Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: David Haye vs Audley Harrison: BIIIG fight in England

vCash

Haye vs Fraudley

I'm surprised there isn't a thread dedicated to this sure fire barn burner to be,

well, we really just need a good Haye bashing thread and how much more ammo do you need against the "Savior of the Heavyweights" than him fight with Audley Harrison?

let's check out Haye's heavyweight resume,

droped 5 times by a wayyy past it Monte Barrett,

ran for his life against one of the slowest and clumsiest of heavy weight champs,

ran out of gas against an old man who got dusted in 19 seconds in his prime,

almost forgot, in between all of these legendary fights he called out both Klit's and then pussied out of not one but both fights,

and now he takes on a fighter that never made it to contender status who is way past it,

the tagline for this fight should be "Who's the real fraud"?

vCash

Re: Haye vs Fraudley

This is a wildly inaccurate post, bordering on trolling. Down 5 times against Barrett? Ran out of gas v Ruiz?

What the fuck?

vCash

Wildly inaccurate? I notice that you only reference the knockdowns in the Barrett fight, ok, unofficially dropped 5 times,

fighters get trashed up and down all over these threads and I feel like doing it now,

vCash

Call me crazy but I'm picking Harrison to win this fight. Harrison got off to a bad start but now has found himself. He seems to have new life. I don't think Haye can take a big mans shot. Believe me Haye is all mouth.

vCash

I'm not big on Haye, I don't think he did enough vs Valuev and I don't like his ducking of the K brothers.

But he simply was not down 5 times vs Barrett. Officially or unofficially. Barrett was down 5 times. Your memory is way off here. And how can he of 'ran out of gas' vs Ruiz when he was smashing Ruiz up in the 9th?

Anyhow, I too predict a Harrison upset. Haye's arrogance is swelling at an alarming rate, he clearly believes he will walk right through Harrison, but I see a slow fight with both guys waiting for the counter punches (ala Williams/Harrison in 2005 when neither man would gamble), with an aggravated Haye walking into something late.

vCash

vCash

vCash

David Haye vs Audley Harrison: BIIIG fight in England

David Haye vs Audley Harrison for the WBA belt has sold out the 22,000 MEN arena and is set to do over 700,000 buys in PPV's and be watched by MILLIONS of viewers in pubs and sports bars throughout the country. BIG!

Only fights in recent memory I recall generating this sort of buzz were Lewis/Tyson and Hatton/Mayweather. I even heard two grandmas at a bus stop talking about Lewis/Tyson on the morning of the fight. No lie. Anyway so whether you like Haye and Harrison or not, they have bags more charisma than the Klitschko brothers or any other heavyweight contenders out there.

David Haye has come in at 15 stone (210) and has fast hands, good skills, fragile chin (down at least five times to date) and possibly suspect stamina over 12 rds if hit back.

Audley Harrison has size (18 stone 3 lbs = 255!), longer reach than Valuev, one punch power, but rarely lets his hands go. He was KO'd by a hail mary from veteran Michael Sprott but in fairness Danny Williams, Dominic Guinn and Martin Rogan have all banged him on the chin without sparking him.

Haye is the favourite but a lot of people, including Lennox Lewis, give Audley a very good chance. I for one think Haye's ego is getting bigger than Nikolay Valuev's hairy tits and have a feeling Harrison will take him into the second half of the fight and kayo him.

Any thoughts?

Administrator
    vCash

Re: David Haye vs Audley Harrison: BIIIG fight in England

I'm actually pretty psyched for this fight as an American. I doubt Audley will win but I know he will give the underwhelming yet speedier Haye a run for his money with his reach and fundamentals. Stupid, stupid fight for Haye but I guess its a rite of passage in England.

vCash

I think Harrisons straight left is a very very dangerous punch. Combined with David Hayes suspect jaw I think a upset may be in order. I dont like Harrison though at the 256 or so lbs he has come in at. If he has any stamina problems it isnt gonna help. I dont know why but I still think Audley has it in him to be a top guy. Its just that Im a sucker for a good straight punch with power I guess. Harrison by ko.

vCash

disgracefull fight - for history's sake.

Audley dosn't deserve it - yes he's got a punchers chance, and IF Haye doesn't do him proper then his credibility is at stake...

brave move for Haye, who not only thinks he will destroy him. "He HAS Too"

as for Harrison, nothing against the guy, but for the sake of Boxing, Boxing History and Haye's (the better choice for boxing), future, I hope he punches Audley into a very early good ridens!!!

P.S I will NEVER watch this fight in principal.

Jim.

vCash

vCash

i remember harrisons fight with dom guinn and since then have never seen him as being motivated as a pro fighter. now at 39 i doubt he can handle haye.

of course it would be hard not to be motivated fighting a loud mouth like david haye and i would love to see harrison take him out. i just don't see why so many are thinking it can be done at this stage.

i hope for the sake of the fans in the UK it turns out to be a benn-eubank affair.

greg

vCash

We'll probably see a Bugner type passive effort in there instead. The talking vs. the actual effort in the ring crap. And that can apply to Haye as well---he hardly liked like much of an opportunist against Ruiz and the Valuev bout was just horrible.

vCash

I don't see why Harrison should not get a title shot? Throughout boxing history the European title has got fighters a world ranking & a title shot. Rocky Marciano, Floyd Patterson, Muhammad Ali, Larry Holmes all defended against the European champ. Frank Bruno's European title got him a shot at Witherspoon, Lewis's got him into the mix.

Harrison sparked Michael Sprott, a man who has gone around Europe fighting the best and has been jobbed by home town decisions more times than I can count. Seldom has he been on the floor and Harrison put him down for the count! And with only one arm. The desperation that was lacking against Danny Williams in 05 and Guinn is 06 is now definitely there.

If Harrison lands like this it's over:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP3Q3E9aGVo

vCash

This is the fight I've been waiting for. On paper Harrison has little chance, But a fight is not fought on paper. One thing Audley can do is punch and if he connects on Haye weak chin he could be the new WBA champ. Haye looked good at the weigh in and has speed and power on his side. This is going to be a damn good fight.

vCash

I actually think the oppositie. On paper from a pure physical/style perspective, Harrison is very live in this fight. Decent speed, big, good power, southpaw. One left hand could crack Haye's chin and put him to sleep. Why I picked Harrison for the upset when the fight was announced.

But I rewatched, painfully, some of Harrison's fights on Youtube and like Allan Green he just mentally does not have the right stuff to be a successful fighter at this level despite his physical gifts. I wouldn't be surprised if Haye ends it within a round or two.

vCash

Have you watched his rematch with Danny Williams? He had nothing to lose & came out firing in that one, exactly like he did in the Olympics. Very nice result.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Overhand_Right
    Have you watched his rematch with Danny Williams? He had nothing to lose & came out firing in that one, exactly like he did in the Olympics. Very nice result.
    That's the way I see it. Audley knows this is his last shot. I think his heart is in this fight. At 39 there is no tomorrow. This is also a big fight for Haye to prove he belongs in the HW division. This is going to be a great fight.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Overhand_Right
    I rest my case

Harrison never had and does not have a fighter's heart.

vCash

Just saw it. Horrible! Harrisons performance is way below that of Douglas VS Holyfield.
    Last edited by Theo Netherland; 11-13-2010 at 06:30 PM.

vCash

That was horrible. Goodbye Mr Harrison, don't call us, we'll call you.

vCash

Harrison been KOED in 3.

vCash

Harrison should give the people there money back.

vCash

Audley Harrison made Sam Peter look like Joe Frazier.

vCash

Unfortunately Harrison stayed true to his nature....

Fortunately Pac will stay true to his

vCash

And now take Shannon Briggs last performance in mind…

vCash

This picture sums up the fight, and the character of Harrison, well.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/9187329.stm

vCash

Hagler had it right. That heavy weight of Harrison's had me spooked. But I thought he might come in a tiger. He didnt. NOw we have a heavyweight bout that should be something hbo is interested in. Haye vs either Klit....

vCash

This says a lot about Harrison heart. You can stick a fork in him, He's done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast