Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frank Bruno...

HEGrant

Frank Bruno...

What has happened to Frank Bruno ? I've read he is suffering from physiological disorders. Is he doing better ? How is he getting by in the U.K. ? I've heard there is a doc the BBC put out about him. Has anyone seen it ?

Gallicrow
    I haven't seen him on tv for a while, but newspaper reports from last year suggested he is over the worst of his mental problems. E.g. this one from November 2005.

He seems to be well enough to participate in a Sporting Dinner next weekend, which I would certainly go to if I wasn't tied up with work.

theironbar

Bruno!

That was a great article -- a must read for sure!

TKO Tom

Re: Bruno!

I guess Frank liked his drugs after his career was over.

Weed and blow.

Surprising, really. No question in my mind that he was a heavy, heavy steroid user throughout his career.

:hat

wildhawke11

Thats the problem in any sport today.
    All want the winning team ( To the victor go the spoils ) and so many times its so tight that if something can give you an edge !!!!!.

beddows

Bruno was a dedicated trainer...lived for the gym, where he pushed a lot of weights. His problems with drugs came AFTER he retired, when he missed boxing terribly.

Kid Achilles

Do you guys really think Bruno was a roider? I mean anyone can be on the juice regardless of physique but Bruno didn't have the acne or the mood swings (while he was fighting) of a Golota who may be the most obvious yet unproven roider in ring history.

TKO Tom

Not everybody gets acne. Not everybody has mood swings.

Depends on the individual's own chemical make-up and what chemicals and in what quantities are being put in.

No question in my mind Bruno was a juicer.

Look at him.

beddows

I'd hate to be in your shoes if Frank Warren or Mickey Duff reads your posts.

gregbeyer

beddows...for the sake of better informing those of us in the states please expound upon your post concerning frank warren and mickey duff.
    greg

TKO Tom

I know I could take Mickey Duff.

Frank, well, I'd run from him.

Probably all I'd have to do is lay down a line of blow or put a hot blonde between him and myself and that would probably stop him long enough for me to get away.

beddows

As Tom hints, Frank Warren (well, his cronies) regularly scours the internet boxing forums for anything libelous. Warren shut down the forum at secondsout.com, recently got a public apology from saddoboxing.com after a poster claimed Joe Calzaghe had injured his hand and wouldn't be fighting Lacy in March 4, and also had a moderator downgraded at Eastside because the moderator was a skivvy for a rival British promoter. They are just three examples. I myself was given a hard time by Warren's cronies (who threatened to sue) when I slagged off some of Ricky Hatton's matches on a forum.
    Warren managed Bruno in the latter half of Bruno's career.

Sharkey

Amazingly

paranoid.

If Bruno were after me, I would ring a bell and yell loudly, "Round 10!".

History has shown this would cause Frank to become winded and collapse.

naf2003

Steroids

When an athlete trains extremely hard, that is an indication that the athlete is using Performance Enhancing (PEs) drugs. The drugs help the athlete recover between workouts, without them, the hard training would not give the same results.

People who have had a lot of contact with athletes who use PEs can spot the athletes who use them. The "eye test" is probably the most reliable "test" out there for PEs.

+ Reply to Thread