PDA

View Full Version : Jock Malone

oldschoolhistorian
04-26-2009, 03:33 PM
Does anyone know where Jock Malone was buried? I know he died in the early 1960's out near Brooklyn. I also know he had a son, but don't know his name. An obit would be great. Can any of you New Yorkers out there help with this?

Surf-Bat
04-27-2009, 01:56 PM
You might want to get ahold of Jake Wegener. He's an expert on Minnesota fighters(Malone was part of the early St. Paul diaspora) and would know what happened to Joltin' Jock.

oldschoolhistorian
04-30-2009, 09:00 AM
I am Jake Wegner. I know a lot about Malone's life and career, but am now just trying to track down any family. Thanks for the compliment though :)

Surf-Bat
04-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Whoops! Hi Jake:o

I tracked down Ever Hammer's family by getting a death certificate, which has next of kin printed on it. From then on it was a piece of cake. Do you have a death cert on Jock?

Gallicrow
04-30-2009, 06:03 PM
I think there's an obit here (2nd match):
http://tinyurl.com/jockmalone
But you have to sign up with ancestry.com to read it.

dongee
05-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Jock was managed at one time by my old pal Mike McNulty, who also had the bantam champion Johnny Ertle. Mike used to tell us stories about his fighters and one that stuck with me was of Jock Malone appearing before a judge for some reason and when the judge asked him what he did for a living Jock pointed to his ears and said "Judge, I didn't get these shooting pool."

hap navarro

dongee
05-01-2009, 11:14 PM
Jake:

I just sent you a PM but I don't trust my expensive computer that much, so please let me know if you received it. If you did not, I will phone you early tomorrow

hap navarro

slakka
03-20-2010, 11:00 PM
I got articles on my man Panama Joe Gans where he sez
"Jocks the only 147lb white man who'll fight me"

slakka
03-20-2010, 11:08 PM
ny times obit sez survived by a sister and a mother, thats it!