Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Klit/Briggs Post Fight Discussion

vCash

Re: Klit/Briggs Post Fight Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Dynamite
    Nobody expects a fighter to quit but that is why we have refs and trainers who are supposed to look out for a fighters best interest.
    Thats true! But this time Briggs had a good reason to quit. He probably knew from the second round on that he fought a lost fight. To me quitting because of a severe injury is not something to be held against a boxer. But many boxing fans dont accept such thing. I only have the remind of how VKs shoulder injury, a torn rotator cuff, is up to this day being held against him. Hes called a coward, a quitter, one who lacks character. This is also what Briggs was up against if hed make the wisest decision

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jlupi
    If the Klitschkoos werent there some of these guys, they now did easily beat, would have been champion(s). And they would probably be praised for some competitive fights they give each other. And after a while some of them could come to belong to one of the all time greats.>>>>>>>

I find that hard to believe. would there be some competitive fights - sure. but who would be considered all time greats? Peter? not on his best day, Sultan ibragimov? maybe an ancient holyfield - he is prob still competitive with most of the current crop.
    If the number one and two leave the sport number three will become champion. And he may get in a lot of interesting competitive fights. Fights the K's never had. And if he does happen to keep that title a year or five hed be ranked among the old time greats. Probably in so many fights he shows a lot of character, character the Ks never had, so he will be rated over them after a while.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Theo Netherland
    if he does happen to keep that title a year or five hed be ranked among the old time greats. Probably in so many fights he shows a lot of character, character the Ks never had, so he will be rated over them after a while.

I cant disagree more. maybe one emerges as a draw even a gatti type of following. but to be an ATG requires more than wins against equally horrid fighters.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Theo Netherland
    If the number one and two leave the sport number three will become champion. And he may get in a lot of interesting competitive fights. Fights the K's never had. And if he does happen to keep that title a year or five hed be ranked among the old time greats. Probably in so many fights he shows a lot of character, character the Ks never had, so he will be rated over them after a while.
    Haha, yeah, like Chris Byrd is now considered an ATG? . . .

The other HW fights not involving the K brothers are not any better. I can't even name a Peter fight I'd ever want to watch again besides perhaps his first fight with a 38 year old grotesquely fat Toney in which James made him look like an idiot. Ibragimov's fights with Briggs and a 45 year old Evander were awful. Chagaev's fights are awful. To say people would consider any of these guys 'great' is laughable.

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

Your absolutely right, Hags but what's really pathetic is the incredible amount of time that is spent on two total mooks like the Klits. I cant believe how much people natter on trying to somehow justify these two abject disappointments as more than lowest tier heavyweight titilists.

It's fucking absurd.

Yet, on this board, it never ends...

GorDoom

vCash

Yet, on this board, it never ends...
    >>>>>

and compared to any other board Ive been on this is by far the most knowledgeable and mature

Administrator
    vCash

Funny story...
    I recently found out that my boss at work buys jewelry from the same guy Wlad does. Much to my surprise as well as his, the jeweler said Wlad is a mean son-of-a-bitch. My boss originally assumed he meant Vitaly but he said no & showed him a pic of them together on the wall.

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

Why are you surprised, Dig? I keep telling all you guys for years that when it comes to athletes, movie, tv or music stars, You Don''t Know These People... All you know is a carefully manicured image.

Need I mention Tiger or Roeslethberger or Farve???

Both Klits are VERY arrogant fucks who think they are so entitled that their shit comes out neatly wrapped in Glad Bags... I know people in LA that have known them.

Just remember these people you see on TV or in movies on the field or in a ring are almost never remotely like their images. Believe me, I've been working in the music biz for 41 years & the disparity between the image & the reality can wobble the mind...

GorDoom

Administrator
    vCash

This is nothing new to me as I've heard countless stories of big George and many others. I never expect anybody to be as nice as they are on TV, but geez Wlad goes out of his way to come across like the lucky & gracious immigrant. Big bro on the other hand never tried that hard.
    I guess I just never realized how hard he was acting all this time just to keep HBO paying him to fight garbage. If I were getting paid like that, I suppose I would too.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GorDoom
    Just remember these people you see on TV or in movies on the field or in a ring are almost never remotely like their images. Believe me, I've been working in the music biz for 41 years & the disparity between the image & the reality can wobble the mind...

GorDoom
    This makes me happy! At least for Keith Richards! It must mean that he in real live is a sober living health freak. And that he probably doesnt even smoke cigarettes, leave alone doing drugs. So he only is doing these things, including getting arrested on drugs charges, when there are cameras around, just to build an image. This explains why hes still here. When Brain Jones died Keith Richards, because of his image, was expected to be the next one. So hes never been in danger at all.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by kikibalt
    Shannon Briggs hospitalized after loss

By Dan Rafael
    ESPN.com

Klitschko, 39, dominated all 12 rounds, but after about the seventh round the fight became a brutal beatdown. Klitschko (41-2, 38 KOs), with the best knockout percentage in heavyweight title history, continued to pound Briggs (51-6-1, 45 KOs), but neither the referee, Ian John Lewis, nor Briggs' trainers, Herman Caicedo and Eddie Mustafa Muhammad, stopped the fight.
    "
    Eddie Mustafa Muhammad did an interview on fighthype in which he states Herman Caicedo had him out of the corner as a spectator with no authority

vCash

Press Conference with Shannon Briggs in Hospital 20.10.2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDMTsCJ-GtI

vCash

Shannon Briggs Interview on Kerner
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU_FsvYsCMs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123