PDA

View Full Version : most attractive actor and actress

rocky111
04-04-2007, 02:28 PM
We had this discussion the other day and a Doctor mentioned that it told alot about a person how he saw attractiveness. We limited it to actors and actresses and it was interesting to see peoples tastes. I mentioned Clark Gable, Victor Mature, and Elvis Presley as the actors I liked and admired for their looks and appeal and Rita Hayworth, Lana Turner, and of course Marylnn Monroe. What do you say fellas? Ya can name two or three as I did.

DscribeDC
04-04-2007, 03:03 PM
I would say:

female: Grace Kelly, Raquel Welch, Britt Eklund, Monica Belluci, Maria Grazia Cuccinotta

male: Gian Maria Volonte, George Clooney, James Dean, Cary Grant

GorDoom
04-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Female: Briggite Bardot, Sophia Loren. Both so hot their Equatorial ...

Male: Don't give a damn.

GorDoom

DscribeDC
04-04-2007, 04:39 PM
Gor, I think the "don't give a damn" is a cop out. If Rocky and I are comfortable enough to confess admiration for certain male style icons, you can give us your, too. I happen to know at least one of them: Keith Richards...

Dan Gunter
04-04-2007, 05:25 PM
Actresses: Audrey Hepburn, Katharine Hepburn. There are many whom I consider attractive after that, but none of them--no, not even Raquel Welch--quite measure up to the Hepburns for me.

Actors: Gregory Peck, Cary Grant.

JLP 6
04-04-2007, 05:46 PM
Actress:
1 Haile Berry. James Bond (Orange swimsuit)
2 Marilyn Monroe. Some like it hot (Walking down the hotel hallway)
3 Salma Hayak. Desparado (Walking to the library and two cars crash)

GorDoom
04-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Yeah, I like Keith a lot but "attractive" is not an adjective I'd use to describe him - or Dylan for that matter ...

GorDoom

Mike DeLisa
04-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Hell -- I'll cop to it -- Elvis!

As for women -- oh, so many and all so nice -- hell, even Peggy Ann Garner gives me a thrill.

raylawpc
04-05-2007, 12:17 AM
Hmmm . . .

When I look in the mirror the face I'd like to see staring back at me is Gregory Peck (To Kill a Mockingbird).

Actress: Monica Potter and Ashley Judd.

DscribeDC
04-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Gor, are you trying to tell me, you never saw an actor on the silver screen and said "man, I wish I looked like that..."?

Phillyfan
04-05-2007, 11:06 AM
I'll limit myself to current actresses such as rhona mitra, from boston legal and nip/tuck. bobbi sue luther from junkyard wars, she has a great website. And I'll go terri hatcher, best performance was in night court and cool surface.
actors, okay, elvis and john eric hexum, remember he killed himself accidentally with a prop gun. starred with joan collins in cover up.

GorDoom
04-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Dscribe wrote:

"Gor, are you trying to tell me, you never saw an actor on the silver screen and said "man, I wish I looked like that..."?

I can honestly say that I never have. I've always been content just being my own bad self.

GorDoom

Mike DeLisa
04-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Yeah -- GorDoom is content to look just like Rondo Hatton!

rocky111
04-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Hey I loved Rondo Hatton aka "The Creeper". Everybody in downtown Chicago loved him!
This is really interesting. If there is a actor I cant stand its Gregory Peck (my Mom loved him, along with every female in my family). I mean to me he has no charisma at all. Yet again his popularity is a given as so many people love the guy. I'd like to see Frankies and Haps choices here. They have seen alot and know alot.

jim glen
04-05-2007, 03:54 PM
way too many to even think about, but off the top of my head for me;
Barbara Eden, Stella Stevens, Linda Gray, Jessica Lange, Julie Newmar and the other Catwoman (?), Cristal Gayle and on and on and on...

hagler04
04-05-2007, 04:45 PM
Female: young Raquel Welch, Barbara Bach (that ending scene in the Spy Who Loved Me when she's all wet . . .YOWZA), Salma Hayek, Vanity (used to have the biggest crush) more recently I have to say Scarlett Johansson has everything I like in a woman.

Male: younger Harrison Ford, Rutger Hauer, I wouldn't mind being a young Warren Beatty for a week or two

HandToMouth
04-05-2007, 04:47 PM
grace kelly in rear window

ann margret in viva las vegas

natalie wood in the early-mid 1970's

the most bankable type of lead male actor is one who has talent, looks that women are strongly attracted to & character qualities that males hold up as heroic. Further, his looks cant come off as pretty boy, nor get in the way of the valor qualities males tend to hold high. It's one of the reasons why an actor like dicaprio, who imo has a lot of talent, has a problem going to major sustained superstardom. Too many males imo perceive his looks as too angelic & inturn have a harder time buying into the rugged male role.

males actors who imo best fit the above sustained superstar prototype are:

sean connery

clark gable

paul newman

steve mcQueen

al pacino

denzil washington

guys like Wayne, Deniro & Eastwood in their 30's-40's, played very well to males who wanted strong agressive prototypes. They had the looks to attract some women, but only a small %. In comparison to the six above, their personality was too non-sensitive to attract the greater majority of women.

Mike DeLisa
04-06-2007, 01:07 AM
Robert Mitchem in Cape Fear

Lee Marvin in Dirty Dozen

Cagney in Angels with Dirty Faces

Dick Shaun in Mad . . . World!!

Gig Young in "Walking distance" TWZ episode

Tom Tyler in "Adventures of Captain Marvel"

Joseph Cotton as "Uncle Charlie" -- the Hitchock film

blv30
04-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Dorothy Dandrige and John Travolta.

Roberto Aqui
04-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Today's actors/tresses are not very sexy or attractive. There have been way too many great and not great actresses who were hot in my eyes before today's group.

I never aspired much to looking like actors, but growing up I would have killed to look and carry myself like Sean Connery's Bond. People also forget how big, handsome and rugged Rock Hudson was. It was a major, major shock to discover his true nature. I never wanted to look like Bronson, but always admired his personna, the way he carried himself, and I don't ever recall that he ever had much negative press. Archie Moore had nothing but praise for him, but then that could have been just PR for the film Arch appeared with Bronson.

Of all the actors, Steve McQueen best epitomized my looks and proclivities, but I never aspired to really look like him, only to have his abundance of cars, bikes, and women. But of course, that is pure selfishness and I'd like to think I outgrew that, but it always lingers around, especially around women whom I decided that I can never grow out of.

DscribeDC
04-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Another one I forgot: Ursula Andress, amazing in DR. NO, but still pretty do-able in CLASH OF THE TITANS years later...

rocky111
04-09-2007, 11:43 AM
I saw Ursula at a Hollywood party in the early seventies. Not Bad at all. I would'a tried to get next to her, but she was with Ron Ely a guy who played Tarzan and she looked all wrapped up in him. She was alright. Mike cracks me up with james Cagney in Angels with Dirty Faces (the all time favorite movie of guys my age growing up) and Tom Tyler in Captain Marvel which was a great serial. Good genes Mike, and good taste!
By the way the guys who choose Audrey Hephern show very good taste. She was very very very pretty in her day.

DscribeDC
04-09-2007, 01:35 PM
I remember the old Tarzan TV show. Ely was a good consort for Ursula.

mike
04-11-2007, 12:44 PM
man mithum in cape fear was on scary dude. for men--peck--many actress said in person -he was the handsomest man they saw. females---too damn many- welch,ecland, ursala may be tops for me-- bach , a blond alba--but shes not realley blond; just -too many. andress was something. CAGNEY --the all time favrtive actor for explosive energy in endings--such as the unforgettable endings for--angels with d faces and white heat---fantastic.

Punchdrunk
04-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Both a little before my time, but I find as great eye candy...Vivian Leigh and a young Liz Taylor. YUM YUM!
Gary

kikibalt
04-11-2007, 05:33 PM
http://i16.tinypic.com/35hllbo.jpg
Hi Frank can you post this in the "actresses & actors" thread? a bit of a switch from them ugly old pugs.

the delicious Betty Page

thanks, jim.

Dan Gunter
04-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Bettie Page! Completely smoking, yet always kind of cute, too.

If she counts as an actress, then she's in my top-10 list!

PeteLeo
04-13-2007, 12:26 AM
Did you know she did time for attempted murder? Pete "Throwing Cold Water On Another Guy's Dreams" Leo.

TKO11
04-13-2007, 07:38 AM
Betty may have had the bod, but the up-close-and-personal pics of her face left me with only one clear thought.....

Woof.

http://www.grrl.com/bpcover13.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e96/strangersun/Bettie/redbikini.jpg

Roberto Aqui
04-13-2007, 09:01 AM
Betty may have had the bod, but the up-close-and-personal pics of her face left me with only one clear thought.....

Woof.

Thanks for additional pics.

Ms. Page was before my time, but since I specialize in looking at and evaluating all aspects of womanhood, I know it to be true that Ms. Page could crook her finger and have any man in any era dribblin' save Reuban's and she would not require a "physician" assist to do so as modern day stars do.

Dan Gunter
04-13-2007, 10:56 AM
Attempted murder? Heck, these photos alone just about kill me!

DscribeDC
04-13-2007, 11:07 AM
She held her husband and children at knifepoint and ordered them to pray to a picture of Jesus, for which she was found criminally insane and institutionalized.

I guess the hot ones have always been crazy, eh?

kikibalt
04-13-2007, 01:43 PM
http://i12.tinypic.com/312h7ba.jpg

Why don't you come up and see me sometime?....

-Mae West . "He Done Her Wrong"

One the great lines in film history from a script by Harvey F. Thew. Thew's career as a screenwriter began in 1916 and included in addition to the Mae West classic, James Cagney's Public Enemy, John Barrymore's The Man from Blankley's and many more. over his thirty seven year career.

TKO11
04-13-2007, 01:59 PM
I have to admit, when guys are thanking me for posting pics, that when I said she made me think "Woof", that doesn't mean she turns me into a drooling dog. It means I think she looks like one.

Since it's all a matter of personal taste, I am not bothered by anyone that thinks Page was attractive, but it mystifies me how a forum that a short time ago was calling Brittney Spears everything but an ass-faced crack whore can find Betty (whose face to me looks like a partially melted mannequin) so so "hot".

Roberto Aqui
04-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Page's look was the make up style of her day. Look past the make up and hair styles.

Yes, Brittany was a hot little thing until she found the modern day bitches 'n
ho's" lifestyle. I've seen better looking women crap out from lifestyle choices.

Mae was OK looking, but her appeal was her double entendres and saucy blonde personage which translated to "easy lay" for the male audience.

raylawpc
04-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Trivia Question: Aside from each being heavyweight champion, what did Jim Corbett, Max Baer and Joe Louis have in common?

Roberto Aqui
04-13-2007, 05:20 PM
They all loved beautiful women. Corbett's blonde wife is stunning in her "come thee hither with haste" pose.

PeteLeo
04-13-2007, 05:58 PM
Trivia Question: Aside from each being heavyweight champion, what did Jim Corbett, Max Baer and Joe Louis have in common?

Mae W.? PeteLeo.

PeteLeo
04-13-2007, 06:05 PM
She held her husband and children at knifepoint and ordered them to pray to a picture of Jesus, for which she was found criminally insane and institutionalized.

I guess the hot ones have always been crazy, eh?

She actually stabbed another roommate in the late Fifties/early Sixties.

NetFlix offers a DVD of Burlesque(?) routines with Miss Bettie as the "round card girl," and, let me tell you, anyone who thinks she's a "woof" in those scenes must be watching with his eyes closed. I have a short tape in which she paddles another skimpily-dressed "actress," and . . . maybe this isn't the time or place to go into that, though. PeteLeo.

raylawpc
04-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Pete wins the prize. By many accounts, Corbett, Baer and Louis all "had" Mae West at one time or another.

kikibalt
04-13-2007, 06:40 PM
Pete wins the prize. By many accounts, Corbett, Baer and Louis all "had" Mae West at one time or another.

Lucky guys!!

10-8
04-13-2007, 09:36 PM
I have to admit, when guys are thanking me for posting pics, that when I said she made me think "Woof", that doesn't mean she turns me into a drooling dog. It means I think she looks like one.
Other than having her bangs cut by the same guy that used to cut Moe Howard's I'd say Bettie was pretty sexy for her time. Give her a modern day make over, new hairstyle, make-up artist etc and the favourable photos of some of the modern 'godesses' and she would hold up well.

http://thebettiepage.com/images/bettie_page_black.jpg

brutu
04-14-2007, 04:03 PM
Im in my 40's.
Whenever anyone mentions the term sex Symbol,
Raquel Welch always comes to mind.
Some of the first movies I ever seen at a movie theatre
starred her(Fantastic Voyage,One Million Years B.C)
But IMOP,if you want to see her at her height,
check out the DVD ,The Three Musketeers(1974)
.........schwiing.

Phillyfan
04-14-2007, 08:12 PM
I don't know if you can judge page and west by todays standards. Can anyone look at boteccelis (spelling) venus painting and say "what a babe"? I'm not even that big a fan of marilyn monroe. todays surgically perfected women have raised the bar way above mere mortal beauty. Airbrushing can take pounds off and erase the tiniest pimple. That being said, raquel welch has definitly withstood the test of time. raquel, sophia loren, jayne mansfield, and cindy crawford are drop dead gorgeous in any era.

DscribeDC
04-16-2007, 10:52 AM
It's probably a lot more accurate to say that cosmetic surgery has changed society's idea of beauty, not that it's made women more beautiful.

Actually, there are lots of people who still find Boticelli's women beautiful. Remember that Uma Thurman got her start in the movies as Boticelli's Venus.

mike
04-17-2007, 10:41 PM
jean tierney was a facial beauty. dont forget selma hayyek

rocky111
04-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Personally I think girls from the 40's were the most attractive taking in looks, and feminine personality.....Sex with lots of girls today is like guys making it with guys. Lots of girls today have some kind of rough edges. Todays movies have alot of digital improvement made for the looks of the players. The forties look was fresh....Guys? Oh comon now. The guys today just dont compare in presense. Imagine Tom Cruise or Brad sharing the stage with a Clark Gable or a Errol Flynn. I dont see it. Bad era for guys in enertainment IMO.

mike
04-18-2007, 10:40 PM
yeah agree with rocky--eastwood was one cool dude in film. after his time, not much realley.

rocky111
04-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Got to add Errol Flynn and Tyrone Power (my Mom worshiped him) and for the gals Sammantha Eggar and Linda Darnell.............

kikibalt
04-23-2007, 08:50 AM
http://i12.tinypic.com/2akd1c3.jpg

http://i11.tinypic.com/34s0ad2.jpg
Tempest Storm has one of the greatest stage names for any burlesque performer ever, but that isn't all she had. With flaming red hair and a figure that men would kill for, Tempest Storm soon went from chorus girl to strip-tease star. She also became a pin-up sensation with the help of legendary photographer and director Russ Meyer. She was one of the defining women in the golden age of the striptease, creating a lasting myth that every classic bachelor is thankful for. For those of you who weren't around to see her in her prime, you can luckily still find some of her strip-tease movies, most notably Teaserama, which stars her and Bettie Page. These films were meant then to be just stag films, but now are treasured as a glimpse into a world that no longer exists.
If you want to get a real feel for her amazing performances, here's an essay on Tempest's act called "Weather Eye on Tempest Storm."
Storm has retired from performing, but will hit the stage every once in a while (like she did at the 2006 Exotic World Weekend) to show the current generation what the golden age of burlesque was all about.

kikibalt
04-23-2007, 11:36 AM
They don't build them like that anymore.

rocky111
04-23-2007, 01:03 PM
Remember Tempest Storm and yes she was built on the real tip......

kikibalt
04-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Watching "Lady In Cement" With Frank Sinatra & Raquel Welch, and who ever mentioned Raquel Welch here sure knows their business.

10-8
04-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Remember Tempest Storm and yes she was built on the real tip......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdv0k8KPNuA

Here is a pretty good quality colour clip of Tempest with Bettie Page. Hopefully some of our senior posters don't get heart attacks.

kikibalt
04-24-2007, 11:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdv0k8KPNuA

Here is a pretty good quality colour clip of Tempest with Bettie Page. Hopefully some of our senior posters don't get heart attacks.

I'm going to have watch it later, the wife is here next to me right now.

Sharkey
04-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Watching "Lady In Cement" With Frank Sinatra & Raquel Welch, and who ever mentioned Raquel Welch here sure knows their business.

What a totally weird movie.

Maxie's Gal
05-05-2007, 02:15 AM
You guys are a hoot to read ... y'all start out kinda serious, then a bit o' silly, then pure raunchy !! Okay here are some choices from a girlie perspective.

Carole Lombard - Mr. & Mrs. Smith - need you ask, see below
Katherine Hepburn - Bringing Up Baby - bone structah & that cute accent
Elizabeth Taylor - A Place in the Sun - just breathtaking
Vivien Leigh - Gone With the Wind - stunning and a heckuvan actress

Okay now the good stuff:
Laurence Olivier - Wuthering Heights - yum, see below
Marlon Brando - A Streetcar Named Desire - ohhhh myyyyy
Clark Gable - Mutiny on the Bounty - such a manly man
Gene Kelly - For Me and My Gal - the most amazing dimples & butt cheeks

Carole Lombard
http://i17.tinypic.com/63ubtrc.jpg

Laurence Olivier
http://i11.tinypic.com/5y0r3bl.jpg

Cat
www.maxbaer.org

Maxie's Gal
05-05-2007, 02:18 AM
They don't build them like that anymore.

Yeesh, no kiddin' even I wouldn't throw her out of bed for cracker crumbs !!

Cat
www.maxbaer.org

Maxie's Gal
05-05-2007, 02:28 AM
Personally I think girls from the 40's were the most attractive taking in looks, and feminine personality.....Sex with lots of girls today is like guys making it with guys. Lots of girls today have some kind of rough edges. Todays movies have alot of digital improvement made for the looks of the players. The forties look was fresh....Guys? Oh comon now. The guys today just dont compare in presense. Imagine Tom Cruise or Brad sharing the stage with a Clark Gable or a Errol Flynn. I dont see it. Bad era for guys in enertainment IMO.

I like the look of the ladies of the 40s the best too. Their hair was usually long and wavy, their clothes were figure flattering and kinda swirly and I think having to fend for themselves during the war gave them an assurance and independance that made them attractive. I think one of the reasons the actors of today don't do it for me is cuz they're just manufactured packages. I can't imagine a Brad or a Tom out hunting, fishing, drinking, gambling, sailing, and going to horse races and boxing matches. The actors of yesterday engaged in manly activities because they embraced life. Today's actors consider going to the Hard Rock Cafe embracing life.

Cat
www.maxbaer.org

langford
05-06-2007, 05:51 PM
aboxe--true enough.

kikibalt
05-07-2007, 05:56 PM
http://i14.tinypic.com/4osi54y.jpg

Lili St Cyr Carmenesque Burlesque Theatre Marquee