Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McDonald’s Happy Meal resists decomposition for six months

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

McDonald’s Happy Meal resists decomposition for six months

I'm happy to say I've never eaten at a McDonalds, Taco Bell, Wendys, Domino pizza or any fast food in my life. & when I read articles like this it makes me thankful...

GorDoom

McDonald’s Happy Meal resists decomposition for six months
    By Brett Michael Dykes from Yahoo

Vladimir Lenin, King Tut and the McDonald's Happy Meal: What do they all have in common? A shocking resistance to Mother Nature's cycle of decomposition and biodegradability, apparently.
    That's the disturbing point brought home by the latest project of New York City-based artist and photographer Sally Davies, who bought a McDonald's Happy Meal back in April and left it out in her kitchen to see how well it would hold up over time.
    The results? "The only change that I can see is that it has become hard as a rock," Davies told the U.K. Daily Mail.
    She proceeded to photograph the Happy Meal each week and posted the pictures to Flickr to record the results of her experiment. Now, just over six months later, the Happy Meal has yet to even grow mold. She told the Daily Mail that "the food is plastic to the touch and has an acrylic sheen to it."
    [Related: 'Double Down' among the worst fast food of 2010]
    Davies -- whose art has been featured in numerous films and television shows and is collected by several celebrities -- told The Upshot that she initiated the project to prove a friend wrong. He believed that any burger would mold or rot within two or three days of being left on a counter. Thus began what's become known as "The Happy Meal Art Project."
    [DIY: Make happier meals for your kids at home -- just don't forget one key tip]
    "I told my friend about a schoolteacher who's kept a McDonald's burger for 12 years that hasn't changed at all, and he didn't believe me when I told him about it," Davies told us. "He thought I was crazy and said I shouldn't believe everything that I read, so I decided to try it myself."
    Some observers of the photo series have noted that the burger's bun appears at different angles, and therefore aired suspicions that the Happy Meal may not in fact be as "untouched" as the project's groundrules stipulate. Davies says there's a simple explanation for the mobile-bun effect. "The meal is on a plate in my apartment on a shelf," she says, "and when I take it down to shoot it, the food slides around. It's hard as rock on a glass plate, so sure, the food is moving."

Davies' friend was the person who should have done the additional research. Wellness and nutrition educator Karen Hanrahan has indeed kept a McDonald's hamburger since 1996 to show clients and students how resistant fast food can be to decomposition.
    As for Davies, she said that she might just keep her burger and fries hanging around for a while as well.
    "It's sitting on a bookshelf right now, so it's not really taking up any space, so why not?" she said. It ceased giving off any sort of odor after 24 hours, she said, adding: "You have to see this thing."

In response to Davies' project, McDonald's spokeswoman Theresa Riley emailed The Upshot a statement defending the quality of the chain's food. Riley's email also blasted Davies' "completely unsubstantiated" work as something out of "the realm of urban legends."
    "McDonald's hamburger patties in the United States are made with 100% USDA-inspected ground beef," Riley wrote. "Our hamburgers are cooked and prepared with salt, pepper and nothing else -- no preservatives, no fillers. Our hamburger buns are baked locally, are made from North American-grown wheat flour and include common government-approved ingredients designed to assure food quality and safety. ... According to Dr. Michael Doyle, Director, Center for Food Safety at the University of Georgia, 'From a scientific perspective, I can safely say that the way McDonald's hamburgers are freshly processed, no hamburger would look like this after one year unless it was tampered with or held frozen.'"

vCash

Re: McDonald’s Happy Meal resists decomposition for six months

Except that the same experiment is done in the extra's of the doco "Supersize Me" with the same result.

He did it by placing various McDonalds products in jars next to a hamburger and fries purchased at a small local fast food outlet and compared the decay over a period of time.

Pretty much the same result as the above.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by doomeddisciple
    Except that the same experiment is done in the extra's of the doco "Supersize Me" with the same result.
    Here's that docu. It was an eyeopener to me when I first saw this. I can't say that I never eat junkfood but I always take in consideration what I've learned from this docu. McDonald’s for sure is not my favourite. Can't see what the fuzz is about. Although to be honest maybe twice a year I take a big Mac which I like.

Super size me Subtitulado 1-10
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqO6wIyzwC0

vCash

When every item of food is treated in chemicals to resist decay (as well as to kill at the life-threatening bacteria it picks up during the processing) the stuff should last better than Tiger Woods' boner.

I recently watched a terrific documentary called "Food Inc." that enlightened me about a few things, not the least of which is that the McDonalds model is pretty much the start and end point of the industrialized food industry, and that it is remakrably dangerous and unhealthy. Their model pretty much created the industiralized meat industry (and is responsible to countless deaths due to e coli and listeriosis), the now freaky potatoe industry, and has a lot to do with the radical increase in corn production (due to all the corn-based products they produce and sell in enormous quantities).

I'd highly recommend everyone watch that film (the entire thing is on Youtube in about 10 pieces).

vCash

I managed to watch FOOD INC which was definitely worth the watch and worth recommending. It contains mostly stuff I've read about, but visually seeing it hammers it home that much more. There's some pretty grotesque images.

I've experimented off and on with vegetarian and vegan diets over the past 20 years. I'm at the point now where I have gradually weaned myself away from meat/poultry/dairy products to the point that I only eat meat maybe once a week (still enjoy a nice BBQ steak now and again) and the only dairy product I consume is a single cream in my coffee (tried switching to black, but just couldn't do it).

For years the beef and dairy industy have funded nutrition studies that recommend the daily consumption of their product to the point that it has brainwashed the population into believeing that we NEED these in our diet, but the truth is we don't. Eating a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans etc...is far more healthier and will meet daily nutritional requirements tenfold without all the harmful side effects of consuming industrialized meat/poultry/dairy.

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

Like I wrote earlier I've never eaten any fast food in my life. The old chestnut that you are what you eat is SO true... I live on a diet of seafood very occasional organic chicken, brown rice, beans & lots of veges & a little fruit. For the last 3 1/2 years I've drank nothing but water & a little black coffee. I've lost 61 pounds & now at 60 I weigh the same & have the same waist size as when I was 25.

If any of you are interested check out the Gor Diet thread above that my partner Mike Delisa started. It deals with not only diet but a host of health issues.

Check it out...

GorDoom

vCash

Gor, one of my good buddies who I work with is a self confessed fast food addict. He got into the habit of eating fast food at least once a day and in approximately 12 years went from 6’1 180 lbs to 375 lbs. This guy was actually an excellent athlete at one time, a major junior hockey player and believe it or not at 375 lbs he was still playing recreational men’s league hockey and keeping somewhat active, so he wasn’t a complete couch potato which leads me to attribute his massive weight gain mainly to fast food. He’s since come down to around 300 lbs but still has a long way to go, and it’s a daily battle with this guy. He’s like a crack addict when it comes to this stuff and will often have relapses and moments of weakness and just hit a McDonald’s, Taco Bell etc…and clean house. Food addiction is unlike any other addiction because we HAVE to eat to survive, unlike alcohol or drugs, we don’t NEED them. I’ve seen this guy’s daily struggle and it’s a real eye opener and a real indictment of the fast food industry and what it can do to people and their bodies.

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    vCash

10-8:

I have no empirical proof but I'm convinced these fast food assholes put something in the food that's addictive. Other wise why would peeps keep eating that shit?

2 things I KNOW they add our inordinate amounts of salt which cause fluid retention & bloating & high fructose corn sugar which is literally killing America.To me if we had a real FDA instead of the bought off cock suckers we have now they would force them to change their practices or shut them down.

I'm amazed your friend is still alive. He's gotta change his food paradigm, get into eating healthy food which tastes WAY better than fast food & realize it's literally killing him.

He needs to start exercising again which will help his self esteem & naturally cut his appetite down. The reason he's addicted probably is he so used to all that salt & fructose that real food doesn't do it for him anymore. I feel sorry for the guy he's truly a victim of the fast food industry.

GorDoom

vCash

Gor, you want empirical evidence?

Here you are my friend:

http://banzhaf.net/docs/newsci.html

But what if some obese people are actually victims of the type of food sold in fast-food outlets? Absurd as it may sound, there is a growing body of evidence pointing in this direction.
    Fats and simple sugars can act on the brain in the same way as nicotine and heroin. Even if fast food is not addictive, the lawyers will point out that it is so bad for people's health that fast-food outlets are in effect selling a hazardous product without providing the health warnings you might reasonably expect such goods to carry. A restauramt that poisons people by selling food laced with salmonella is quickly brought to book. Is it less blameworthy to sell food loaed with calories that give people chronic disease.?
    Like it or not, it's [legal action against obesity] a struggle that looks necessary if we are to halt the obesity epidemic. Admonitions from nutritionalists, politicians, and health educators seems to have little effect. And history suggests that without the sustained pressure of a legal attack, the food industry is unlikely to mend its ways. New Scientist

New and potentially explosive findings on the biological effects of fast food suggest that eating yourself into obesity isn't simply down to a lack of self-control. Some scientists are starting to believe that bingeing on foods that are excessively high in fat and sugar can cause changes to your brain and body that make it hard to say no. A few even believe that the foods can trigger changes that are similar to full-blown addiction.

But how can something you need for survival be addictive? The answer could be in the food itself. The difference between a fast-food meal and a home-cooked one is the sheer quantity of calories and fat it delivers in one go. The US Department of Agriculture's recommended daily intake for a normal adult male is 2800 kilocalories (11,723 kilojoules) and a maximum of 93 grams of fat. A meal at a fast-food outlet -- burger, fries, drink and dessert -- can deliver almost all of that in a single sitting.
    Sarah Leibowitz, a neurobiologist at Rockefeller University in New York City, has more evidence that eating fast food is self-reinforcing. Her experiments show that exposure to fatty foods may quickly reconfigure the body's hormonal system to want yet more fat. She has shown that levels of galanin, a brain peptide that stimulates eating and slows down energy expenditure, increase in rats when they eat a high-fat diet. In fact, Leibowitz has found that it only takes one high-fat meal to stimulate galanin expression in the hypothalamus
    etc.

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    vCash

Wow, I guess I was right all along... Thanks OTR reading that makes me even happier that I didn't ever eat that crap. I used to be oa road manager for bands & I can't tell you how much shit I took for not eating a big Mac for dinner with the guys.

I went hungry on the road a lot.

These days I won't even at in a restaurant Having woked in them I KNOW what happens. No matter how uptown the restaurant is what your eating is coming out of a bacteria frappe.

GorDoom

vCash

I'm not much of a fan of fast food. I do take the young fellas to McDonalds once or twice a year for a happy mean.

To be fair, My buddy ran a Subway, I used to drop by and help him prep and their food is pretty fresh and clean.

I used to run a couple of restraunts as well and I made sure things were clean as well. Overall, I try my best to eat good food. Unlike 10-8, I still like my meat and dairy products. Two eggs and an apple for breakfast, lots of korean style soups with rice and plenty of veggies. But I probabaly eat too much meat. I still think the main problem is that I eat too much carbs with rice and noodles. I'll never convince my wife though.

And I don't think I will ever -nor do I want to- get off the chees man. I fucking love cheese.

Still, I'm pretty happy with my fitness. I do carry a little fat around the midsection, but at near 40, I train 10 guys at taekwondo. All of them are about 15 years younger than me and I can still out do them all in our workout routines.

I will say this about our own 10-8 though. The diet plan he is on is amazing! Big and powerful from top to bottom and vary low bodyfat percentage.

By the way 10-8. I showed my co-worker your pic on facebook and he says you were definitely on steroids at some time in your life. He knows, because he did them too and no one can look like that without the juice man.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Off The River
    By the way 10-8. I showed my co-worker your pic on facebook and he says you were definitely on steroids at some time in your life. He knows, because he did them too and no one can look like that without the juice man.
    Tell him thanks, I'll take that as a compliment!

vCash

Ha ha - Bill - Show him the picture of your 14 year old with a 8 pack and bigger arms than ol' uncle Josho here!

vCash

Yeah. I'm sure he'd say Bill's son was on the juice too. According to this guy, every athelete in the world is on steroids.

He's convinced that steroids are wonderful things and everyone should use them.

Oh yeah and Ron Lipton is on Rooids.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Off The River
    Yeah. I'm sure he'd say Bill's son was on the juice too. According to this guy, every athelete in the world is on steroids.

He's convinced that steroids are wonderful things and everyone should use them.
    Obviously genetics play a major role in the ability to build muscle, which is something no one can control. After that it takes dedication, consistancy, hard work, intelligent training...and P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E. It can take a year of solid training to only add 5-10 lbs of muscle (which would be considered good gains), and most guys will throw in the towel long before that point or resort to steroids because they think it can't be accomplished any other way when they don't see results after only a couple of months. It takes time and hard work. The fitness industry is fueled by those guys who look for a quick fix be it creatine, protein powders, new age training systems etc....and eventually steroids.

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    vCash

Gotta question for you guys. Up until I was 40 - I'm 60 now - I used to be a workout freak. When I was in my teens I was an amateur boxer & after that I got into long distance running 4 times a week & I'd hit the gym the other 3.

I was never much into lifting weights but I lifted light ones & did heavy workouts including sparring & heavy bag etc. When I hit 40 my ankles were shot & I couldn't run anymore. So I said fuck it & stopped working out.

Fast forward 20 years to last February & as some of you know from the Gor-diet thread I had some bad health issues & I've gone from 218 to today I weigh 156. At this point I weigh the same as I did at 25 & have the same waist size.

But here's my question: Last Feb I started working out with dumb bells & because I can't run anymore or at this point walk well because of swelling & arthritis on the balls of one of my feet. It's bad enough that I can't even do push ups because it's too painful to push off my toes.

Since I can't run or walk enough to get my heart rate up I designed a workout with 15 & 20 pound dumb bells. I do 400 reps in sets of 15 of multiple positions in about a half hour I also am doing a hundred leg squats & a hundred crunches.

When I'm done my heart is slamming & I've worked up a real sweat. BUT... I'm wasted. Some days my arms & legs feel like lead all through the day. Also after working out this strenously I ain't ripped. I'm toned but not ripped.

I 've done this 4 days a week without fail since mid-Feb & my question is twofold: Am I overdoing it at my age? & am I not getting ripped because of my age? I really don't know that much about lifting. I developed this program on my own.

Let me tell ya boys, getting old sucks. It ain't for pussies...

GorDoom

vCash

Gor, the reason you are left feeling exhausted after training is because you are training anaerobically which burns glycogen (blood sugar) as a source of fuel instead of body fat. What you are experiencing is likely a dip in blood sugar which feels like exhaustion. You need to turn your sessions into aerobic workouts. Keep training with the same exercises, weights, sets and reps etc…but here is what you need to switch up.

First off get a heart monitor and wear it during your workout. The way to calculate your maximum heart rate is 220 minus your age. You should NEVER exceed you maximum heart rate under any circumstances. In your case your maximum heart rate would be 220-60, so you maximum should be no more than 160 beats per minute. Now to calculate you ideal fat burning range (where your body will burn fat as a source of fuel as opposed to glycogen) you want to target 60-80% of 160 bpm. I use 75% as a general rule, so 75% of 160 is 120 beats per minute. This is the heart rate you want to obtain and maintain during your workout

So, wearing the heart monitor get your rate up to 120 bpm, and try and try maintain that for the duration of your training session. You will probably have to drop back on the intensity of your training just a bit, but doing the same workload with a slightly lesser intensity should stretch your session to approximately 45 minutes which is ideal anyway.

Give that a shot and you will feel much better and energized after training, as your body will be using stored bodyfat as it’s main source of fuel and not depleting your glycogen stores. Now, depending on how ripped you want to get, the biggest change you can make to your diet to have an impact is to cut back on or even eliminate any and all starchy carbs like potatoes, rice, pasta etc….

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    vCash

Truths about your body and your diet

To be a champion, or a contender, or any other kind of successful boxer, you must live, eat and drink for good health. This applies to most people, but to boxers especially. Boxers are supreme athletes -- or should be, anyway. They work and train hard, and need to feed their bodies the foods that will support that training. The motion of boxing can be very explosive, and boxers require a solid aerobic base to perform over the entire duration of a bout. If you’re a boxer, this is why it’s so important to feed your body the proper nutrients. This way your body will be there for you when you need it.
    You need to drink copious amounts of water. Hydration is extremely important for all bodily functions. Your footwork and punches will be easier to execute and you’ll feel more fluidity in your movements. Some boxers may use extensive dehydration to lower body weight prior to competition.
    This is just plain dumb. Excessive dehydration can adversely affect performance and increase the risk of heat stress. Effects of dehydration on a boxer’s performance depends on the fitness level of the athlete, and it’s only a matter of time before the body will stop performing for you without the right amount of fluids. You can’t fool Mother Nature, at least for any length of time.
    All food eaten should be for performance. That means good amounts of protein, carbs, fats and fiber. You should have about .8 grams of protein for every pound of muscle you have. If you don’t know how much muscle you have, find out. Any personal trainer worth his beans should know how to find out what your muscle mass is. You also need lots and lots of vegetables. You get so many fantastic nutrients from vegetables. Dark leafy green, and all colorful vegetables keep you healthy and at the top of your game. You should have vegetables every single day. And they should be steamed, sautéed, roasted, grilled or eaten raw. You get no nutritional value in canned vegetables, so stay away from those. Frozen is okay as long as there is no cream or other sauce involved. A small amount of a whole grain is ideal while you’re in training. You’ll get plenty of fiber from the vegetables and whole grain. Whole grains include brown rice, millet, quinoa, etc.
    As far as the fats, the best way to assure you’re getting good fats is to eat lean proteins, and to supplement with Omega-3’s—that’s fish oil. Make sure you get it at a health food store, because many times the fish oil is contaminated with mercury and other harmful toxins. Purchased at a health food store, they’ll keep you safer from those harmful toxins.
    Almost as important as eating the right things is what to stay away from. Never, never, never, and I mean never eat:
    All sodas, regular or diet
    Fast foods
    Fried foods
    High fructose corn syrup (look at ingredients of all food)
    Sugar, sweets, desserts
    Trans fats (hydrogenated fats/oils) (look at ingredients of all food)
    Processed foods
    Splenda, Nutri-Sweet, Equal
    They just do you no good and are harmful as well. You don’t want to get in the ring and have a doubt that you didn’t do every single thing possible to get you to your peak performance. You should step into the ring with confidence, knowing that you are at your peak.
    Sleep is most valuable when you are beating your body up every day. You need 7-8 hours of sleep every night. This is absolutely necessary. Your own human growth hormone is released after about 2 hours of good deep sleep. It travels throughout your body healing and repairing all the damage that has been done to it in the last 24 hours. If you don’t get the right amount of sleep, you are not able to repair and you are always playing catch-up. This is not good! To help with your own human growth hormone, you supplement with L-Glutamine. This amino acid can be used for several things depending on how and when you take it. To assist with your human growth hormone, take 2-3 grams just before bedtime. You might even feel more energy in the morning.
    Being the nutritionist for Garcia Boxing for the last 8 years has been a great experience for me. We’ve had our highs and lows with our boxers, but we know that we have done every thing possible for them to get them to be world class boxers. Our next fight is March 7, 2009 at HP Pavillion in San Jose. We will have our shining example of a boxer, Eloy Perez, fighting that night on the undercard of World Featherweight Champion, Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero. I have no doubt that Eloy will continue to show the world what we’re all about. Go ELOY!!

Linda Rodriguez of Functional Nutrition has been in private practice in Carmel, California for 15 years. She is available for speaking engagements throughout the country. For more information on this and other subjects please visit her website at www.functionalnutrition.com

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    vCash

Thanks 10-8! I will do your suggestions. So you don't think I'm overdoing it for my age?

GorDoom

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GorDoom
    Thanks 10-8! I will do your suggestions. So you don't think I'm overdoing it for my age?

GorDoom
    It's not not necessarily your age, you're just maxing out on your heart rate and depleting your glycogen stores which is knocking the shit out of you. I'm 44 years old and would probably feel much the same if I was training like you have been.

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    vCash

!0-8:

Well that makes me feel a little better. I've been feeling like a slacker because these workouts are really exhausting. I used to do SO much more than I'm doing now barely drawing a deep breath. I used to run for 8 miles with a buddy & I mean run not jog & we'd be yakking about sports the whole way & at the end I wouldn't even be winded.

Now I do my routine & I'm blowing hard...

thanks for the advice, man!

GrDoom

vCash

Question for you guys:

That article Gor posted says to avoid all sodas (including diet). Over the past 10 years I have eliminated all the vices I once had - grass, booze (except for the occasional beer), coffee, cigarettes (3.5 years now)... everything except indulging my sweet tooth (one I fear I will never escape) and diet soda - and I go through gallons of the stuff.

Why is diet soda even a dietary concern? There is no sugar, calories, fat or carbohydrates, just a small amount of salt and caffeine and some food colouring. While I'll agree the shit isn't good for you (aspartame, in particular), I can't figure out why dieticians say it's so bad.

Anyone know?

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    vCash

Because they are LOADED with chemicals that attack your immune sytem Especially the sugar subs like asparte. These are cancer causing chemiicals. Believe it or not diet sodas are actually worse for you than regular ones.

GorDoom

vCash

Well hell Bucket - we all gotta die of SOMETHIN'.......

Since posting that question I found an article suggesting that diet sodas trigger the pancreas' release of insulin because your body thinks it's sugar, which can hinder weight loss. Don't know how reliable the source is, but I can honestly say it has never affected my weight. When I eat too much I gain, when I don't and get some excersize I lose. Diet soda and all.

Since I turned 40 I think about this stuff more and more though. Even eat stuff that would have made me ill even at the thought of 10 years ago just becauae "it's better for me". I might just get there someday yet.

But I look at my can of Diet Pepsi and I know that day is not today.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GorDoom
    !0-8:

Well that makes me feel a little better. I've been feeling like a slacker because these workouts are really exhausting. I used to do SO much more than I'm doing now barely drawing a deep breath. I used to run for 8 miles with a buddy & I mean run not jog & we'd be yakking about sports the whole way & at the end I wouldn't even be winded.

Now I do my routine & I'm blowing hard...

thanks for the advice, man!

GrDoom
    Well than make sense. Without a heart monitor it's suggested that you do a 'talk test', in other words if you're breathing too hard to hold a conversation the your heart rate is too high.

Consider the mathematical formula I gave for determining your maximum heart rate. 220 minus your age. As your age increases your maximum heart rate needs to be decreased which explains why you are winded now more than then. At 30 years of age the rate would be 190 while at 60 years of age it would be 160. It should come as no surprise then that what makes you winded now didn't back then because you had a greater capacity due to your younger age.
    Last edited by 10-8; 10-15-2010 at 05:49 PM.

vCash

I was never much into lifting weights but I lifted light ones & did heavy workouts including sparring & heavy bag etc. When I hit 40 my ankles were shot & I couldn't run anymore. So I said fuck it & stopped working out.
    Gor.

I played had a few seroius ankle sprains from playing basketball and rugby. Over the years, I developed chronic foot pain. It was a daily thing and I coulnd't play hockey, go for a run or do anything without foot pain, especially my right ankle.

I was clowning around in front of my son and jumped over a wall. When I landed I seriously bruised my heel. I can't tell you how much pain I was in. I thought I broke it.

After about nine months of serious pain, I went to Beijing for a vacation. I walked by one of those head and foot massage places. Let me tell you, better than a chiropracter, better than an accupuncturist, better than a Thai Massage and a blow job!

You put so much weight on your feet, and there are so many pressure point in your feet, that it's really tough to work out the kinks in your feet. I did two sessions where she completely fixed me of my foot pain. If I were you I'd look for a traditional Chinese foot massage and give that a try.

vCash

Obviously genetics play a major role in the ability to build muscle, which is something no one can control. After that it takes dedication, consistancy, hard work, intelligent training...and P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E. It can take a year of solid training to only add 5-10 lbs of muscle (which would be considered good gains),
    Exactly. But with this guy, he wants to walk around at 250, with a frame similar to mine. Honestly, I'm quite happy with my speed, stamina and flexibility at around 185-190lbs.

With me, I always think I can cut up, but then than means I wouldn't have been able to have that apple pie I just had for breakfast!!!!!!!!!!

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    vCash

Thanks OTR, really appreciate the advice I've been in misery. That's what I like about this board, on almost any subject we've got somebody here that knows something useful about it.

Hell, just on this thread I've gotten advice on two things that were very helpful. I'm really glad I began this non-boxing forum it's really opened up the board to a lot more knowledge.

In fact when I think about it's amazing how this board has transformed. For years it was just the modern & old timers forums but has gradually evolved into encompassing far more than just boxing & it's one of the most civilized boards on the net.

Me like that a lot.

GorDoom

vCash

Me too. I love the CBZ. My wife doesn't.

When it comes to chronic pain, I know quite a bit. I've been dealing with it for about 15 years now.

You might want to put a fitness part as a sticky. Or, even an ask 10-0 sticy regarding weight lifting, strength training and nutrition. Between him and Ron Lipton, I've learned more about strength traing in the past few years than I have at any gym.

And despite 10-8 being a Montreal Canadian fan, he is actually quite literate and well read on these kind of things.

vCash

TKO,

Regarding Asparteme:

http://www.sweetpoison.com/articles/...ms_submit.html

Get off that shit now!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast