PDA

View Full Version : Paul McCartney Divorce Settlement

10-8
03-23-2008, 09:01 AM
LONDON - A judge's ruling in the bitter Paul McCartney-Heather Mills divorce case shed new light Tuesday on a miserable marriage, saying Mills twisted the truth when convenient and made "exorbitant" financial demands.

"To some extent she is her own worst enemy," wrote Judge Hugh Bennett. "She has an explosive and volatile character."

Mills, who lost part of her leg when she was hit by a motorcycle, cast McCartney as an abusive, alcoholic husband who cruelly made fun of her disability. But the judge made clear the angry assertions rang hollow.

In a devastating indictment, Bennett called Mills's testimony "not just inconsistent and inaccurate, but also less than candid. Overall she was a less than impressive witness."

By contrast, the judge praised McCartney, 65, for "consistent, accurate and honest" testimony in the ruling, made public after he rejected Mills's attempt to block its release.

Read the Rest (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=88384309)

walshb
03-23-2008, 11:56 AM
I find it extraordinary how Mills is constantly bashed and criticised. Fair enough, she's a bit of a witch, but the real fool and desperate case here is Macca. I can understand any man having a few lustful nights with a woman, but to actually go and marry her is quite astounding. It just goes to show the arrogance and audacity of Macca, to actually believe that Mucca loved him for him, and not his millions:rolleyes: And with all his money, could he not have found something a little decent. She's a weapon........But he's the sad case in all this and Mucca IMO deserved every penny she got, having to wake up every morning to the sight of a wrinkly old Macca......

KOJOE90
03-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Maybe Macca was still on the rebound and still grieving over the death of his first wife when he met Mills?

Macca would not be the first guy to make a mistake when it came to womankind.

walshb
03-23-2008, 12:29 PM
Maybe Macca was still on the rebound and still grieving over the death of his first wife when he met Mills?

Macca would not be the first guy to make a mistake when it came to womankind.

Well he did marry the woman....

And we all know the revelations about her. She's had more mick**s than hot dinners....

But Macca just wouldn't hear of it....

It was his arrogance, not his grieving, that did him in.....

jim glen
03-23-2008, 12:54 PM
I believe in 'justice', we all taste it's sweet revenge at different times in our lives, whether we be rich man or poor, known or unknown, simply because we deserve it for various misdemeanors throughout ones life...

Paul McCartney is probably the least liked of the Beatles quite simply because he 'became' a smug, arrogant bastard...he's just getting a little karma back.

But Heather Mills is clearly full-of-_hit and the Judge knew it and his ruling favoured Sir Paul, likewise in justice Mills' plan was squashed. I feel sorry for McCartney for the same reasons Walshb has stated and I sympathise 'not' with Heather Mills.

I only wonder when the world will ever change around for the rest of us poor unfortunate slobs and for the people that really need justised served in their favour!

TDKO
03-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Even the superrich are not above making superpoor choices, because we are all human, and will second guess and enjoy disecting the lives of others, deflecting the tedium of our own....

Thus reality TV

walshb
03-23-2008, 01:34 PM
One thing that annoyed me about the trial was Mucca throwing a glass of water over Macca's lawyer. Had this been anyone else, they would have been physically removed from the court and jailed. She does it and nobody bats an eye and not much was even said about it....

Lady Mucca was stepping over men worth millions to get her
hands on Macca. Millions wasn't enough for her, she wanted the
hundreds of millions, and there was Macca, the gullible sod with
an ego the size of his wallet, and he fell for it, hook, line and sinker....

A fool and his money are easily parted....

TKO11
03-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Astounding. Walsh - you can't understand why Mills gets bashed? How about she's a gold-digging, lying-through-her-teeth whore? How about she claimed she "needed" 250 million fucking dollars (and $12 million a year) from a guy she'd been married to for 1000 days? How about how she got up on the stand and perjured herself the entire length of her testimony? How about she claimed his persona fortune was DOUBLE what it actually is so the judge would beleive McCartney could afford to throw more money her way?

Yes.... damned old McCartney, foolishly believing she actually loved him. I guess he certainly deserves to lose half the fortune it took him 45 years to accumlate because of THAT mistake.

McCartney has been a "romantic" all his life. 75% of his music reflects this. When he felt love, and his partner claimed to feel love he believed it actually was love. Naive? Probably. But natural for a guy who's never had the dagger planted in his back until this self-serving bitch, and for a guy who's first wife, who had been faithful and caretaking to him their entire marriage.

Basically the judge gave her what McCartney was offering all along. And in his decision wrote how she clearly lied on the stand and was clearly delusional and greedy, whereas he wrote McCartney was totally consistent.

At least Johanna Carson stayed with Johnny for 11 years before trying to steal the shirt off his back....

walshb
03-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Astounding. Walsh - you can't understand why Mills gets bashed? How about she's a gold-digging, lying-through-her-teeth whore? How about she claimed she "needed" 250 million fucking dollars (and $12 million a year) from a guy she'd been married to for 1000 days? How about how she got up on the stand and perjured herself the entire length of her testimony? How about she claimed his persona fortune was DOUBLE what it actually is so the judge would beleive McCartney could afford to throw more money her way?

Yes.... damned old McCartney, foolishly believing she actually loved him. I guess he certainly deserves to lose half the fortune it took him 45 years to accumlate because of THAT mistake.

McCartney has been a "romantic" all his life. 75% of his music reflects this. When he felt love, and his partner claimed to feel love he believed it actually was love. Naive? Probably. But natural for a guy who's never had the dagger planted in his back until this self-serving bitch, and for a guy who's first wife, who had been faithful and caretaking to him their entire marriage.

Basically the judge gave her what McCartney was offering all along. And in his decision wrote how she clearly lied on the stand and was clearly delusional and greedy, whereas he wrote McCartney was totally consistent.

At least Johanna Carson stayed with Johnny for 11 years before trying to steal the shirt off his back....

Steady on horse...

I never said she wasn't all that. She is, and more......
I just think that any woman who has to wake up
each morning to the sight of Macca, deserves
some compeNsation....Millions? I don't know, but
definitely some....

He is nothing but an arrogant gullible sod and IMO, his
arrogance and ego got him into this and I have
little sympathy for him. He only lost a small % anyway.

I guess you could say he got away lightly.
I listened to her on the steps of the courthouse.
By god she can talk....
A horrible woman, but extremely shrewd and articulate

DscribeDC
03-24-2008, 09:02 AM
Shrewd? I think that, under the circumstances, only a very dizzy slapper would have acted as her own counsel. She bragged about how much she saved in legal fees, but no doubt sage counsel would have more than paid for itself by netting her more than the relatively modest $50 million settlement.

walshb
03-24-2008, 11:21 AM
Well, IMO, any woman with one leg and a past like hers, who manages to marry a man,
worth over a Billion dollars, has to be shrewd. It's either that, or Macca is just a complete tosser and moron!!!

DscribeDC
03-24-2008, 12:17 PM
I suspect Macca is just a vulnerable fool for love, like many another aged widower with some dosh in the bank.

TKO11
03-24-2008, 01:11 PM
I just can't believe some of the stuff you post Walsh. Consider this man - at 21 years old had the world at his feet. Thousands of screaming frantic women throwing themselves at him any time he was out in public. He was just a KID. Then at about age 28 finally falls far enough for someone to marry her, and for the next 30 years she devotes herself entirely to him and to their family. Meanwhile, every chick in the world is STILL throwing themselves at him.

Then, as his popularity wanes and he is settling into middle age, his wife dies. Here's a man who has had it ALL his entire life, and suddenly, with the kids grown and gone, his wife dead, nothing but his millions.... life probably seemed pretty damned lonely. Now that he wasn't the biggest star in the world any more (nor a young man) he is not in the same position he was when he was last single (in 1969). She was able to (and it may even have been true at the time) convince him that she loved him and that they would be together forever. For a man in McCartney's shoes, that would have seemed a blessed relief from the less-than-fulfilling life I am sure he'd been leading since Linda's death.

Should he have gone into it with a bit more sense, most especially a pre-nup? Sure. But to say he's nothing but a ego-driven moron (which is exactly what you have said) for marrying her shows that you have a fundamental lack of understanding of the motivations possible within others. I do not sympathize with McCartney, but I do empathize with him. He made a mistake and he has now paid dearly for it.

The thing I think is worst about this whole situation is that Paul, a man who has had it all, will now almost certainly spend his autumnal years alone and personally unhappy or lonesome because this bitch would have bled any trust he might still have had out of him. Fuck her. I wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire.

Michael Frank
03-24-2008, 01:18 PM

I agree with every word, TKO.

I also don't know why some think Mills deserves many millions of dollars simply because Paul was old and wrinkled and she is young. Everybody becomes old one day, and also, are we then supposed to not believe younger women who marry older men when they claim they love them? Are we to assume they're all whores, and if they marry older, it's always for money? And that the old man deserves what he gets?

Personally, when percentages are used in divorce proceedings, as they are in the US, such as 50% of the marital assets to each partner, I for one believe in a cap or limit being applied by law to the very poor one who may marry a very rich one. For example, "plaintiff to receive 50% of marital assets up to $5 million." Just because a spouse has $500 million doesn't mean someone who marries him (or a wealthy "her") for a couple of years should get $250 million, or even half of what the wealthy one earned since the vows were taken.

Moreover, if the one who files for divorce is also the one to RECEIVE alimony or a settlement, I think the filer should not be entitled to a large, high-dollar "settlement" or court award without a minimum of time invested in the marriage, like 4-5 years or so. If the PAYOR files for a quick divorce, then he should have to pay up, but not if the eventual receiver of money files quickly. That encourages this Heather Mills-type of behavior.

Not that the trial lawyers would ever allow such suggestions to be made into law.

Further, someone who marries for ONE minute is, in many US states, entitled to 1/3 or 1/2 of AN ENTIRE ESTATE upon the death of the other, which I feel is criminal.

My two cents.

walshb
03-24-2008, 01:22 PM
I just can't believe some of the stuff you post Walsh. Consider this man - at 21 years old had the world at his feet. Thousands of screaming frantic women throwing themselves at him any time he was out in public. He was just a KID. Then at about age 28 finally falls far enough for someone to marry her, and for the next 30 years she devotes herself entirely to him and to their family. Meanwhile, every chick in the world is STILL throwing themselves at him.

Then, as his popularity wanes and he is settling into middle age, his wife dies. Here's a man who has had it ALL his entire life, and suddenly, with the kids grown and gone, his wife dead, nothing but his millions.... life probably seemed pretty damned lonely. Now that he wasn't the biggest star in the world any more (nor a young man) he is not in the same position he was when he was last single (in 1969). She was able to (and it may even have been true at the time) convince him that she loved him and that they would be together forever. For a man in McCartney's shoes, that would have seemed a blessed relief from the less-than-fulfilling life I am sure he'd been leading since Linda's death.

Should he have gone into it with a bit more sense, most especially a pre-nup? Sure. But to say he's nothing but a ego-driven moron (which is exactly what you have said) for marrying her shows that you have a fundamental lack of understanding of the motivations possible within others. I do not sympathize with McCartney, but I do empathize with him. He made a mistake and he has now paid dearly for it.

The thing I think is worst about this whole situation is that Paul, a man who has had it all, will now almost certainly spend his autumnal years alone and personally unhappy or lonesome because this bitch would have bled any trust he might still have had out of him. Fuck her. I wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire.
TKO, we simply have differing views on Macca....

I view him as an old man who was duped by a scheming little slag....

And she was a slag..

Macca's own children had warned him. The man is an out and out fool...

That's where we differ here. I think he was a gullible sod and an ass to actually
believe that a woman in her early 30's was interested in him, purely for him and not
his status.....

The whole world could see it from the start and the British press saw it straight
away, but Macca's arrogance and audacity and ego blinded him to it all....

Like I said previously, I could understand him maybe having a fling, but to actually marry this trollop is simply ridiculous and I can't feel too much sympathy in any way for him...

For chrissake, she's a one legged woman.....

And according to her, he even slagged her about this....

So why marry her....

So how my POST's astound you, I don't know....

In this case, I believe many many people see it my way...

His own children did.......

And I agree 100%, Mucca is a horrible person.....

But Macca is an old, silly and gullible man.....

TKO11
03-24-2008, 01:46 PM
So many, many people think he is an out and out fool, a desperate case, audacious, arrogant, a "gullible sod", an egomaniac, a "complete tosser", a moron.

Must be nice to live in Cynicism World. In reality, McCartney is a lonely old guy, still trying to cope with the loss of his wife, who was naive in his search to find fulfillment. Someone who made a mistake. For those of us who are human, this occasionally happens. For someone like yourself who appears to enjoy putting down people of stature, people who have had nearly immeasurable success.... putting them down for a simple and totally understandable mistake, given the circumstances.... I can't even describe how disgusting and holier than thou it is to me.

DscribeDC
03-24-2008, 02:50 PM
I guess it's true. Money really can't buy me love...

I am a firm believer in a pre-nup. I don't think it has to be presented as "defense against a golddigger." A pre-nup could be written to see that a spouse is very well taken care of. I give Macca the benefit of the doubt, but it is hard to imagine that he didn't take his advisers' advice -- given the size of his holdings and the stuff that was floating around about Mills in the tabs -- to at least sit down with a domestic lawyer and talk conceptually about a pre-nup. There's just too much at stake...I assume Macca has lots of charitable commitments, kids to provide for, etc. Sixty-something is too old to be a dewy-eyed innocent; at some point, you have to acquire a head for practicalities, or at least the sense to listen to the people looking out for you.

walshb
03-24-2008, 03:12 PM
So many, many people think he is an out and out fool, a desperate case, audacious, arrogant, a "gullible sod", an egomaniac, a "complete tosser", a moron.

Must be nice to live in Cynicism World. In reality, McCartney is a lonely old guy, still trying to cope with the loss of his wife, who was naive in his search to find fulfillment. Someone who made a mistake. For those of us who are human, this occasionally happens. For someone like yourself who appears to enjoy putting down people of stature, people who have had nearly immeasurable success.... putting them down for a simple and totally understandable mistake, given the circumstances.... I can't even describe how disgusting and holier than thou it is to me.

No, he made a grave mistake, despite all the warning etc etc etc...

It was his arrogance and ego, not his naivety and ignorance, that
got him involved with her....

I certainly wouldn't wish Macca any unhappiness.

Lady Mucca's past was extensively discussed in the British media, albeit after
she had wed Macca. But surely a man of his power and wealth could have unearthed a tale or two about her before he said 'I do'....

Look, I'm sure he can wallow harmoniously in his Billion dollar fortune, like I said, he got
off lightly.....

You believe he's simply a lonely old guy trying to cope with the loss of
his wife. I don't, although I do believe that Linda and Paul were great and I do
believe he misses her, that's only natural......

Lonely, sad, missing etc etc doesn't equate to marrying a one legged
witch who married him for simply money

Massive ego, audacity and gullibility are the reasons Macca
married Mucca....And money money money are the reasons
Mucca married Macca....

So TKO, you believe your versions of why Macca married Mucca, and
I believe mine. I'm quite sure we'd get supporters on both sides here....