Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Wlad-Haye, July 2nd

vCash

Re: Wlad-Haye & Vitali-Adamek

Haye did his best to knock Wlad out........

Problem was he attempted it at the 2:50 mark of many of the later rounds , then he

had the sanctuary of the stool.

Administrator
    vCash

Exactly my thoughts.
    It was all about the broken toe - which he so bravely took of his shoe to demonstrate.
    What a fucking joke.

Everyone, do yourselves a favor and watch the UFC card tonight.
    That will actually breed some fireworks by people who didn't promise them or make up t-shirts to think that they were going to happen.

vCash

Poor Wlad ... again no credit for a decent performance ... Haye was lightning fast and well conditioned .. he just could do nothing against Klits extremely difficult style. If he had balls he might have tried to lay it all on the line but where have we ever seen him to that against a guys of Wlad's caliber ? Haye simply talked himself into a big fight but never earned it ... another win for Wlad, boring but effective and a very tough match up for most ...

vCash

True, but no aggressiveness, all tentative caution on the part of Wlad, who I like as a person, but his height, weight, reach could be used by another spirit within that powerful body to FIGHT AGGRESSIVELY and go after a smaller man who is outweighed by 30 pounds for God's sake and break his ass in half for what he said about him and his brother. In other words Jake Dempsey, Mike Tyson, Marciano his ass into oblivion. If you paid me 25 plus million and I was 6'7" and weighed 242 pounds you could put me in there with any 212 pound man from the Roman Coliseum until now and I would fight like a maniac with my ass on fire.

This kind of boring shit, ultra caution on both their parts stinks like a dead fish, come on now, pawing with a jab, holding when a little guy comes inside, no left hooks, no body punching, it is a shameful lack of effort and a shameful lack of firepower utilized.

It is NOT the way to go for the boxing fans who pay good money to see a FIGHT! Not a waltz between two frightened men who are scared of being hit in the face.

vCash

The outcome is no great surprise. Thought Haye had a chance if he was willing to show some intestinal fortitude. Take a risk, stand in the pocket, and try to light him up with his superior hand speed. Wishful thinking. The fact that Wlad failed to put away the smaller man whom he otherwise thoroughly dominated is indicative of his shortcomings as a fighter.

vCash

Haye really embarrassed himself after all the big talk. Both men had a fragile opponent in front of them but neither had the nuts to go in and destroy him. Wlad we have come to expect that, he really is one of the most unimpressive heavyweight champs of all time. Haye, after everything he said, I can't believe how little he did and how he spectacularly failed to back up his words.

I hope Haye feels completely humiliated and we never have to hear his mouth nor watch his stinky ultra-boring style of fighting EVER AGAIN. His very name now makes me wince.

vCash

Wlad is the best modern version of Primo Carnera except he has true KO power .. he knows his chin is weak and uses his physical advantages to his greatest advantages .. he is patient, extremely smart and does not take risks ... if the KO comes , it comes .. this is who the man is .. he is not going to go balls to the wall ever because then he's playing roulette ... at 35 years old he showed good skills, good stamina and exceptional maturity .. he is not exciting and no rational person can call him the greatest of all time but he is highly effective and would beat many, many great fighters based on his size and style .. Haye was very talented and in great condition. He was simply nullified .

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by HE Grant View Post
    Haye was very talented and in great condition. He was simply nullified .
    This makes me wonder if a 210 lb guy without an ounce of fat on his body, belongs in the ring, with a 240 lb guy who also hasn't an ounce of fat. It’s almost of the same ratio as a light heavyweight who fights a heavyweight.

vCash

A very fair question and one I ask quite often ... only in the heavyweight division does such a huge difference exist ..

Back to Haye .. just rewatched the post fight and the ironic thing is that his foot did look damaged and it definitely could have impacted his performance ... he was just so arrogant in promoting the fight few seem to want to give him any benefit of the doubt ... he will have to build himself back up ... anyone know how much these guys made for the fight ?

vCash

Primo had no where near the speed, athleticism, feet, or fluidity of Wlad. That's kind of what is so frustrating. Wlad is almost the total package...but against a guy who is just going in circles, doesn't step up and land more than an average of less than 3 power punches a round.

I got excited because I thought Haye might go for it, figured we'd get a fight either way that looked like that but with a nice ending a good six rounds earlier.

Nope.

Uugh.
    Last edited by Crold1; 07-03-2011 at 08:53 AM.

vCash

anyone know how much these guys made for the fight ?
    If I were Haye I still would be very happy after this loss:

When WBA champion David Haye finally faces off against the IBF and WBO title holder Wladimir Klitschko in their heavyweight unification bout on Saturday, it's estimated the fighters will each earn £10m regardless of the outcome. Such a sum would be Haye's biggest career purse to date.

His last fight, in November 2010 against Audley Harrison, earned him £4.2m, while victory over Russian Nicolai Valuev in 2009 won him a world heavyweight title plus £2.1m.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13943609

vCash

Here's the complete British broadcasting of the fight.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Theo Netherland View Post
    This makes me wonder if a 210 lb guy without an ounce of fat on his body, belongs in the ring, with a 240 lb guy who also hasn't an ounce of fat. It’s almost of the same ratio as a light heavyweight who fights a heavyweight.
    Ae you joking? Haye is far and away from any sort of great heavyweight and he went the distance, I thought made it semi competitive (I gave him 4 rounds, which I thought he was able to effectively 'steal'), and hurt Klitschko more in the 12th than Haye ever was. Put a great 'little' man in there and it's a completly different story.
    Haye is on the same level as a Mac Foster-level fighter and that is probably being too generous.
    Last edited by hagler04; 07-03-2011 at 10:19 AM.

vCash

I agree .. that's why I say a best modern version .. the problem is the chin, plain and simple .. Haye was very fast and hard to hit, he fought a survival fight ...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hagler04 View Post
    Ae you joking? Haye is far and away from any sort of great heavyweight and he went the distance, I thought made it semi competitive (I gave him 4 rounds, which I thought he was able to effectively 'steal'), and hurt Klitschko more in the 12th than Haye ever was. Put a great 'little' man in there and it's a completly different story.
    Haye is on the same level as a Mac Foster-level fighter and that is probably being too generous.
    I agree with your score. I had him ahead after the seventh because he would land a bomb or two in some rounds and slip the jabs coming back; had Wlad sweeping to the end. Even hurting Wlad a little early in the 12th, the champ came back well and the round was watchable.

vCash

Thank you for posting this ... very interesting take on fight ..

vCash

Thank you for posting this ... very interesting take on fight ..
    I thought Haye won 1, 3, 4, 7. It was a ridiculous fight. Literally could count on one hand the amount of power shots each was landing a round. When Haye started to get tired, and realized it would take more than one right at a time, he punked out. Where was his lead left? There were times Wlad would catch him in a corner, was too scared to throw a right, Haye was too scared to counter, and bleh.

Uugh.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Crold1 View Post
    I agree with your score. I had him ahead after the seventh because he would land a bomb or two in some rounds and slip the jabs coming back; had Wlad sweeping to the end. Even hurting Wlad a little early in the 12th, the champ came back well and the round was watchable.
    Not only that, but I thought there were a couple of rounds that could have been scored even (the 1st, the 8th . . neither guy landed ANYTHING those rounds and it's Haye at least attempting a few power shots vs Wlad consistenly missing jabs edit: I see your score now; I thought Haye pulled out the 12th, also had him winning 3, 4 and 7)

We seem to be in the minority who didn't think it was complete Klitschko domination. I certainly didn't see the fight that way. It's not like Haye ran like a Camacho . .there were MANY times in the fight he let Wlad back him into a corner, flat-footed, hands down, and Wlad just STARED at him and threw a few jabs . . Wlad is full of crap when he claims that the fight sucked b/c of Haye . . it sucked b/c of both of them, and there were several rounds in which Wlad just followed Haye around, missing jabs and towards the end Haye landed a few power shots. Hey, if you are going to be that reserved for the first 2:30, you are at risk to let the opponent 'steal' rounds with flurries at the end, and that's exactly what I think Haye did several times.

Of course the few HWs who get in decent shape today are two scaredy cats; fitting. The days of guys like Shavers and Lyle, two murderous punchers, going to hell and back in absolute battles of attrition and sheer will have long left this division. Haye did well enough in that if he had fought like he talked, shown some balls (and maybe some double jabs to set up his power shots) he could have landed more big shots like he did a few times, but these guys care more about their pretty faces than taking a chance on greatness.

vCash

Not only that, but I thought there were a couple of rounds that could have been scored even (the 1st, the 8th . . neither guy landed ANYTHING those rounds and it's Haye at least attempting a few power shots vs Wlad consistenly missing jabs edit: I see your score now; I thought Haye pulled out the 12th, also had him winning 3, 4 and 7)

We seem to be in the minority who didn't think it was complete Klitschko domination. I certainly didn't see the fight that way. It's not like Haye ran like a Camacho . .there were MANY times in the fight he let Wlad back him into a corner, flat-footed, hands down, and Wlad just STARED at him and threw a few jabs . . Wlad is full of crap when he claims that the fight sucked b/c of Haye . . it sucked b/c of both of them, and there were several rounds in which Wlad just followed Haye around, missing jabs and towards the end Haye landed a few power shots. Hey, if you are going to be that reserved for the first 2:30, you are at risk to let the opponent 'steal' rounds with flurries at the end, and that's exactly what I think Haye did several times.

Of course the few HWs who get in decent shape today are two scaredy cats; fitting. The days of guys like Shavers and Lyle, two murderous punchers, going to hell and back in absolute battles of attrition and sheer will have long left this division. Haye did well enough in that if he had fought like he talked, shown some balls (and maybe some double jabs to set up his power shots) he could have landed more big shots like he did a few times, but these guys care more about their pretty faces than taking a chance on greatness.
    It was complete in the sense that Haye's best chances were early and he didn't take chances. I was impressed early with Haye's head movement. He made him miss. Didn't make him pay. Wlad was as timid as he always is. Haye lacked the courage to make something of it. Hell, he rocked him twice and didn't press and Wlad can't counter so what the hell was wrong with him?

In the end, he knew that he had to risk being KO'd to score one and that wasn't in him.

vCash

Wlad's face was clearly marked up after the fight,

and it wasn't as much of a whitewash as the scorecards indicated, just boring

with little intensity, as both guys missed alot.

Again Wlad held every advantage except for speed, and never made a big stand,

got cranked in the last round and held for dear life.

For Haye it was a measured calculated payday.

I give Wlad credit for being tall, and Haye credit for being the "Larry Donald" of his

generation.

Administrator
    vCash

Both guys fought to prevent being KO'd as I expected but IMO the "challenger" is exactly that & he should be pulling out all of the stops to bring the fight.
    Forget about all of the shit he talked and the fact he had a belt, Haye was the challenger here and it was his opportunity to blow - which he did in spades.

Each and every round of this fight was weak and was decided by very little.
    Wlad did next to nothing & Haye did nothing.
    I don't know if I'd call this a domination but it looked like every other dull fight that Wlad is in, so credit has to go to Wlad in that regard.
    At least Wlad moved forward and threw a jab each round.
    I couldn't understand why Wlad let Haye off the hook in the corner each time but I gave up asking questions about Wlad's style years ago. It's a useless exercise.
    Remember ol' Sam Peter got ripped on earlier in this thread?
    His efforts against Wlad makes Haye's efforts looks like that of a little girl.
    Chris Byrd (who has the power of a little girl) fought Wlad with more balls.

I gave Haye 3 rounds at best & it was more because Wlad missed more than connected in those rounds, not that Haye did much to earn them other than land a few useless pot-shots.

Sure, Wlad was a little marked up but his skin is so frail that it shouldn't be a surprise whatsoever.
    He bled from a few jabs from Mercer and one shot from Williamson or whoever.
    The one good shot Wlad landed marked up Haye's forehead pretty well & it was clear Haye wanted none of that afterwards.

It's sad that all of those people sat in the rain for this crap.
    This fight was an embarrassment to the sport & both guys involved.
    Watching the rain was more entertaining than this.
    Haye would have been much better served to go out on his shield after all of that talk.
    If I were him I would move to a different country after this.

I wish Haye got in there with Vitali first.
    Hype or no hype, VK would have never let this joker off the hook.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Overhand_Right View Post
    Haye really embarrassed himself after all the big talk. Both men had a fragile opponent in front of them but neither had the nuts to go in and destroy him. Wlad we have come to expect that, he really is one of the most unimpressive heavyweight champs of all time. Haye, after everything he said, I can't believe how little he did and how he spectacularly failed to back up his words.

I hope Haye feels completely humiliated and we never have to hear his mouth nor watch his stinky ultra-boring style of fighting EVER AGAIN. His very name now makes me wince.
    Yes, I agree. For all that hype and promises from Haye, and he simply survives. He did next to nothing. Complete fraud. Wlad had him contained for most of the rds, and Wlad wasn't much better. Very dull fight. I expected a lot more from Haye. I leaned slightly towards him to win.

vCash

I saw this fight at 5 o clock in morning. I‘d try to find it op youtube without getting to know the outcome. Well that succeeded but I still got to know it would last twelve rounds. That surprised me. Anyway I felt the tension, the excitement, of what was going on. In that sense it was a good fight. But a fight you do not need to see again. (I’ve seen it twice by the way)

I sure you laugh now. I see some similarities between the Frazier vs. Foreman fights. Joe Frazier, a puncher himself, had the difficult task to fight a much bigger guy that was also a puncher. To win he had to come in Foreman’s range. And he did and lost twice badly. Haye, also a puncher, had the same disadvantages and faced the same problem. That’s why I believe he fought a smarter strategy. Probably he’d hope for the punch that Wobbled Valuev. Klit probably kept that also in mind. Maybe that’s smart, but it gives a dull fight.
    Last edited by Theo Netherland; 07-03-2011 at 03:11 PM.

vCash

Frazier fought Foreman the same way he fought anyone else, and that same way is the one and only way Frazier fights. Not really comparable to Haye-Klit lst night

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by walshb View Post
    Frazier fought Foreman the same way he fought anyone else, and that same way is the one and only way Frazier fights. Not really comparable to Haye-Klit lst night
    I know. I believe what Haye really would liked to do is circle around him like Holmes with Shavers did. Or Ali with Liston. But these man where bigger than the puncher they’d circle around.

I wouldn’t write Haye off because of this fight. The mountain he had to climb was just to high.

vCash

I know. I believe what Haye really would liked to do is circle around him like Holmes with Shavers did. Or Ali with Liston. But these man where bigger than the puncher they’d circle around.

I wouldn’t write Haye off because of this fight. The mountain he had to climb was just to high.
    ?? Haye has never been a lateral boxer-puncher who circled and jabbed his entire career; he simply tried the same crap plan of walking around, throwing 5 pot-shots per round and the rest of the round playing defense like he did vs Valuev (and he BARELY beat Valuev) These past comparisons are way off.

Foreman beat Frazier with vicious uppercuts . . Wlad doesn't even throw an uppercut. Foreman also didn't fight scared and tentative and met Joe's fire with his own. He didn't just stick out his left hand and pretend like he was going to throw some power shots . . Frazier would've broken a fighter like that in half. Brewster in his first fight with Wlad made Wlad fight more than he usually did with constant pressure, and Brewster is a D grade version of Joe.

vCash

Foreman beat Frazier with vicious uppercuts . . Wlad doesn't even throw an uppercut.
    Does it matter if it's an uppercut or a right that knockes you out?

vCash

Does it matter if it's an uppercut or a right that knockes you out?
    The uppercut is the punch a bobbing and weaving pressure fighter like Frazier is most vulnerable to, not a straight right hand. If you think Klitschko would've came out and bombed Frazier out like Foreman did, well I'll just say you are sorely mistaken.

vCash

Recently, I drove by a gas station and saw the low grade was only $3.35. I thought to myself "Wow, thats a good price for gas". Really? I'm that brain-washed by the oil companies that $3.35 seems GOOD?

Yesterday, I was bouncing around the house waiting for this fight to start, stoked for the first time since Lewis-Holyfield to see a heavyweight fight.

Expected Liston-Williams and got, well...Klitschko-Haye.

I hate being suckered. By Exxon/Mobil/BP, etc. and even more by The Mouth and The Mouse. All the talk and peircing glares, all the flipping training and that's what these two guys come up with? Reminds me of watching Bruce Seldon doing situps with his torso hanging out of the ring, torturous activity, then the first Iron Mike shot that even whistled near him and he was diving face first like he was standing in front of the grassy knoll.

How do you whip your body into that kind of shape and NOT fight? Give me the man-boobs era of Tubbs, Page, Witherspoon and Dokes ANY DAY over the body beautiful dreck I watched yesterday.

vCash

Awful fight and all Hayes' fault>>> Too bad haye fought as he did. He showed some qualities that I thought could trouble Klit if he threw more.

Klit is tough if you dont fully commit as his jab is good and he is always on his back leg looking to go in reverse.

LIL Klit still gets a little doofy when hit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast