Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arturo "Thunder" Gatti vs. Ray "BoomBoom" Mancini

vCash

Arturo "Thunder" Gatti vs. Ray "BoomBoom" Mancini

Who would win this shoot out between these two fiery little Latins. Both tremendous drawing cards with Mancini probably the slightly busier slugger against Gatti having the edge in punching power. Lets make it at 140 lbs.

vCash

Re: Arturo "Thunder" Gatti vs. Ray "BoomBoom" Mancini

Gatti for me. More versatile hitter, and should be abale to handle Ray's shots.

vCash

Both these fiery little Latins (Italians actually) are better fighters when they box.

I would put the Arturo from the second Ward fight in against the Mancini of the Arguello bout and take Mancini to out class Gatti somewhere around the fifth or six round.

Gatti would be looking to jab and move, and so would Mancini who I think would be the aggressor. He would be countering Gatti with hard right hands and getting right to work inside. Gatti would fight him for sure, but methinks Mancini keeps his cool and breaks Gatti down.

Mancini is no Micky Ward, Mancini tougher and better.

vCash

What a matchup!!!!!!!! Got to go with Mancini who had a real good chin and was a better infighter. But if Gatti boxes. Well he could win as Arturo could box very well at lightweight when he chose to.

vCash

I lean towards Mancini. Lets not forget that Angel Manfredy stopped Gatti and Manfredy wasnt the fighter Mancini was. However, as someone else stated, its not out of the question for Gatti to outbox Mancini, but I doubt it.

vCash

Mancini has not stood the test of time to well.

But in his youth, you had to punch him off you. I don't think Gatti absorbs the lickings Bramble put on him for that many rounds and gets stopped earlier. That is an interesting fight too, come to think of it.

Mancini is going to come out firing on all 8 cylinders the second the bell rings. I see Gatti brawling and not being disciplined enough to box for awhile and go after the guy later on in the fight, sort of systematically. He could, but won't because when he gets tagged, he fights back. And does anyone picture the Gatti defense effective enough so he doesn't get hit?

Great fans fight to watch and neither guy is going to wilt easily. The Vegas line for first to bleed or swell might be 2 or 3 rounds.

+ Reply to Thread