PDA

View Full Version : Lupe Pintor v Alberto Davila

Doc McCoy
08-15-2007, 03:20 AM
Does anyone here know if their first fight exists on tape or not. It was at The Forum in '76 I think so there's a good chance it's out there.

I'm also after a very good (and complete) copy of their second (great) fight as well. ABC did it but mine's missing Round 13 :( . . . . unlucky for me I guess.

Thanks for any help.

Doc McCoy
08-15-2007, 04:05 AM
Or if anyone was there for the first fight I'd love to hear how it went down.

I read that Pintor felt he was lazy in his training for that fight and after losing the decision he decided to quit his bad habits and concentrate all his efforts on winning the title.

Doc McCoy
03-25-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm still searching for a copy of the first fight as well as an upgrade for Pintor v Davila II.

Also searching for the following Lupe Pintor bouts :

1978-02-25 Gerald Hayes
1978-04-22 Leonardo Cruz
1978-06-30 Jose Luis Soto
1978-07-22 Richard Rozelle
1985-01-17 Adriano Arreola

lmk if anyone has these or can confirm their existence.

bfg
03-25-2008, 07:51 PM
I have a PAL version of the Cruz fight and a PAL version of the second Davila fight that may have the missing round. I'll check the quality and see if it has the missing round...

hello
03-25-2008, 11:21 PM
Doc McCoy:

I have Pintor-Davila 2 complete. Maybe a 6/10, not too bad. Thing about the copy I have is there's a bend at the top of the picture during some parts of the fight, especially in the later rounds. 13th round plays perfectly though. I don't know what caused that, but I'm sure a better copy is out there. If you have no luck, pm me and I'll trade you for it.

david3723
03-25-2008, 11:34 PM
I saw these two fights on somebody's list:

Arreola, Adrian
Cruz, Leo

Drop me a PM and I will pass you his email.

gregbeyer
03-26-2008, 12:28 AM
doc,

i was at the forum the night of the first fight between pintor and davila. i seriously doubt it is available on film.

that card included danny lopez - sean o'grady and bobby chacon-david sotelo. there have been reports that o'gradys mom filmed his fight with danny from ringside and that danny has requested a copy from sean but that sean would not allow it. why that is i am not sure unless sean is still having trouble dealing with his first loss. i never heard anything to make me believe she filmed the davila-pintor fight or chacon-sotelo.

as for the fight itself albert simply out hustled lupe as he did so many others. lupes biggest moments were still ahead of him at that point so the outcome came as i expected it would that night. lupe did seem to become a stronger more determined fighter after that so that night may have benfitted him on to the championship he later gained, i do however still feel he got a gift over carlos zarate.

greg

Doc McCoy
03-26-2008, 06:25 AM
gregbeyer : thanks for that info on the fight. I did read that Lupe was annoyed with himself and his training habits before the first Davila bout and vowed to change his ways after that night. I also agree with you on the Zarate "gift" as well.

What a great card that night. I've heard the Lopez-O'Grady stories as well as far as the footage of their bout goes.

hello: I've procured a full copy of the fight since my first posting but I too would only rate my copy a 6/10.

bfg & david3723 : definitely interested in that Cruz fight as he gave Wilfredo Gomez a good battle only a few months afterwards and I'm assuming was probably too big for Pintor at the time.

thanks for the feedback guys.