Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Morbidly obese Sam Peter demolished in Germany

vCash

Morbidly obese Sam Peter demolished in Germany

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDV7ROULZVs

Sam Peter comes in at a career high 260 and rightfully gets whacked by novice Robert Helenius. Clean KO.

Another waste of space, fat passionless heavyweight, Lamon Brewster, was also retired not long ago by Helenius.

Helenius is another European robot - dull, tall, straight up, but boxes well enough to clean up the detritus in this era. He's been matched the way prospects should be matched and is delivering but wow he does not look the part - balding and no physique whatsoever.

Good to see this fat disappointment sent packing but heavyweight boxing since the retirement of Lennox has been APPALLING. There is no class anymore and surely this is the result - men now in their 20's simply did not grow up with boxing on terrestrial TV when they were children/teenagers.

vCash

Re: Morbidly obese Sam Peter demolished in Germany

good snap on his punches though. He may surprise....

vCash

Sammy, it's over. I hope I never see him again in the ring.

Administrator
    vCash

Wow. Just like OR said, he Helenius may not look the part but he's getting these guys out of there.
    He has a decent reach and apparently some decent strength behind an unassuming body.
    That was a peach of a hook that turned off Peter.
    Helenius seems pretty relaxed in the ring too.
    Hard to believe this guy is only 27, it'll be interesting to see how he progresses.

vCash

what does balding have to do with being a good boxer or anything beside the fact that the hair on your head is dissapearing? I'm not taking that statement personally I have a full head, I do agree about the physique, Helenius has a very average looking body, like your average guy that isn't in terrible shape but never works out,

as for the fight, for the first few rounds I thought that Helenius was just a lesser skilled Klitschko clone, very upright, no head movement etc.. Helenius mentioned in the post fight interview that he was nervous for the first 5 rounds or so,

I thought he did well, he also took numerous flush bombs from Peter without too much bother, I'm sure they hurt but he wasn't wobbled,

the knockdowns were beautiful, Peter was gone after the first and the follow up right handd left hook had some serious mustard, Peter's career is over.

vCash

I haven't seen 3 more out of shape guys in a boxing ring together in a long time, the ref, Sam Peter and Robert Helenius. Good right hand and long left hook with the thumb up finisher, it was done well, but damn brother try to get the whole body from top to bottom in better shape to deal with the guys who are in shape down the line. Fernando Llamas and Billy Crystal could explain it better.

vCash

This Euro stiff looks like someone that works at Best Buy, he's going nowhere,

WKS

vCash

I agree, the receding hairline has zilch to do with anything as far as boxing ability goes, it just sort of adds to his image, he sort of reminds me of those weird looking 90's travelling stiffs we'd routinely see get whacked by Alex Garcia, Tommy Morrison and Larry Holmes on USA Network. He has decent skills, good power, but why oh why does a young guy who surely must train regularly and has ambition to be the champ have such a soft looking body?

That physique surely cannot be the result of intense training and good diet?

The guy is 27 and 240! Imagine how fast & sharp he'd be at 220?
    Last edited by Overhand_Right; 04-04-2011 at 04:34 PM.

Administrator
    vCash

Well for a 27yr old guy, his look warrants some harmless commentary IMO.
    As far as physiques, Larry Holmes was far from a Mr Universe - let's just see what the guy does from here.

The wins over Peter and Brewster at least put him on the heavyweight map.
    Granted they were Klit-softened before he got to them but the end story was that he did was he should have done as a prospect.
    I heard he had a slow start with Peter & took some leather in the beginning.
    Did anyone actually see this fight or see more than a few rounds of Helenius before?

vCash

There's no comparison to Larry Holmes physique, surely? Holmes was cut and toned, with some muscle. He looked like an elite athlete. Helenius is just... indescribable.

I've seen him box Brewster, Levin and the end of the Peter bout. He boxes okay, nothing spectacular, gets the job done over passionless fat heavies with no head movement or condition. I do like him for that.

Administrator
    vCash

Yeah maybe that was taking it too far. Larry was obviously in better shape, just making the point that he wasn't necessarily sporting a Haye-looking physique.

Well hopefully he can make a few $ cleaning up the slop.
    With his height & strength, maybe he can be someone to surprise the big Klit on his way down one day (providing the guy can take a shot).
    At least it seems like he isn't afraid to throw once he gets comfy & I guess it's slightly better than watching Wlad jab for 10 rounds straight anyway...

vCash

sign this guy with haye right now....

greg

vCash

Agree Greg/ I think hed ko Davie Boy.....

vCash

You might want to see Atilla Levin stagger him before picking him over the likes of Haye.

+ Reply to Thread