Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 11 Ways To Stop Hunger

vCash

11 Ways To Stop Hunger

11 Ways To Stop Hunger That You Have Never Ever Heard Before

1. Eliminate Meals - Eat between 12 PM and 7PM. We have been trained to eat three full meals per day which is not necessary and in fact forces your body to be in a perpetual state of hunger. We all have a circadian (biological clock) or 24-hour rhythm. As the body's temperature drops later in the day, proteins, carbohydrates and fats are not absorbed at the same rate as earlier in the day. Late meals and snacks will only increase the desire to eat and as a result you will remain hungry.

2. Sex Please (Have sex early in the day) - This enjoyable exercise is a great way to relieve stress as well as to positively affect our nervous, endocrine and reproductive systems. This is another way to decrease cravings when practiced timely? What do u mean by timely?. Don't over do it though! Having sex late in the day or at night will increase the body's need to restore nutrition and thus increase hunger.

3. Exercise early...Walk late - Exercise Twice a Day. Do hard aerobic and lifting (dynamic) exercise early in the day when the metabolic rate is much higher. After 6 pm, when the body's temperature begins to drop engage in more leisurely (static) activity such as walking or yoga. You will feel a dramatic increase in overall energy levels, eliminate lethargy and enhance your immune system. A 30-40 minute walk is a key component of hunger control and as the metabolism slows down for sleep, you can help to reduce the occurrence of hunger pangs.

4. Pear Down - A couple of pears will eliminate your cravings for sweets and help make your body to feel full. Rich in Pectin, Boron, Vitamin C, Folic acid and Calcium a Pear can be your best friend. Eat plenty of raw apples and cabbage as well. An abundance of pectin and fiber in these foods will enhance rapid fat burning by the body. Your body will be getting energy from existing fat and not have an overwhelming urge to eat and replace the nutrition.

5. No Food Today - Try fasting today. This sounds harder than it really is. Drink as much water, seltzer and tea as needed. This will help to cleanse the entire system and enhance the body's internal functions. Augmented with vitamins and herbs to properly maintain optimal health, 2-3 cups of hot tea in the morning and later in the day will help to curb hunger.

6. Eat soluble fiber - Soluble fiber remains in the system much longer than other forms of fiber as it takes quite a while for the body to digest and absorb. This will give a long lasting feeling of being satiated as well as to provide heath benefits such as lower cholesterol and internal system cleansing.

7. Slow down your metabolism - We cannot escape the need to eat but we can control the severity of hunger. Unlike many, The Sadkhin Complex(R) believes that if you slow down your metabolism rather than speed it up, you will decrease your hunger. Slowing down the metabolism keeps food and nutrition in the system longer and reduces the frequency and the need eat.

8. Breathe Baby, Breathe - Breathing exercises can properly ensure oxidation and slow down the hunger process. Breathing in happens reflexively but the depth of breathing out should be regulated so that there is no air left from the previous intake. Breathing exercises should not be done more than twice a day - morning and evening. The added oxygen into the blood stream will keep blood levels constant and reduce sudden bouts of hunger.

9. Turn Off The Stove - Heating any food above 105 degrees begins to alter and eventually destroy that foods nutrient and enzyme content. One must eat far more cooked food to get the amount of available nutrients in fresh foods. After all, it is not what we eat that keeps the body satiated and healthy, but what we assimilate and eliminate in a timely manner.

10. Be Fresh - Fresh, organically grown, fruit, vegetables and green leaves come from Nature perfectly balanced in their nutrient content and most importantly in the enzymes needed for their own digestion. They require little digestive effort because the foods use their own enzymes to be digested rather than sapping the body's reserves and expediting the return of hunger. Fresh, uncooked fruits and vegetables keep the body internally clean by promoting excellent bowel function, and cleansing the organs and tissues of toxins, fat and waste

11. I Love You Too HONEY - Replace table sugar with honey. The human body has an easier time digesting honey which is already in glucose form and does not need to be broken down any further by the digestive system. Thus it takes less energy to digest honey and it will keep your insulin levels stable as well as to help you to feel satisfied longer

vCash

Re: 11 Ways To Stop Hunger

The 12-7 eating schedule is strange. What if you rise each day at 8 a.m.?
    I assume by 12 p.m., that is noon and not midnight?

Holding off eating till 12 noon would hardly be recommended. And, they do say that
    eating shortly after you awake, kick starts your engine and metabolism. So, a 7 hour
    eating timeframe. Hmm!

I would recommend boiled eggs in the morning as the most nutritious and filling breakfast. It really staves off hunger for a fair few hrs.

Too many eggs would be not be ideal, so say three to four per week.
    Last edited by walshb; 10-17-2010 at 11:29 AM.

vCash

A work associate of mine was very fat and overweight with terrible eating habits. A few years ago he adopted a plan of only eating once a day which for him is dinner. Throughout the day he'll only drink water and a couple of coffees. This guy is in his 40's and is r-i-p-p-p-e-d, and trains everyday using a NAVY SEAL regime, with no loss of energy. Sounds extreme but hey it works for him.

For years I bought into the '6 small meals a day' and 'have a huge breafast' jargon and it wasn't until I wanted to really cut weight that I threw that theory out the window. Now, I only eat fruit in the morning, a vegetable rich soup for lunch and a moderate sized dinner and don't eat after 5PM. Worked like a charm. I dropped 50 lbs last year and have kept it off.

vCash

The whole losing weight regime really is fascinating. You would be amazed at the amount of folks who just cannot understand the simplicity of it. You throw out more than you take in. It is that simple, though you do need commitment and willpower.

Two words, portion and size. This is the key to weight loss. When one is needing to lose weight, the most important words are weight loss, not healthy eating. The healthy eating can be looked at during the regime.

Too many people think that if they swap their foods that this will lead to weight loss? So, they still consume big portions, of healthy food, which
    is not making the scales drop. They then get frustrated and think, fuck this, I may as well eat what I love.

You eat 10 portions of fruit and veg a day with all the other healthy foods, and the chances are that the scales will go up.

One 24 hr fast, with no water or food can see a 3-5 lb weight loss. I wouldn't recommend this, but I find that if you apply this to the day, then you know that to lose .5 lbs or 1 lb a day, then you should be consuming about 3-4 lbs of food and liquid combined.

For obese people, they need to act quickly and apply the simple remedy, drop drop drop that portion size. When they are familiar with this, they then can start to think about healthy eating.
    Last edited by walshb; 10-17-2010 at 01:09 PM.

vCash

I NEVER eat before 11:30am, as I am never hungry then, (this type of diet very dependant on one's work schedule though) and have stayed within 10-12 pounds of my ideal weight for the last 30 years, also LISTENING to my body as to when I am hungry, when I have a distinct craving for something,
    is my body's way of telling me it is deficiant in that area, also I believe in drinking lots of water throughout the day to maintain hydration.

I pleaded my case to the woman on 10-8's #2 on the list, but too late...

vCash

I can't make it through the morning if I don't eat breakfast. I've learned to limit my breakfast and that has helped me lose weight. I usuall eat at 7:00am. Today was a slice of whole wheat toast with Peanut butter, coffee and a banana but right now, it's 9:00am and I am starting to get hungry.

By noon I will be really hungry.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TDKO
    LISTENING to my body as to when I am hungry, when I have a distinct craving for something, is my body's way of telling me it is deficiant in that area
    That's a big component right there. Most people eat when they are not physically hungry. It could be because they mentally crave the flavour of something, eat because they are bored/depressed/anxious (emotional eaters), or just because it's that time of day (lunch time, dinner time etc...) even though they're not really hungry. If a person can stay in tune with their body's requests and eat only enough to satisfy that physical demand, they can control their weight.

vCash

And stay away form $5.00 all you can eat buffets for lunch. I'm effing stuffed!

+ Reply to Thread