Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grandes Peleas

Banned
    vCash

Grandes Peleas

Has ANYONE purchased any of these DVD's from the Grandes Peleas series that is offered currently on Amazon.com?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...efix=grandes+p

Looking for some insight on quality, reliability and anything else anyone who has these DVD's can offer.

It's one of those things that seem "too good to be true" given the prices and descriptions.

Hawk

vCash

Re: Grandes Peleas

several years ago i purchased a 50 cassette package from a group i have never heard of since. they called themselves "peleas estellares".

best buy i ever made in regards to boxing tapes. it was a shot in the dark but turned out i got some fights i had never seen offered anywhere else. even some old amateur footage. one was of a fight with former CBZ poster rudy "rooter" ramirez. when i told him about it he was thrilled because at the time he owned no footage of his amateur career.

i do not know if these are the same people under a different name but after i made my purchase i always wondered if there were other tapes of california fights that were lost in the states but still exist in mexico.

greg

Administrator
    vCash

I picked up a stack of these in the NYC subway at 42d street -- absolutely great stuff and the ones I got were full fights.

Banned
    vCash

THanks For the feedback Mike

I've gone and ordered a few for myself and the the quality and as Mike said, the complete content of the bouts is absolutely top notch stuff.

Anyone looking to beef up their fight collections, this is a pretty inexpensive way to do so and you are getting excellent stuff to boot.

Again, Grandes Peleas.

See the Amazon Link below.

Enjoy!

Hawk

vCash

Just got one of these with Pac-Morales I and Chavez-Haugen/Taylor II

Was expecting (and actually hoping) for spanish commentary, but its in english. Also often they skipped through the between-rounds footage/commentary, which is a little annoying.

Not GREAT quality, but far from awful. DVD skipped a few times during the Taylor bout, but my DVD player is pretty friggin' old, so it may be due to that.

In any case, for $7 including shipping, not a bad find, especially since I'm not the type to fret over something having perfect quality, As long as the picture quality/action is clear enough, I'm a happy camper.

Banned
    vCash

Just got

the Barrera Morales Trilogy the other day. Three bouts I already had on DVD, but for 7 bucks, it was a no brainer.

All HBO telecasts, original announcing. Excellent quality. All Three on one DVD. For a very inexpensive price.

For you guys out there like me who want to get your VHS tapes replaced with DVD's, I can't stress it enough, for an inexpensive way to get a jump on things, this is a way to get things started.

Not intending to step on any "traders" toes here (as I have learned how territorial this can all get!), but for guys like ME, who want to beef up thier DVD collection, much like my eariler Career DVD Set thread I started a couple years ago, I recommend these DVD's based on my personal experience and satisfaction with Quality, Price, Delivery turnaround and add to it, these can be purchased through Amazon.com.

Or if you are fortunate like Mr. Delisa, you can run accross them at a subway station in NYC!

Enjoy!

Hawk

vCash

FECK only available in Region 1.

Banned
    vCash

Sorry.

Hawk

+ Reply to Thread