PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Assassin

iskigoe
08-31-2007, 04:41 PM
In Nat Fleischer Book about Stanley Ketchel there is a chapter called " A great scribe who know him". Can someone who has the book or has read it tell me about this chapter, and is Hype Igoe mentioned any where in the book?

Thanks
Iskigoe

cmoyle
08-31-2007, 11:19 PM
Yes, that chapter starts out as follows: "Years ago, following the death of Ketchel, I asked his pal and one time manager, Hype Igoe, New York boxing writer to write a human interest story for my publication, The Ring Magazine. here is the pen picture of Stanley Ketchel as seen through the eyes of this journalist:"

Send me your address and I'll copy the chapter and mail to you.
Clay

iskigoe
09-01-2007, 09:31 AM
Thanks Clay,

Do you have a copy of the book for sale. I would love to have on for my collection. It's strange that this book came out just after Hype's death. I don't think Nat could have put this book out before with Hype being the expert on Ketchel. I have shown a great deal of evidence showing Hype as Stanley's manager. I wonder how I get his name added to Ketchel's record.

cmoyle
09-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks Clay,

Do you have a copy of the book for sale. I would love to have on for my collection. It's strange that this book came out just after Hype's death. I don't think Nat could have put this book out before with Hype being the expert on Ketchel. I have shown a great deal of evidence showing Hype as Stanley's manager. I wonder how I get his name added to Ketchel's record.

I don't have a copy available for sale right now, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I do again at some point. In the meantime if you want a copy of that chapter just email me at cmoyle@aol.com with your mailing address.

iskigoe
09-02-2007, 12:00 PM
I would love to read the chapter. But I will wait till I own the book. That way i can justifie the price. Thanks for the kind offer. I there are any other bookd you can think of please give me a heads up.

KI

hawk5ins
09-04-2007, 04:40 PM
I opened this thread thinking I would read something about Appalachian State. Michigan.....Assassin?

Nothing in sports in recent years has made me laugh harder.

Hawk

iskigoe
09-04-2007, 05:36 PM
All I can say to that is "LOL"