Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rolling Stone's Top Ten Bassist's - All Time

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

Rolling Stone's Top Ten Bassist's - All Time

vCash

Re: Rolling Stone's Top Ten Bassist's - All Time

Iím a amateur guitarplayer and believe that most bassplayers are boring. IMO there is one exception.

At 6 John Paul Jones. Iím a Led Zeppelin fan (yeah still) but never had a high esteem for John Paul Jones as a bassplayer. I saw and see him more as a great all-round musicianÖ

And Paul McCartney at three must be a joke. I respect the man very much, maybe heís the musician of the last century, but his bassplaying is amateur level.

Number one: John Entwistle. Thatís my man! What a player! I followed his bass lessons on youtube, who are removed, and my hands started wanting a bass guitar. As a Deep Purple fan I always wanted him in. That would have made a super super band! IMO that is.

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

Re: Rolling Stone's Top Ten Bassist's - All Time

Your statement proves you are an amateur guitarist. To claim that bass playing is "boring" is incredibly uninformed. "Open your ears & mind & your ass will follow", to paraphrase the old blues song...

GorDoom

+ Reply to Thread