Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Wlad-Haye, July 2nd

vCash

Re: Wlad-Haye & Vitali-Adamek

P.S.

Overhand just count yourself lucky in my job I have to deal with these drunken Chavs for 40 hours a week/

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rocky111 View Post
    I was neutral as to who wins, but seeing and hearing the effeminine fans from england screaming and acting like teenaged girls made me sick. What happened to the old fashioned gentlemanly manly englishman? Where did these jerks come from? The Klitchkos acted like men and didnt respond to that idiotic behavior.
    Rocky, please don't tar us all with the same brush there are still plenty of Gents here in the UK. I am sure in the USA you have sections of society you are ashamed of and it's the same here in the UK.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Overhand_Right View Post
    I'd like to 'think' travelling British sports fans are NOT indicative of regular English men. They're a bunch of unintelligent, illiterate louts, primarily football fans with their lewd football chants, who travel for a piss up and scream very loudly for a boxer they probably in truth don't know much about -- absolutely NOTHING like rugby crowds, tennis crowds, athletics etc.

The German audience are such a classy type, suited up, sipping champagne, politely watching the fights, I absolutely shudder to think how these travelling thugs are going to represent us tonight -- I expect horrendous chants about Hitler, jeering the German national anthem, generally disgracing us as they always do with their Neanderthal ways. Very sad men, who probably don't have much of a life or career outside of their aggressive football fixation.
    It's really a shame as they tarnish the image of the U.K. all over the world ... my first exposure to it was after the Hagler - Minter nout where flying bottles filled the ring ... truly tasteless slobs ... of course not accurate reflections of the UK but it does take it's toll ...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KOJOE90 View Post
    P.S.

Overhand just count yourself lucky in my job I have to deal with these drunken Chavs for 40 hours a week/

How you don't reach out & throttle them I will never know.

vCash

The Ledgers

Wladimir Klitschko
    Title: Lineal/Ring World Heavyweight (2009-Present, 2 Defenses); IBF (2006-Present, 9 Defenses); WBO (2008-Present, 5 Defenses)
    Previous Titles: WBO (2000-03, 5 Defenses)
    Height: 66
    Weight: 242.6 lbs.
    Average Weight Last Five Fights: 243.55 lbs.
    Hails from: Kiev, Ukraine
    Record: 55-3, 49 KO, 3 KOBY
    BoxingScene Rank: World Champion
    Record in Title Fights: 16-2, 14 KO, 2 KOBY
    Current/Former World Champions/Titlists Defeated: 7 (Chris Byrd, Ray Mercer, Sam Peter, Lamon Brewster, Sultan Ibragimov, Hasim Rahman, Ruslan Chagaev)
    Current/Former World Champions/Titlists Faced in Defeat: 2 (Corrie Sanders, Lamon Brewster)

Vs.

David Haye
    Current Title: WBA Heavyweight (2009-Present, 2 Defenses)
    Previous Title: Lineal World/Ring Magazine/WBC/WBA Cruiserweight (2007-08, 1 Defense); WBO Cruiserweight (2008)
    Height: 63
    Weight: 212.8 lbs.

Average Weight - Five Most Recent Fights: 212.5 lbs.
    Hails from: London, United Kingdom

Record: 25-1, 23 KO, 1 KOBY

BoxingScene Rank: #2 at Heavyweight
    Record in Title Fights: 5-0, 4 KO
    Current/Former World Champions/Titlists Defeated: 6 (Arthur Williams, Giacobbe Fragomeni, Jean Marc Mormeck, Enzo Maccarinelli, Nicolay Valuev, John Ruiz)
    Current/Former World Champions/Titlists Faced in Defeat: 1 (Carl Thompson)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rocky111 View Post
    I was neutral as to who wins, but seeing and hearing the effeminine fans from england screaming and acting like teenaged girls made me sick. What happened to the old fashioned gentlemanly manly englishman? Where did these jerks come from? The Klitchkos acted like men and didnt respond to that idiotic behavior. If this is what a liberated society produces I got to back off. Give me a Klitchko vic just to disapoint these goofs. BUT I always compare Wlad to Tommy Hearns. Great skills, lots of heart, but a glass chin. Anything can happen with dice like that.
    R. 100% right Rocky, it made me sick too, I hate that as much as corner men who are not fighting in the ring trying to act tough and intimidate the other boxer or cause trouble. Angelo Dundee was always respectful to the opponents, class act always.
    Same with most of the great champions. Those fans acted like bratty little girls.

vCash

Every nation has 'hooligan' elements; the footballers shouldn't be seen as 'representing' the UK just as much as the post-Golota/Bowe mob didn't 'represent' the United States . . .it's just that our thugs don't travel as much.

vCash

Respectfully, based on population I don't even see how u can compare the two. You have to cherry pick an event from fifteen years ago for a US example when it appears the behavior we are seeing is very common from UK sport crowds. I only point this out because to minimize it practically endorses it and to say it is the same in the US is simply untrue ... we have plenty of our own problems but thankfully this is not on the UK scale.

Administrator
    vCash

Maybe I'm just a scalawag too, but I just see it as a bunch of people having a good time and showing support for a sport that needs all the help it can get.
    As long as Hamburg doesn't turn into Vancouver when one of them loses, I don't have a problem with it.
    Yeah its a bit of harsh behavoir but at the end of a day it's just a sport.

I kind of hope Haye wins so Vitaly could destroy him at some point next year.
    Then one person would finally have all of the belts & we can all be happy.
    I think Vitaly is foaming at the mouth internally for the chance to get his hands on him.
    Haye has a shot at Wlad but I don't see him as having a prayer against VK.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by diggity View Post
    Maybe I'm just a scalawag too, but I just see it as a bunch of people having a good time and showing support for a sport that needs all the help it can get.
    As long as Hamburg doesn't turn into Vancouver when one of them loses, I don't have a problem with it.

I think Vitaly is foaming at the mouth internally for the chance to get his hands on him.
    I'm with you bud. A few punks don't undo that most of the Brit fans are loud, proud and remind that boxing should be fun.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by diggity View Post

Would have liked to have seen a Prime Bowe across the table from Haye in the Kellerman interview, wonder if it might have changed the dynamics at all....?
    Yep Digg, Vit though getting aged might be a Klit too far for Haye, too good of a beard, we'll see how this afternoon's spectacle plays out....

vCash

Heavy rain is falling in Germany and this is an outdoor fight, but the fight is still going ahead.

vCash

This is from may.

vCash

had a dream about the outcome last night, actually in this particular dream there were two outcomes,

first outcome was the bad one, while in close, Wlad landed a short jab that dropped Haye who to disguise it, fell into Wlad and both fighters fell to the floor, when they stood up, Haye had a leg injury and was unable to continue, I guess this dream comes from the disappointment that a lot of heavily hyped fights often end from injuries,

the second outcome was that someone changed the channel while I was watching the fight and when I changed it back the fight was over with the replay of Wlad kayoing Haye in the first round playing,

yes, Wlad kayo 1, most likely knocking Haye out with a jab,

vCash

Re: Wlad - Haye Air Time in US ...

This fight is one steamy pile, Haye is a bum and Klitschko isn't much better, Ruiz was more effective against Haye

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by prototypeofamodernmadman View Post
    This fight is one steamy pile, Haye is a bum and Klitschko isn't much better, Ruiz was more effective against Haye
    Updates please? Family emergency at the last minute has me nowhere near a tv with HBO.

vCash

Waiting for decision....close fight.

vCash

Decision? Snoozer of a fight huh?

vCash

Klit won a unanimous decison.

vCash

Haye talked like Ali and fought like Sultan Dirrell (cheeky reference I know). Awful fight and all Hayes' fault.

vCash

I watched the fight on a bad computer feed with the image often feezing for lengths of time but from what I saw Haye troubled Klit with his movement and speed but was often out of range which saw him lung in alot and was often off balance. Klit for his part was his usual robotic self and was unimpressive.

Administrator
    vCash

Total & utter garbage
    I knew the fight would look like this & prayed I would be wrong.
    I found it amazing Haye never went for broke.
    He is a piece of work.
    Wlad is what he is but I couldn't care less if Haye ever fought again.
    I can't remember someone putting up such empty threats time & time again.

vCash

That fight sucked and it was both fighter's fault, although Haye should get more blame because of his pre-fight talk. Haye as I've said before is just a finesse fighter . . .single counter-shots, barely no jab (although he was successful with it when he threw it), nothing to set his power shots up, flat-footed etc.

This division is utter and truly dead. This fight certainly didn't do anything to raise Wlad's stock in the U.S., although his comment regarding how HBO had last shown the Ibragimov fight and now when he returns, another boring 12 round decision. I don't care who fights who anymore. Just pile the dirt on top of the coffin . .

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 10-8 View Post
    I watched the fight on a bad computer feed with the image often feezing for lengths of time but from what I saw Haye troubled Klit with his movement and speed but was often out of range which saw him lung in alot and was often off balance. Klit for his part was his usual robotic self and was unimpressive.
    I don't think Haye "troubled" anybody.....

vCash

Jack Dempsey Haye ain't.....

I don't think any knowledgeable fan expected Haye to live up to his mouth, but he could have pressed harder as he looked decent when he dictated, then fell way behind waiting
    on one or two big shots.
    I kept thinking while watching this fight Wlad looks SO damn uncomfortable in there,
    like he would rather be anywhere else, after 59 professional fights!
    Haye did mark up Wlad's face good, and hurt him in the last round, but too little too late.
    A fight where both fighter's stock drops...IMO

vCash

Boy was I wrong. Just another big mouth who couldn't back it up.

vCash

that was it, that was the biggest heavyweight fight in a decade, they should have sang God save our heavyweight division in place of the English national anthem before this bout,

if Haye wasn't nervous or scared at the face off then he certainly looked to be very tight at the weigh in and for most of the fight, Hayes punches were beyond amateurish thrown from a million miles away, wide slower and more telegraphed than ever, I loved it when the ref started counting after Haye flopped to the canvas for the 25th time, that joker whined to the ref all night, and how about that terribly lame excuse of the broken toe at the end,

now, with what he had in front of him, Klitschko sure was wayyy overly patient, c'mon, just let your hands go, he took the best punches that Haye was capable of throwing without appearing even the slightest bit bothered, you have to give Wlad a lot of credit for pushing the fight and pressuring Haye the entire rout though, problem is that isn't where Wlad is effective, he's much better having guys come to him and catching them on the way in or when they make a mistake,

10-8, it was not in any way a close fight, this was a washout, you have to land a lot more than 1 wild right hand every 3 rounds to win a heavyweight championship,

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by prototypeofamodernmadman View Post
    10-8, it was not in any way a close fight, this was a washout, you have to land a lot more than 1 wild right hand every 3 rounds to win a heavyweight championship,
    As I said, I was viewing the fight on an internet feed that would freeze for 30 seconds after about ten seconds of action plus the commentary was in Russian so it was very frustrating and difficult to accurately gauge the fight.

vCash

I was really looking forward to a shoot out. It was nothing short of pathetic for a heavyweight title fight with so many belts on the line.

Haye disgraced himself after all he said he would do. He fought scared all night and tried once in awhile then just stopped trying. That whining to the ref was the pits, Gino made a terrible call in taking a point away from Klit, Ali, Foreman, Lewis all did that shit, its part of boxing.

Then Gino calls a knockdown and HBO guys actually let that slide, yes Haye was aggravating with his flopsie mopsie flops, but a knockdown? Come on no commentator grills the referee for that?

Klit was so overly cautious that between them both not trying it was not even a semi final GG bout as to excitement.

To think they actually get paid for this in this economy is a joke.

"I had a broken toe but I did not tell anyone." SHEEEEEEEEEET!

You ran all night mate, you talked a lot of vile shit and ran like a little girl. Then put your hands up when the fight was over like you won. LMAO Send in the dancing bears.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Lipton View Post
    "I had a broken toe but I did not tell anyone." SHEEEEEEEEEET!
    He needs to be told that the toe is a long way from the heart.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast