Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Frankie & Tony Baltazar

vCash

Re: Frankie & Tony Baltazar

How is Mr Tony Baltazar doing now? I hope he has recovered well.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GPater11093
    How is Mr Tony Baltazar doing now? I hope he has recovered well.
    Thanks GP. Tony is doing good, he is just in for long recovery, three months at least....

vCash

James & Veronika invited Connie & I out to breakfast at El Mercado, East Los. See pictures below.

Manudo con pata for me

First ST. East Los, Looking west

The 'hood, East Los

vCash

More picture from El Mercado

Weird looking dog, his name?, El Escamoso, the "Scary One"

We even had live Norteno music

Connie has been bugging me for new a washer & dryer set, I offered to buy her these two washboards instead, she offered to put them up where the sun don't shine.... :

vCash

Thanksgiving 2010

Six siblings

(L-to-R) Frankie, Frank, James, Linda, Anthony and Bobby

vCash

frank,

how is the healing going with tony?

greg

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by gregbeyer
    frank,

how is the healing going with tony?

greg
    Slow, but that's what Tony was told to expect, after all he will be 50 years old on Feb. 5th. He is here with us in Ca., will be here till the holidays, then he will go back to AZ. Thanks for asking Greg.....
    Last edited by kikibalt; 12-03-2010 at 10:03 PM.

vCash

Frank.. I think the washboard is a great gift idea.. clean clothes. Exercise. Environmentally friendly..

vCash

I hope The Tiger is coping well. One of my faves from my youth.

I hope you are as well Frank.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey
    Frank.. I think the washboard is a great gift idea.. clean clothes. Exercise. Environmentally friendly..
    Tell that to my wife and see what she tells you...LOL!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey
    I hope The Tiger is coping well. One of my faves from my youth.

I hope you are as well Frank.
    Other then getting restless Tony is doing okay. as for me, I'm doing good, the cancer is in check, my problem now is keeping my diabetes in check.

Thank you much for asking, Shark....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by kikibalt
    Other then getting restless Tony is doing okay. as for me, I'm doing good, the cancer is in check, my problem now is keeping my diabetes in check.

Thank you much for asking, Shark....
    hey frank,

are you taking pills or shots ? i was diagnosed type one 30 years ago and started taking shots right away.... 3-4 a day like a freakin' pin cushion. last year they found out i am one of only about 5% of type one diabetics that also has type two .... lucky me. now its metformin and two types of insulin.

anyway with the shots it is a lot easier to control the ups and downs because you can adjust the dosage. with the pills you have to follow a diet plan a little more closely.

take care.

say hi to tony. also say hi to frankie i really liked that guy when i met him in "06.

greg

vCash

hey frank,

are you taking pills or shots ? i was diagnosed type one 30 years ago and started taking shots right away.... 3-4 a day like a freakin' pin cushion. last year they found out i am one of only about 5% of type one diabetics that also has type two .... lucky me. now its metformin and two types of insulin.

anyway with the shots it is a lot easier to control the ups and downs because you can adjust the dosage. with the pills you have to follow a diet plan a little more closely.

take care.

say hi to tony. also say hi to frankie i really liked that guy when i met him in "06.

greg
    Greg, I take pills only, Metformin (850 Mg) 3 times a day and Actos (15 Mg) once a day, I'm suppose to follow a diet, which I have a hard time doing.

The boys are doing fine, I'll tell them that you said hi....

vCash

yeah .... i know. its tough to follow a diet when your around the house most of the time. one thing i found is that i sleep a lot better when i don't eat too late.
    when i was in europe they ate their main meal at 2 in the afternoon and then something light a few hours later. that worked pretty well for me but soon as i got home .... the pig outs continued.

at least they are not as restrictive as they used to be with diabetic diets. when i was first diagnosed they tried to cut out almost everything i enjoyed. i said the hell with that.... if i have to live like that whats the sense ? later i was told they had been all wrong. as long as i adjust my insulin i can pretty much eat what i want within reason. of course we are not kids and the days of over indulging in candy and ice cream are done, but a slice of pie or birthday cake .... i was not going to be sitting there watching everyone else partaking and me have none... gotta live, right?

anyway to me the most important part is the sleep. don't load up before bedtime and you sleep a lot more soundly.

greg

vCash

bump
    greg

vCash

yeah .... i know. its tough to follow a diet when your around the house most of the time. one thing i found is that i sleep a lot better when i don't eat too late.
    when i was in europe they ate their main meal at 2 in the afternoon and then something light a few hours later. that worked pretty well for me but soon as i got home .... the pig outs continued.

at least they are not as restrictive as they used to be with diabetic diets. when i was first diagnosed they tried to cut out almost everything i enjoyed. i said the hell with that.... if i have to live like that whats the sense ? later i was told they had been all wrong. as long as i adjust my insulin i can pretty much eat what i want within reason. of course we are not kids and the days of over indulging in candy and ice cream are done, but a slice of pie or birthday cake .... i was not going to be sitting there watching everyone else partaking and me have none... gotta live, right?

anyway to me the most important part is the sleep. don't load up before bedtime and you sleep a lot more soundly.

greg
    Diets are hard to follow, after 70+ years of eating what I want the doctors tell me I have to stop eating what I have been eating all my life, hell I want the few years that I have left to be happy years, and I'm happy when I'm eating what I want to eat, hell, I rather have 5 happy years than ten miserable ones..

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by kikibalt
    Diets are hard to follow, after 70+ years of eating what I want the doctors tell me I have to stop eating what I have been eating all my life, hell I want the few years that I have left to be happy years, and I'm happy when I'm eating what I want to eat, hell, I rather have 5 happy years than ten miserable ones..
    exactly. if you can eat something without feeling bad now .... there you go.

greg

vCash

exactly. if you can eat something without feeling bad now .... there you go.

greg
    You gotta do; what you gotta do to be happy. Plus at my age I ain't got time to worry about the the little things in life, better to go out happy than piss, I think....

vCash

Connie and I were sitting up in bed, I, reading the LATimes, her, watching TV, she can't read the paper because she lost her glasses...LOL!!. Anyway while we're doing this she said:
    "Its a bitch getting old, my arms and legs hurt"
    "But look at the bright side Baby, we are going on 56 years" I said
    "Huh!?" goes Connie
    "56 years of marriage!" I said
    "OMG! how could I" goes my Baby
    Damn!!

vCash

what is it with women and their glasses? my wife can't keep track of her sun glasses or her reading glasses ...... every time she wants to try a new recipe i have to sit at the computer and recite it to her. then if she screws it up it is my fault..... TABLE SPOON teaspoon ??? whadda i know ?

greg

vCash

what is it with women and their glasses? my wife can't keep track of her sun glasses or her reading glasses ...... every time she wants to try a new recipe i have to sit at the computer and recite it to her. then if she screws it up it is my fault..... TABLE SPOON teaspoon ??? whadda i know ?

greg
    LOLLLLL!!!!

vCash

A friend of mine just came back from visiting Mexico and he told me that some Mexicans call us Mexican-Americans gringos, and I’m having a hard time trying to figure out if that’s a step up or a step down from been called chicano.... LOL!!

vCash

Las Mananitas
    Little Joe y La Familia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA5fAC_ke_c

I want to dedicate this song to my wife, Connie, on our 56th Wedding Anniversary, In those 56 years we have learned to accept and give our love to each other without hiding, without treating it as if it was some sort of weakness, that and the fact that we can banter with each other I think has help us stay together this many years. And Babe, I still want to see 70 of marriage... :OhYes:

Love You Babe....

vCash

way to go frank.... congrats to you both..... but especially her

greg

vCash

way to go frank.... congrats to you both..... but especially her

greg
    Yes, especially to her!...thanks Greg....

vCash

Congradulations to both of you. That is quite an accomplishment.

Randy

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Wing master
    Congradulations to both of you. That is quite an accomplishment.

Randy
    For sure its been a great ride, Randy, Thanks.....

vCash

The day I was born

Dec. 13: On this date in 1936

by Citizen Dan

…1936: The Packers were truly, indisputably world champions for the first time.

The Packers of the late 1920s and early ‘30s were the most dominant team of their era, finishing at the top of the fledgling National Football League three years in a row from 1929-31. But they had never been tested in a championship game.

The Boston Redskins would provide that challenge in the NFL’s fourth championship game, held at the Polo Grounds. (Redskins owner George Preston Marshall insisted that the game be moved to New York in order to draw a bigger crowd. Ticket prices ranged from 40 cents to $1.25.)

The Packers entered the game coming off an impressive 10-1-1 season in which they’d defeated the 7-5 Redskins twice. The Packers boasted a bruising offense led by QB Arnie Herber, super-rookie WR Don Hutson, and RBs Clark Hinkle and Johnny Blood.

Meanwhile, the Redskins’ attack was based mostly around the running of Cliff Battles, by far the team’s biggest offensive weapon until the arrival the following year of the great Sammy Baugh. Unfortunately for them, Battles would leave this game early with an injured knee.

The Packers asserted themselves early with a quick-strike scoring pass from Herber to Hutson, who’d turned the league on its head as its first true deep receiving threat. “The one-time Alabama Rose Bowler swerved to his left and just as he reached the 20-yard strip he was racing down the sidelines in full stride,” wrote Arthur Daley in the New York Times the next day. “Herber whipped the pigskin to the left flat zone, the pass just leading Hutson by the right margin.”

The Redskins responded with a 79-yard drive capped by a short rushing TD. But although Boston outgained Green Bay in the first half, all they had to show for it was a one-point deficit.

The Packers dominated play in the second half, holding the Redskins to 14 total yards in the final two quarters. They increased their lead with a 73-yard scoring drive highlighted by a 52-yard hookup between Herber and Blood that brought the ball to the Boston 8.

Overall, the Redskins completed only 7 of 27 passing attempts for a meager 38 yards and only crossed midfield twice in the second half. A blocked punt in the fourth quarter gave the Packers the ball on the Boston 2, and Bob Monnett’s touchdown clinched the game at 21-6 in favor of Green Bay.

It would be the first of three NFL championship games the Packers would win under founder and coach Curly Lambeau. Each winning Packer received $250 for winning the championship, while the Redskins had to settle for $180 apiece.

Arnie Herber (left) and Don Hutson

Dec. 13, 1936
    Polo Grounds, New York
    Attendance: 29,545

1 2 3 4 F
    Packers 7 0 7 7 21
    Redskins 0 6 0 0 6

GB: Don Hutson 48 pass from Arnie Herber (Ernie Smith kick)
    BOS: Pug Rentner 2 run (kick failed)
    GB: Milt Gantenbein 8 pass from Herber (Smith)
    GB: Bob Monnett 2 run (Paul Engebretsen kick)

Trivia: What would have happened if the Packers and Redskins had played to a tie in the 1936 NFL Championship? The answer will appear in the Comments section tomorrow.

Answer: They would have played a rematch the following week. A rule dictating overtime play in championship games wasn’t established until 1941.

vCash

vCash

GSBA 2010Xmas luncheon...12-14-2010

Tony "Tiger" Baltazar, John and Frankie Baltazar
    John is owner of the Dunes on Sunset Blvd, Hollywood, Ca.

Don Fraser and friend

+ Reply to Thread