PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Sandy Allen

PeteLeo
08-13-2008, 06:55 PM
Sandy Allen has died at age 53. And who was Sandy Allen, you ask?

Well, at 7'7" in height, she was the world's tallest woman. It was a difficult life for her, but one that she met with humor and dignity.

PeteLeo.

TDKO
08-13-2008, 08:07 PM
I remember Sandy from her frequent appearances on "The Howard Stern Show".
She was always pleasant, smiling and engaging.

10-8
08-14-2008, 06:10 AM
She was only 53? I have a picture of me and Sandy taken back in 1987 which would make her 32 then. I thought she was way older than that. She had difficulty standing and I seem to recall she had a cane as well. I thought she must have passed away already.

In any event she was a huge woman. She couldn't have had an easy life being that big.

RIP

PeteLeo
08-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Like most pituitary giants, Sandy had tremendous problems with her extremities, especially her legs. She had been confined to a wheelchair for years, and this had impacted her public appearances (from which she derived much of her income). As tough as it may be to believe, many people who attended those later appearances would gripe about the fact that the "giant" was wheelchair-bound. I guess for some of us, the rest of the world really IS here solely for our entertainment.

I'm somewhere round 6'3", and to imagine that this lady had nearly a foot and a half on me is just mind-boggling. PeteLeo.