PDA

View Full Version : The list

kikibalt
07-12-2009, 02:14 PM
The list is growing and growing, will 2009 be the year of the dead in boxing?

greek1237
07-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Nope, Boxing will be here a while after 2009.

kikibalt
07-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Nope, Boxing will be here a while after 2009.
What I meant was, is this the year for more and big name boxers dying.

greek1237
07-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Evey one dies, I pretty sure in the 1980's when Louis, Walker, Robinson, Dempsey, Armstrong and others pass, they thought it was the end of boxing perhaps in regards to big names.

I think it relly shows that M Jackson gets a ten count and RING legends like Gatti and Alexis does not get a ten count. That should show how far the sport has fallen imo. That Jackson, some one not conntned ANYWAY to boxing gets that ten count, and these 2 legends along with Bivins doesnt get the count.

kikibalt
07-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Evey one dies, I pretty sure in the 1980's when Louis, Walker, Robinson, Dempsey, Armstrong and others pass, they thought it was the end of boxing perhaps in regards to big names.

I think it relly shows that M Jackson gets a ten count and RING legends like Gatti and Alexis does not get a ten count. That should show how far the sport has fallen imo. That Jackson, some one not conntned ANYWAY to boxing gets that ten count, and these 2 legends along with Bivins doesnt get the count.
Yes, but Louis, walker, Robinson, Dempsey Armstrong, didn't all die in the same year. this year we're losing big name fighters like no other year that I can remember in the over 60 years of following and been involved in boxing.