Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is anybody still trading?

vCash

Is anybody still trading?

I've noticed a major decline in board activity here and elsewhere. Have people stopped trading? I've had a few of my own contacts state they were getting out of it.

vCash

Re: Is anybody still trading?

I am certainly still interested in trading fights. 13000 fights, and I still hope to add to my collection.

Søren Woller
    Denmark
    wol@n1.dk

vCash

This is because of YouTube. IMO

vCash

I'm still interested in trading. YouTube is great but it's just not the same as having your own copies.

vCash

I feel there is a real mystique and excitement about collecting old footage and sourcing it etc. I remember when i started collecting I was like a mad thing paying people just to tell me where they got their copies so as to lead me to the original or film transfers. That way ensuring good quality. However now with the youtube it is very easy to just type in the name of the fight and see it right away. A bit like music really. I buy maybe one tenth the amount of cd's compared to what i used to because i can have it at any second via youtube and similar websites.
    I do however still collect. I do agree with you that it is nice to have your own copies.
    regards

vCash

One Of the nice things about YouTube is finding fights that either you didn't know were available or are better copies than the version you have. For example, years ago I picked up a copy of Floyd Patterson vs Oscar Bonavena, it was silent. I was told that like the Chuvalo vs Bonavena and other fights from MSG it was recorded with no sound. I was therefore pleasantly surprised when someone posted a version with the original call on YouTube. I am now looking to pick up that version of the fight. Yes I am still trading.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by thewonderful134
    One Of the nice things about YouTube is finding fights that either you didn't know were available or are better copies than the version you have. For example, years ago I picked up a copy of Floyd Patterson vs Oscar Bonavena, it was silent. I was told that like the Chuvalo vs Bonavena and other fights from MSG it was recorded with no sound. I was therefore pleasantly surprised when someone posted a version with the original call on YouTube. I am now looking to pick up that version of the fight. Yes I am still trading.

Hi thewonderful134,

I have the Patterson-Bonavena fight with the live call, in crystal-clear color video (not film), and super-mint quality. I've never given out this version, but please pm me and we can hopefully put something together.

Regards,

MF

vCash

It is a bit funny, but there are two versions of the Patterson v Bonavena fight. One is the "real" version (I have only a version with French commentary, not the original call) plus the second one filmed from ringside. I have only a silent version of that.

Woller

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Woller
    It is a bit funny, but there are two versions of the Patterson v Bonavena fight. One is the "real" version (I have only a version with French commentary, not the original call) plus the second one filmed from ringside. I have only a silent version of that.

Woller
    Mine has one of the two usual American ringside announcers at the time (I'm now forgetting whether it is Don Dunphy or John Condon). It's live call, in color video as previously noted, and the cameras are in the typical positions at Madison Square Garden for fights from that era (it was a 1972 bout).

+ Reply to Thread