Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Wlad-Haye, July 2nd

Administrator
    vCash

Wlad-Haye, July 2nd

It will be Wladimir who faces Haye in a title unification fight on June 25 or July 2 at a venue to be determined and Vitali who will face Adamek on Sept. 10 in Adamek's native Poland, Bernd Boente, who manages the brothers, told ESPN.com on Wednesday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=6301800

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

Re: It's final (for now) - Wlad-Haye & Vitali-Adamek

Does anybody really give a shit about this fight? A career underachiever against a no-hoper. The Thrillah In Manila this ain't gonna be... I mean is there really anybody on the edge of their seats that can't wait for this fight???

GorDoom

vCash

Gordo, you mean these aren't the fights that will cement the Klit's greatness? Nah...

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

Cemented is where Lil Klit belongs....

GorDoom

vCash

Man, I don't like the idea of Adamek taking on a 285 pound McBride to prepare for this guy.

vCash

Yeah, when these two fights take place in front of upwards of 100-120,000 tickets sold total between the two of them, I'll be thinking "Does anyone really care about these fights?"

I'm personally looking forward to both matches if these end up being what goes down, moreso Haye-Wlad which, outside of Pacquiao-Mayweather, is the biggest fight in the world and HUGE event. These are the best possible foes for each man and Haye in particular is super live. He has speed, power, and explosiveness otherwise lacking in class right now. Adamek is technically sound and Vitali is slipping a bit which means the straight punching of Adamek could make a tough night.
    Last edited by Crold1; 04-09-2011 at 06:44 PM.

vCash

Man, boxing's devolved when anything involving Wlad can be described as a "Huge Event".

EMF

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Every Mother's Fear View Post
    Man, boxing's devolved when anything involving Wlad can be described as a "Huge Event".

EMF
    Indeed...they'll inspire so much apathy that the threads for those fights here will run what? 70-80 posts? I'd say over 100 since these fights will inspire more attention.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Crold1 View Post
    Yeah, when these two fights take place in front of upwards of 100-120,000 tickets sold total between the two of them, I'll be thinking "Does anyone really care about these fights?"

I'm personally looking forward to both matches if these end up being what goes down, moreso Haye-Wlad which, outside of Pacquiao-Mayweather, is the biggest fight in the world and HUGE event. These are the best possible foes for each man and Haye in particular is super live. He has speed, power, and explosiveness otherwise lacking in class right now. Adamek is technically sound and Vitali is slipping a bit which means the straight punching of Adamek could make a tough night.
    All due respect, Adamek has had six fights at heavy, against less than stellar opponents. A TKO against an old Golota isn't very impressive. Beating up an overweight plodding Chris Areola doesn't impress me either. Vitaly by late round stoppage...late because Adamek can take a punch, but not many from big Klit. Wlad vs. Haye will be a more competitive fight in my opinion.

vCash

Klitschko-Haye: A Real Heavyweight Championship Fight

By Cliff Rold

There is no guarantee it will be a good fight. Given that the two men competing have both been stopped before, and rocked plenty, only a fool would guarantee a long fight.

But, damn it all, for the first time since Lennox Lewis and Vitali Klitschko decided to say the hell with it and jump on each other at short notice, we’ve got a real “World Heavyweight Championship” fight.

Oh, sure, there have been plenty of ‘title fights’ since that last big one in the summer of 2003. A few were entertaining. One, Sergei Liakhovich’s 2006 WBO belt win over Lamon Brewster, earned being remembered as a great fight. None of them are what now looks certain for July 2nd in Hamburg, Germany.

Wladimir Klitschko

Vs.

David Haye

Get it?

It’s center spaced for magnitude.

Seriously though, this is the sort of fight the marquee has light bulbs for.

It’s a grudge match featuring a lineal World Champion in Klitschko (55-3, 49 KO) and a former lineal Cruiserweight king with a WBA belt of his own among the big boys in Haye (25-1, 23 KO).

Klitschko has won 13 straight, 10 early, since his last stoppage loss (and his losses all share the trait) while winning IBF and WBO honors.

Haye has gone the route twice in fifteen consecutive wins, across two divisions, since being stopped in his lone 2004 loss.

Building since the summer of 2009 when Haye pulled out first from a fight with Wladimir and then, later, walked out on negotiations with Vitali, this is the sort of main event Heavyweight boxing has been missing.

The real thing.

Longtime fight followers know what that means. This isn’t just a fight and, in fact, it remains to be seen just how much fight there will be. Regardless, this will be an event, something that always feels most special at the top of the boxing food chain. Over 50,000 will be on hand in Germany with literally millions watching in Britain, Germany, the U.S., and the states of the former Soviet Union.

One could point out Klitschko has done stadium fights already. Haye has put his share of butts in seats as well. It’s true. They are Heavyweight boxing stars of the highest order even if that order, for now, exists largely outside the U.S. To the sizable corners of the fistic universe that follow them, they are established big deals.

But this fight isn’t their normal big deal.

In the 1990s, Mike Tyson sold out the same MGM Grand for Peter McNeely that he did for both Evander Holyfield fights. The pay-per-view numbers were even of a relatively similar scale. That did not make the contests of the same magnitude. It takes two genuine players, on the same stage, to make an event.

Read the Rest

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    vCash

8 "Greatest" KO's Of David Haye's Career

vCash

Re: 8 "Greatest" KO's Of David Haye's Career

impressive. i was impressed. dave has fast hands and he punches straight and correct. big test for klitchko in my opinion. if dave can jab with him and come forward with it, it could be a short nite given wlads chin.

vCash

Are you kidding, Rock? Haye is so bloddy sloppy. I find him totally amateurish. He has some power, but zero quality wins at heavyweight. Only Wlad's bad chin gives Haye ANY chance. If Haye were facing a prime Tyson or Frazier, or Foreman or even Lewis, there is NO WAY he lasts more than two rounds. A fight against Tyson would take less time than Tyson-Spinks.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Jackson View Post
    Are you kidding, Rock? Haye is so bloddy sloppy. I find him totally amateurish. He has some power, but zero quality wins at heavyweight. Only Wlad's bad chin gives Haye ANY chance. If Haye were facing a prime Tyson or Frazier, or Foreman or even Lewis, there is NO WAY he lasts more than two rounds. A fight against Tyson would take less time than Tyson-Spinks.
    Agreed.

I haven't seen much of David Haye but in the last few days I've watching quite a few of his fight. Some are impressive but against very, very poor opposition. But at moments, he does look sloppy. I guess we'll see how good he really is.

Personally, Wlad is too well schooled. Too smart, too good. The only chance Haye has is the chin. Haye has never seen a guy this big, with good handspeed and can punish you everywhere and anywhere he connects.

Stoppage, middle rounds.

vCash

I agree, but we are talking a punchers chance. He has that if he can make DISTANCE. Wlad at this time is a master of distance. But Wlad has a so so chin like many others with great offensive skills. Hense I say a punchers chance. i pick Wlad no doubt, but Haye has a fine straight right and a good jab and against a weak chin that gives one a punchers chance. Again I say if Haye jabs with him and can make up distance to throw the Hayemaker it can be a contest of excitement. If Wlad stays in his comfort zone its over. I think you are missing somewhat on Haye. He has skills and talent. RuiZ thought so and he fought most of the top heavies to compare.

vCash

Well fortunatley for Haye he doesn't even have to fight the contenders of that era let alone the champions of now...

vCash

Agree Doom, but we are talking about "Now". Nothings as good as it used to be brother...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by doomeddisciple View Post
    Well fortunatley for Haye he doesn't even have to fight the contenders of that era let alone the champions of now...
    To be fair to Haye he recently stated in a TV interview that as much as he would have liked to have tested himself against the Heavyweights of the 70's he doubts he would have beaten them as they were just too tough and too good. He also stated thet his lagacy will not compare to fellow Brit Lennox Lewis and he doesnt consider himself an all time great. Haye seems very self aware, he even named his son Cassius Haye!!!!

vCash

With wlads less than stellar chin and david hayes combination of speed and power a David Haye win isn't out of the question. Wlad is there to be hit, as good as he is technically for his size he is still relatively ponderous. If David Haye get's in their, moves, and looks for the homerun shot he may very well make it. More likely wlad systematically takes him apart but still it's interesting.

vCash

Haye will be exposed next weekend. His problem is that he didn't fight any relatively ok heavies before Klitschko. Should have tried Arreola or someone like that first.

vCash

I saw the HBO one on one across the table with Kellerman, Haye and Klit tonight. Man when he refused to shake Wladimir's hand did that come over as a punk rat thing to do. What a mouth on Haye aside from any promotional thing, waaaay over the line with the mouth. Klit should have strangled him and the Devil take the consequences. Klit took much too much shit, sorry but it looked bad, he should have gone berserk on him. Taking shit like that is never worth it, sorry, but it is true.

vCash

He NEVER should have offered to shake his hand after what he said, did not come over as a gentleman to me but W.E.A.K. Should have stared him down and said when I get you in that ring I will break your fucking face in. That would sell more tickets than kissing his ass for him with a handshake offer after he disrespected him and his brother so badly.

vCash

When I see both man together I always have the impression that Klit is confident and Haye pretends to be that. I’d hear Haye’s remarks like ‘I got under his skin’. IMO the opposite is true and Klit is already under the skin of Haye and Haye says this to give himself confident. My impression of the body language of both man is that Haye’s is too obvious made up. In reality he feels small and unsure but he needs to level up with Klit.

Whatever, I’m very exited for this fight. Can’t wait for July the second.

vCash

Haye is obviously more gifted in expressing himself verbally and has a better command of the English language, and he appeared to get under Klitchsko's skin just slightly,

I did not see the second handshake attempt as being weak on Klitschkos part, on the contrary, Talking is one thing, and like I said Haye is confident in talking, but a lot more can be gauged by a handshake;

Is the hand clammy, is it shaking, is the hand shake limp or overly aggressive like when you shake someones hand and they try to crush it to prove something,

It seemed like Haye was afraid to make that physical contact,

Finally, Haye is funny but he behaves like a child and at the end of the day I'm sure Wladimir feels like the mature man out of the two and doesn't have it in him to go down to the immature school yard antics of Haye,

vCash

I agree with Theo on this one. I am not sure I have ever seen someone with a more faked bravado than Haye. He looks terrified to me. And he appears to have the maturity of a poorly educated teenager. He drops F-Bombs throughout the interview without any wit or class. He knows that getting lucky is the only way he wins that fight. I will be curious to see if he even puts himself in position to try and hit Wlad's china chin, or just fold the first time he gets tagged by Wlad's jab. let's not forget that Haye has a horrible chin too, and is far more technically flawed (and smaller). The more I think about it, Haye's trash talk reminded me of Tyson late in his career when he knew he had nothing left. Versus Lennox Lewis he talked more and acted crazier (the Holyfield ear munching incident aside) than he ever had in his whole career. When it came time to fight, it was clear he didn't have it anymore. Earlier in his career when he was at the top of his game and destroying everybody, Tyson really didn't have to say shit. Talk is cheap. So is David Haye.

vCash

The more I think about it, Haye's trash talk reminded me of Tyson late in his career when he knew he had nothing left. Versus Lennox Lewis he talked more and acted crazier (the Holyfield ear munching incident aside) than he ever had in his whole career. When it came time to fight, it was clear he didn't have it anymore. Earlier in his career when he was at the top of his game and destroying everybody, Tyson really didn't have to say shit. .
    Tyson talked a little sh%^

"How dare these guys come fight me with their primitive skills? . . .they are as good as dead"

Still my favorite Tyson quote of all time.

vCash

I give Haye a real shot here. If Wlad doesn't bust Haye up early. I think his hand speed comes in to play. Haye has to have head movement and a strong jab to get within punching range. Unlike his brother Wlad does have a good left hook that Haye has to look out for. Wlad moves straight back which is a boxing no no and may cost him the fight. I can see Haye rushing in while Wlad backs up. Landing his big right hands. I have picked Wlad in all his fights for years. Not this one. He's getting older and seems not to love boxing anymore.

vCash

Re: Wlad-Haye & Vitali-Adamek

Haye's trash talk is par for his course. I think he is supremely confident and trying to punk Wlad. I think it's working to at least make Wlad act out of public character. I've been around dudes who really just can't handle being talked trash too, especially when everything they say back sounds corny and they know it. Wlad, on HBO and at multiple press conferences, has gotten visibly aggravated when Haye "interrupts" him. Haye has made a point of calling Wlad a control freak in respect to it and some of it makes sense.

I'm not one for pop psychology crap, but there is a serious mental game going on here. We won't know until the fight ends what it means.

Looking forward to finding out next weekend.

Administrator
    vCash

Ditto on that, Cliff.
    I liked watching Max's little interview with the 2 of them.
    It's funny to watch Wlad deal with Haye.
    It seemed as if he wanted to get up and punch him.

Well we got 2 big punchers with both with vulnerable chins and animosity towards each other.
    This is about as good at is can get in a heavyweight match up these days.

Haye has a puncher's chance but I still think Wlad will control the action at the end of the day & knock him out.
    Haye isn't facing Monte Barrett's punching power or Valuev's speed this time around.
    He will not get up off the canvas multiple times after Wlad's shots and I don't think he can punch harder than Peter or Sanders.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by diggity View Post
    Ditto on that, Cliff.
    I liked watching Max's little interview with the 2 of them.
    It's funny to watch Wlad deal with Haye.
    It seemed as if he wanted to get up and punch him.

Well we got 2 big punchers with both with vulnerable chins and animosity towards each other.
    This is about as good at is can get in a heavyweight match up these days.

Haye has a puncher's chance but I still think Wlad will control the action at the end of the day & knock him out.
    Haye isn't facing Monte Barrett's punching power or Valuev's speed this time around.
    He will not get up off the canvas multiple times after Wlad's shots and I don't think he can punch harder than Peter or Sanders.
    Not sold on picking him yet but been reviewing fights of both all day today and Haye is like watching humanity in fast forward compared to everyone Wlad has fought since Sanders (including Brewster who had a quick left and Brock and Chambers who have competent quicks).

No one else is the Heavyweight division can close and explode through gaps like Haye right now.

Haye responds better to getting tagged than Wlad and Wlad rarely does miracle one punch endings. Each guy has a gas night (Purrity and Thompson) but the most hurt Haye has been in years was Mormeck and that was largely a result of a blind right while he was slipping on corner paint. Wlad just hasn't been touched much but when he did, in Brewster (whose body work was more ciritical than I recalled and Haye goes to the flanks hard) and Peter I, when he did his legs were rubber. It's so obvious rewatching just how inept Peter is. NO jab, at all.

All of them...Chagaev, Peter, Brock, even Byrd and Chambers, just stand right in front of him. Of course they get pinned by the jab...they don't step to the side.

At all.

But it's in Germany...

...but the REAL money would be Haye-Vitali if the upset happens...

Here's a question one has to consider...

How much is Haye going to have to be willing to flirt with a DQ? There's no doubt Wlad gets away with holding; I think Haye will be called on anything even borderline to the back of the head but he'll have to toss some of it when Wlad clinches early (and he lands a hard left to the cheek there too).

Left hooks could be huge for both...Haye holds his hands low but that can work as a sucker move for Wlad's right.

Seriously, it's just plain fun to have a Heavyweight fight worth caring about.
    Last edited by Crold1; 06-26-2011 at 05:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast