Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Danny Wildhawke

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

R.I.P. Danny Wildhawke

It's been many years since I cried... I loved Danny. He was the perfect example of the heart & soul of boxing. I can't begin to express how much I am going to miss him.

R.I.P. Danny, A life well lived...

GorDoom

Hi GorDoom,

Sad news I'm afraid.

I'm sorry to have to bring you the sad news of the recent death of Danny Wildhawke11

Danny passed away on 7th May 2010 mercifully peacefully and seemingly without pain, after a 4 week struggle, his wife Rita was by his side at the time, as she had been, often day and night, for most of those weeks.

Rita has asked me to apologise for the delay in letting you know which was partly due to Danny having managed to break his computer and reset his passwords, shortly before his hospitalisation, almost certiainly due to his confusion induced by the brain tumour This unfortunately also means that she will be unable to recieve any well meaning messages, or reply to people from his email accounts.
    If people would like to do so they could PM me or email me on cbz@earthlings.org.uk and I'll pass them along.

I'd like to thank the many members of CBZ for the pleasure being part of your community brought my father over the last few years.

Glen

PS I suspect that he'd also like for me to let you know that, to the last he never lost his fighting spirit, having surprised the medical staff by fighting his way back to consciousness 4 times in those weeks despite each time being given only a few hours in their opinion. Never underestimate the fighting spirit of the old timers

I've been trying to trace contacts for yourself and Rodolfo Gato Gonzalez, (being the 2 main names I recall him mentioning when I used to visit him) to let you know both know personally.He was especially proud to count El Gato and yourself amongst his freinds.

I did register on the board as sonofwildhawke11 and quickly composed the above post ( in italics) but seeing as the account awaits approval I felt uneasy about that name being shown as logged in while I waited, incase someone mistaken expected a post from Danny.

It may be for the best for you to anounce it anyway as I'd probably post it in a wrong or an innappropriate forum.

I do sincerly mean it when I say that CBZ brought him a lot of pleasure, eg
    3 or 4 times since last November I travelled across the country, in the middle on the night, to restore his computer, mainly so that he could get back online and read CBZ.
    Unfortunately part of the tumour problem meant he was increasingly become less able to type or read back what he had typed ( including passwords it seems ) so didn't actually get online as much as he'd wanted to in those last months.

Thanks

Best Regards

Glen Cahalin

vCash

Re: R.I.P. Danny Wildhawke

Jesus God Almighty,

He E-mailed me the sweetest notes not that long ago,
    I cannot believe this, just heartbreaking, I am literally in the process of losing loved ones left and right here and now this.

God Danny you were such a good sweet person, I was so honored to have known you.

love,
    Ron

vCash

R.I.P Danny.

vCash

very sad to hear. i had been sharing e-mails with danny up to about three weeks ago. he knew this was coming and was very brave and light hearted in our correspondence .... still .... your never really ready.

heres to a good man and a brother i never had the pleasure to shake the hand of.

RIP buddy,

greg

vCash

He was indeed a courageous soul, always acknowledging to me in our emails that he was up for the fight of his life.

Much as in the case of Nick Charles, whose tenacity, bravery and will to live comes through in every correspondence we have, one cannot feel anything but humbled by the spirit and heart of Danny Wildhawke, and anyone else who is fighting this dreaded disease.

He and his family are in my thoughts and prayers. RIP.

Regards,
    Scott

vCash

I also cried.....I loved this man. I shall never forget his kindnesses to me when I was shot and fighting to regain myself. How could I not cry? Some day my Brother Danny we will hug and look into eachother and talk boxing again. My sincere thoughts to Danny's family. You lost a treasure of a man and I lost a real buddy. I really thought Danny would survive this. His emails to me never showed a give up attitude or the depth of his suffering. He was some man...

vCash

RIP Danny, you will be missed.

God bless you.

vCash

My deep respects and condolences to all his family and friends.

vCash

I have not had the pleasure to directly correspond with Danny, but I always enjoys his posts, his mannerisms and overall the way he conducted himself on this board.

He was a true gentleman and never seemed to get agitated at anyone, nor did anyone get agitated with him. A true role model for some of us who tend to get a little carried away.

Rest In Peace Mr Wildehawke. In whatever sate you now exist.

Banned
    vCash

Danny,

You are in my prayers my friend.

You will be missed.

Hawk(e)

vCash

God Bless you Danny...

we never new each other personally, however commented and acknowledged one another through various posts on this board. A gentleman too few in this world today and especially in this sport we love.

Enjoy the greats in the heavenly courts old son, and untill we meet in that highest realm, save us a ringside seat!

God Bless, from a CBZ friend Jim Glen.

vCash

A definite feeling of loss gripped me when I read the tag line to the thread. Danny and I only corresponded two or three times, and it took his illness to induce me to reach out to him, half to state I regretted not reaching out to him (and others here that are as much 'friends' as many I call friend but know perhaps less about..never having heard or conversed with them on any topic or subject which might provide some insight to their true constituion or moral/emotional make-up) sooner, or allowing myself to let myself enjoy the humanity around me.

RIP Danny, and sincere wishes of calm to his family and friends.

Chris

vCash

This is so very sad. I was hoping to read any day now that he had pulled through. Everybody liked him and how many people can you say that about? He goes straight into the CyberBoxingZone hall of fame on the first ballot!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey
    A definite feeling of loss gripped me when I read the tag line to the thread. Danny and I only corresponded two or three times, and it took his illness to induce me to reach out to him, half to state I regretted not reaching out to him (and others here that are as much 'friends' as many I call friend but know perhaps less about..never having heard or conversed with them on any topic or subject which might provide some insight to their true constituion or moral/emotional make-up) sooner, or allowing myself to let myself enjoy the humanity around me.

RIP Danny, and sincere wishes of calm to his family and friends.

Chris

Well spoken Sharkey.

I did not know him, but he seemed to be of the utmost character and held in the highest esteem by the board members I respect most.

Prayers to his family and friends go out from me.

vCash

R.I.P

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

Danny was truly unique here on the CBZ. In the 16 years we've been doing this lash-up I can honestly say that Danny was the ONLY guy here that was liked & respected by everybody.

He never had a harsh word for anybody & his gentle, sly, humor was a delight to everybody on this board Danny also corresponded with many, many, posters here. There was just something about Danny that made everyone want to be his friend.

Without a doubt the most beloved member the CBZ has ever had.

GorDoom

vCash

I do not recall any dealings with Danny here but have read his posts, and as members have said, a top bloke, gentleman.

R.I.P Danny

vCash

A class act from stem to stern. A gentleman and a role model for every poster here.

Grand journey to you my friend. See you on the other side

vCash

Sad news,

My condolences to his friends and family,
    it sounds like he was an example we all could learn from.

vCash

I almost feel like some kind of silence out of respect throughout the board is in order.

Conversation should not just go one like nothing happened.

At least for a day.

vCash

Too sad.

RIP Danny and my deepest thoughts go out to his family.

As to being silent, I don't mean to be corny, but I think Danny might've preferred that the board he came to love continue exactly as he knew it. He certainly would know that he is in our thoughts all the while.

vCash

Sad news indeed. RIP Danny your wit and wisdom will sorely be missed. Condolences to the family.

Administrator
    vCash

R.I.P Danny. Just a great guy & he will be missed here for sure.

vCash

I did not know him personally, but just going by what everyone here says about him speaks volumes as to the kind of person he was. Sad news for his family and friends at the CBZ. May God rest his soul!

vCash

Rest in peace, Danny. What a fine example you set to everyone on this board. I wish I had half of your character and dignity.

vCash

May he rest in peace.

vCash

Rest in peace, Dan.

Robert Asch.

vCash

R.I.P. Wildhawke

- Chuck Johnston

vCash

R.I.P. The CBZ family has lost one of our brothers. Very sad news.

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    vCash

I've been corresponding with Glen, Danny's son. He's been checking out this thread & he's been moved to tears by you guy's comments. You can all imagine what it must be like to be a Brit & have your father pass away & suddenly realize there's a memorial to your father being posted 3,000 miles away by people from all over the world that never actually met him but were deeply touched by him.

I imagine it would be a pretty awesome thing to find out...

He's going to visit Danny's wife, Rita this weekend & he told me that he knows it's going to mean a whole lot to her. Btw: He also told me that Rita found the suggestion that we have a day of silence for Danny hilarious!

Apparently Danny was quite the silver tounged Irish devil & silence on the board was NOT what he was about.

Anyway guys, know your posting mean a lot to Danny's family. This thread will be up permanently although it will eventually be pinned in the boxing obit section right next to Hank Kaplan's thread.

I feel that a perfectly fitting place as both of them in their own ways were quintessential examples of a 20th Century boxing lifers & contributors.

I miss ya Danny...

GorDoom

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast