, bikini-clad, dodging spears; and my personal favorite, as "Lillian Lust, the girl with the bust" in the original Peter Cook/Dudley Moore/Eleanor Bron BEDAZZLED. See if THAT won't make you toss and turn for a few weeks...

Dan Gunter
04-03-2007, 01:59 PM
I remember a "Laugh-In" episode with one of the classic, cheesy lines: "Be warned, anything you say can and will be held against you!" "OK: Raquel Welch."

DscribeDC
04-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Did you know that Raquel Welch was a Latina?

Born Jo Raquel Tejada, she is half Bolivian.

PeteLeo
04-03-2007, 07:49 PM
Does that mean she fought Mike Tyson at some time? PeteLeo.

kikibalt
04-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Welch was born Jo Raquel Tejada in Chicago, Illinois, the oldest of three children born to Armando Carlos Tejada and Josephine Sarah Hall. Her father was a Bolivian immigrant who was an aerospace engineer, and her mother was an Irish-American.

In 1942, Armando Tejada was transferred to San Diego, California. The family moved to the suburb of La Jolla, where Raquel grew up. She took dancing lessons as a child, and was winning beauty pageants by the time she was a teenager. Among her titles were "Miss Photogenic," "Miss La Jolla," "Miss Contour," and "Miss San Diego." In 1957, she was named "Miss Fairest of the Fair" at the San Diego County Fair. After high school she entered San Diego State College on a theater arts scholarship. The following year she married a high school sweetheart, James

Dan Gunter
04-04-2007, 01:08 PM
May I suggest that fading into that particular Bolivian would not be a terrible fate?

DscribeDC
04-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Quite possibly the sexiest female of the century.

DscribeDC
04-04-2007, 01:16 PM
Quite possibly the sexiest female of the century.

dongee
04-04-2007, 01:31 PM
Just further proof that the lovliest women, young or old, are in California, most notably Hollywood. In my salad days I would walk from the Legion Stadium two blocks to Hollywood and Vine where the old Mayflower coffee shop was located. Might not even tough my food.....but.... Damn, the waitresses there were something to fill your cup and your eyes with!

Clerks in the stores in those days were beauties with failed dreams of stardom in the movies who took any job just to stay alive and close to the action at the studios.

A visit to the studios in those days was an incredible experience that made many of us feel like dogs in a butcher shop! Damn this fleeting time!

But at least we're still here...and appreciably cognizant!

hap navarro

kikibalt
04-04-2007, 01:50 PM
But at least we're still here
hap navarro

Some of us, barely!!

dongee
04-04-2007, 01:59 PM
Kiki:

I don't know about that because there are probably many others who would like to be as vibrantly enthusiastic as you are, pal. Just keep your hands up your chin down and your trunks off the canvas......remember?

Wish you health and wealth, always.

hap navarro

kikibalt
04-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Kiki:

I don't know about that because there are probably many others who would like to be as vibrantly enthusiastic as you are, pal. Just keep your hands up your chin down and your trunks off the canvas......remember?

Wish you health and wealth, always.

hap navarro

LOL! Thanks Hap.

KiKi

rocky111
04-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Laugh if you might, but Ive been almost around the world and seen alot. If I had to pick a city where the worlds most beautiful women were at, it would be Beirut Lebanon. Before the war that city was another Paris and the people were very very well to do and the women dressed it up and they had the features, the coloring, the hair and the figures to pull it off. I mean gorgeous! Going there I thought just the opposite, but was I fooled. This city was no Arab ghost town, but a full blown Western Rome-Paris type place. By the way Rome is not too shabby for broads too! Ya can throw in Moscow.
Hollywood? Maybe the movie capital parts where girls come from all over but give me Chicago people for genes on the whole. Good stock. They move like they know stuff and they do.
My old man was in Cal in the late twenties and early thirties and he said the same as Hap. Those days must have been something.

rocky111
04-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Throw in Hong Kong also................

DscribeDC
04-04-2007, 02:39 PM
Stockholm, Munich, Sydney and Lisbon, all good. For the USA, Denver, of all places.

PeteLeo
04-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Our next contestant: Stella Stevens.
Some would choose her "college girl" role opposite Jerry Lewis in THE NUTTY PROFESSOR, and there's more than fondness in my heart for her tough gal portrayal of "Linda Rogo" in THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE (Stella look good wet -- real good, yuh), but the absolute peak of appearance and performance in Ms. Stevens' public career in my humble opinion came in a much-maligned Dean Martin turn as "Matt Helm" in THE SILENCERS. Gosh a'Mighty, she looked almost like the embodiment of all of my sweaty teen daydreams in that one, especially when defiantly thrusting her gorgeous chest toward evil Robert Webber and inviting him to pluck the sweet life from her patriotic heart. I know there are mystery fans out there who refuse to watch any of Martin's "Helm" flicks due to the smarmy makeover Deano gave the award-winning sleuth/secret agent, but if you enjoy Stella at all, put aside your moral indignation for a couple of hours and catch her in THE SILENCERS. You won't regret it. PeteLeo.

DscribeDC
04-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Recently, I found myself watching the absolutely crap horror film THE MANITOU on cable and, yes, I was captivated by Stella's performance as a psychic.

Am I off base here, or was Stella not the Nazi superwoman who did batle with Lynda Carter in Wonder Woman? Memorable...

Phillyfan
04-05-2007, 10:55 AM
pete, from raquel to stella without stopping off at sophia loren?

Petey
04-06-2007, 01:43 AM
"The Three Musketeers" The Raq and Faye Dunaway both near prime...whoa...

HandToMouth
04-07-2007, 10:05 AM
hey raquel was top drawer, no doubt... but watch ann margret in this short clip in her prime & still tell me if you feel raquel is tops... ann imo tops out her era:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YycFsfNN1DY

Phillyfan
04-08-2007, 05:38 AM
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t305/jesster64/raquel.jpg

there's no topping raquel

PeteLeo
04-08-2007, 04:15 PM
She already has a pretty good topping. PeteLeo.

Roberto Aqui
04-08-2007, 08:39 PM
I told y'all I grew up with Raquel's twin sister who was 4 yrs older than me and lightyears more developed. She was the first girl I ever danced with and absolutely one of the all time great feminine mystiques I've ever met plus she was an absolute tiger when angered, something to complement her other obvious assets.

Never mentioned this, but her mother was even more voluptuous, though not as absolutely beautiful. One saturday in my senior HS year the family was having a UT football get together with mine and I drove my sporty Corvair over by my lonesome. It was about 11am and our parents had been up carousing the night before and all were just rising. Mrs. H walked up in her bathrobe as I parked in front and gave me a hug as I stepped out of the car. Her robe flew open and she was in the sheerest nighty imaginable. She then gave me a lucisous shimmy shake that left me shaked and baked in slacked jawed shock as she casually strolled back into the house.