PDA

View Full Version : Casamayor-Marquez Card Results & Discussion 9/13/ '08

GorDoom
09-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Zev is going to cover this PPV for us tonight. I'm thankful because while it is a intriguing fight, there's no way I'm shelling out 49 clams for this one. & I'm sure a lot of other folks feel the same way.

& that doesn't mean we are not interested ... So thanks Zev, Mucho Apreciado.

Per usual, please keep all discussion of this card to this thread. Redundant threads will be deleted.

thanks,

GorDoom

Surf-Bat
09-13-2008, 01:28 PM
Zev is going to cover this PPV for us tonight. I'm thankful because while it is a intriguing fight, there's no way I'm shelling out 49 clams for this one. & I'm sure a lot of other folks feel the same way.

GorDoom

AMEN, Gor! Once again, boxing's shameless promoters try to rip off the public by placing non-superstars on PPV.

Don't shell out the money and the BS will stop. But it takes a concerted effort.

But I still wanna know the results, too....:)

Crold1
09-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Sorry, but who cares if this is on PPV? Would it be preferable that it's free and we get some other show pushed off TV considering how dull this looks? This is great...let the market decide on a card like this and let shows like Mijares-Darch be free to all. There's only so much budget after all.

GorDoom
09-13-2008, 03:48 PM
For those of us not buying this card there is another fight on tonight. You can follow this card on the board & at roughly the same time Nate Campbell will be fighting Guzman on Showtime.

Could be a pretty interesting fight though the last i heard Guzman didn't make weight so it's not a title fight.

GorDoom

diggity
09-13-2008, 08:15 PM
For the price I'm much more interested in Guzman/Campbell - Bradley/Cherry. Ridiculous that Guzman didn't make weight. Real let down.

Mexal
09-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Well, according to fightnews.com, Campbell-Guzman is officially off. Bummer, this would've been a good one. Guzman will be under the microscope for days to come.

Zevl
09-13-2008, 10:38 PM
First up is Sergio Mora vs. Vernon Forrest...

Vic Drakulich is the referee...

Round One
Forrest starts by jabbing. Forrest lands a left hook. Mora triple jabs and lands a left to the body. Hardly any acion this round, sort of what I expected. If anything, Mora won the round, barely.

Round Two
They trade jabs and Forrest lands an overhand right. Forrest chasing Mora most of this round. Forrest is throwing more punches this round and his jab is landing with frequency. Another boring round, this one goes to Forrest.

Round Three
Almost immediately they clash heads and Forrest seems affected by it, reeling around the ring. Forrest landing body shots consistently in this round. Forrest is jabbing and setting everything up behind it. Forrest lands a nice left hook, Mora not doing much of anything. Forrest's round.

Round Four
They trade jabs to begin the round. They're trading more in this round, both men going to the body. Forrest lands a nice uppercut. Forrest gets Mora on the ropes and pounds away, landing a couple of nice right hands. Forrest is dominating the exchanges. Another round for Forrest.

diggity
09-13-2008, 10:46 PM
fuckin guzman, now im forced into buying this piece of shit. im looking forward to casamayor & JMM but it has potential to be as unnoticed as a fart in the woods

diggity
09-13-2008, 10:59 PM
Same score as Zev & equally as bored. Better than their first fight though...

Zevl
09-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Round Five
Forrest lands a couple of body shots in close. Mora snaps Forrest's head back with a jab. Forrest gets a warning for holding and hitting. Mora's left eye is cut. Forrest lands a nice right hand forcing Mora back to the ropes. Another overhand right lands for Forrest. Forrest lands a right, a left and finishing with another right. Forrest's round easily.

Round Six
They trade jabs to begin and both land right crosses. Forrest gets Mora on the ropes and pounds the body. Two big overhand rights force Mora back. Forrest lands a left and a right. Big right cross lands followed by a left hook. Dominating round for Forrest.

diggity
09-13-2008, 11:04 PM
A young Forrest would have put Mora to sleep.

Zevl
09-13-2008, 11:12 PM
Round Seven
Two jabs followed by a right hand back Mora to the ropes once again. Mora lands a right in mid-ring. Mora lands a couple of nice jabs. Left hook connects for Forrest. Forrest uses a couple of jabs and a right hand to back Mora to the ropes again. Forrest floors Mora with a left hook as the round ends, Mora's knee touched the canvas it seems. Forrest's round by two points.

Round Eight
ora doesn't seem hurt. Yet another overhand right connects for Forrest. Forrest has Mora on the ropes and is landing left hooks. Left hook and a right to the body land on Mora. This isn't competitive. Forrest digs a beautiful left hook to the body. Forrest's round.

diggity
09-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Forrest has always had a great uppercut too. He's a thorough fighter when he's on.

Zevl
09-13-2008, 11:21 PM
Round Nine
Mora lands an overhand right to start the round. Forrest jabbing and dictating the pace. A jab snaps Forrest's head back. Mora lands a beautiful right hand over the top, followed by a combination, easily his best work of the fight. A right hand by Forrest backs Mora to the ropes. Forrest lands another right hand and Mora seems hurt as he weathers a storm to end the round. Best round of a dull fight. Forrest's round.

Round Ten
Overhand right just misses for Mora as the bell sounds to start the round. Forrest jabbing and is landing it with ease. Forrest catches Mora with a left hook coming in. Right cross lands for Mora. Body shot lands for Forrest. Closer round but still Forrest's.

diggity
09-13-2008, 11:25 PM
what to do the networks have against hidef PPVS?! I'm paying $45 & watching this shitty resolution?! WTF?

Zevl
09-13-2008, 11:28 PM
Round Eleven
Good action this round, both are battling in close. Right hand lands for Forrest. Mora lands a right hand but Forrest counters with a looping left hook. Mora has impressed by simply not getting stopped, completely outgunned in this fight. Forrest's round.

Round Twelve
They trade jabs in the center of the ring. Mora lands a couple of nice body shots off the ropes. Forrest staggers Mora with a right hand and follows it with a left hook. They trade left hooks with ten seconds left. Easy fight for Forrest. He wins the round and the fight easily.

diggity
09-13-2008, 11:34 PM
This is what their first fight should have looked like in all honesty.

Zevl
09-13-2008, 11:34 PM
The Decision: Forrest by unanimous decision.

What's with this crappy waiting for 360 seconds between posts? Makes this job alot harder. Also, every other round you'll be waiting twice as long to see the results. This is ridiculous, 6 minutes!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Why did this change?

diggity
09-13-2008, 11:36 PM
I dont know but I'll change it right now, at least temporarily...until I find out why that was done...

Zevl
09-13-2008, 11:48 PM
Thanks Dig!

Zevl
09-13-2008, 11:52 PM
Casamayor vs. Marquez is about to start...

Tony Weeks is the referee.

Aren't fighters required to shave their beards? Casamayor has a full one.

Round One
They exchange right away and Marquez backs Casamayor up with a right. Straight left lands for Casamayor. Marquez lands a right and Casamayor counters with a left hand. Casamayor lands a nice combination. Again, Casamayor counters a right hand with a left hook. Casamayor lands a left hand. Close round but the edge goes to Casamayor.

diggity
09-13-2008, 11:58 PM
Nice tactical fight so far. Both guys playing into each other's strengths. Good to see 2 guys like that square off...I think I gave Casa R1. Just faster, more aggressive.

Zevl
09-14-2008, 12:02 AM
Round Two
Left lands for Casamayor to begin the round. Marquez connects to the body. They both land left hooks. Marquez lands to the body again. Short left hook connects for Marquez. Very tactical fight so far. Another close round, this one goes to Marquez.

Round Three
Marquez just misses with a screaming left hook. Casamayor lands a left hook. Marquez lands a combination which backs Casamayor up. Slow round, both men are having difficulty landing. Even round.

Round Four
Four punch combination by Marquez but only one punch lands. A right cross followed by a left hook land for Marquez. Casamayor lands two left hooks. Beautiful straight left connects for Casamayor. Another straight left lands for Casa and Marquez follows with a right hand. Another very close round, slightest edge to Casamayor.

Round Five
Casamayor has a cut over his right eye. Left lands for Casamayor right off the bat. They both land simultaneous left hooks. Marquez lands a hard right cross. Casamayor digs a left hook to the body. Marquez throws a nice combination and he lands a nice right hand with ten seconds left. Marquez's round.

Round Six
Marquez lands a combination to begin the round. They clash heads, no one affected. Straight right lands for Marquez. Marquez lands a nice combination. Left hook by Casamayor connects. Marquez's round.

Round Seven
Casamayor lands a left to the body. Casamayor gets warned for a low blow. Straight right connects for Marquez. Casamayor lands another left hook. A left hook to the body followed by a left hook to the head land for Marquez, who is starting to dominate. Marquez's round.

Round Eight
Straight right pushes Casamayor back. Left to the body by Marquez is followed by a left hook by Casamayor. Two straight lefts snap Marquez's head back. They are trading more this round and I'm giving a very slight edge to Casamayor.

Round Nine
Right cross lands for Marquez to begin the round. Left hook connects for Casamayor. Nice left stops Marquez in his tracks. They trade left hooks. Straight right catches Marquez coming in. Nice combination to end the round for Casamayor who wins the round.

Zevl
09-14-2008, 12:34 AM
Sorry guys, the crummy weather we're getting here is causing my satellite to crap out. I've probably missed the tenth round. Dig, can you give a recap?

Zevl
09-14-2008, 12:38 AM
Round Eleven

Casamayor doing good work. Left lands for Casamayor. Casamayor is jabbing quite a bit and lands yet another left hand. They trade and Casamayor gets caught with a right cross to the point of the chin and goes down. Marquez swarms and land a straight right which sends Casamayor down again. Ref stops the fight. A good, tactical fight.

diggity
09-14-2008, 12:38 AM
Sorry, just saw that post.
Wow
Casa is KOd by JMM in the 11th.
KDd twice.
Very impressive.

hagler04
09-14-2008, 12:43 AM
GREAT result for JMM, who has long been probably my favorite active fighter. I could care less for Oscar-Pac, I want to see the 3rd go-around at 135.

Zevl
09-14-2008, 12:44 AM
GREAT result for JMM, who has long been probably my favorite active fighter. I could care less for Oscar-Pac, I want to see the 3rd go-around at 135.

Agreed!

evander
09-14-2008, 12:55 AM
Marquez rose to the occasion and closed the show.

prodigious1
09-15-2008, 02:10 PM
IMO We saw the 2 best fighters in the world when Pac and JMM fought.