Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Wlad-Haye, July 2nd

vCash

Re: Wlad-Haye, July 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by robertk View Post
    What promotion is going to put up $$$$ to get a rematch for these guys? That was a horrible performance by the WBA champion trying to win 2 other belts. This was a champion fighting another champion, afterall. Those opportunities just don't come along. I wouldn't back Haye with monopoly money for that effort and he wants a rematch? Who in boxing is putting up big money for those fights right now? For what, he deserves about 10% of the purse he just got or even less?
    Sopt on.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Lipton View Post
    The irrefutable truth is based on all the films of the Klitchko's fights if they were not 6'7" tall but 6'3" or even 6'4" they would both get knocked out by most everyone.
    If Ali were 6'7 he wouldn't have been the dancemaster he showed to be against Liston and others. And he wouldn’t have had the flashing combinations he was famous for. Probably the only reason why we would know him is because of his height and chin.

vCash

I have to say, in the first round or so, the first meaningful punch Haye threw was this off-balance, wild, lunging, winging shot from about ten feet away. And I thought to myself, "Really? That was the plan? All that smack-talking, and THAT was what you brought to the table?" It didn't get any better from there.

And it cracks me up that Haye is talking about retiring. Like he's accomplished so much in the sport at the age of thirty that he has nothing left to prove. The guy won his one significant title four years ago, defended it once, and then fought the least the heavyweight division had to offer before cashing in against Klitschko.

vCash

Re: Wlad-Haye & Vitali-Adamek

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Lipton View Post
    True, but no aggressiveness, all tentative caution on the part of Wlad, who I like as a person, but his height, weight, reach could be used by another spirit within that powerful body to FIGHT AGGRESSIVELY and go after a smaller man who is outweighed by 30 pounds for God's sake and break his ass in half for what he said about him and his brother. In other words Jake Dempsey, Mike Tyson, Marciano his ass into oblivion. If you paid me 25 plus million and I was 6'7" and weighed 242 pounds you could put me in there with any 212 pound man from the Roman Coliseum until now and I would fight like a maniac with my ass on fire.

This kind of boring shit, ultra caution on both their parts stinks like a dead fish, come on now, pawing with a jab, holding when a little guy comes inside, no left hooks, no body punching, it is a shameful lack of effort and a shameful lack of firepower utilized.

It is NOT the way to go for the boxing fans who pay good money to see a FIGHT! Not a waltz between two frightened men who are scared of being hit in the face.
    Beautiful

vCash

He punched hiself out against Brewster and Outiry>>>>

I question this. Wlad's response to being hurt is to drop his hands and look exhausted until he recovers. see the peter fight.

Wlad also seems to swell relatively easy. prob is no one punches him regularly enough.

Administrator
    vCash

Good article as well as advice for Haye from this writer.
    http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/99471.html

If Haye has any interest in going forward (assuming his retirement is hot air like everything else from this guy), he should hunt down Povetkin like this writere says & start from there.
    If Haye decides to bring his balls back in the ring with him next time, I'd be interested in see what sparks could fly in that fight.

vCash

there's talk on fightnews of Wlad targeting the winner of the upcoming Tyson Fury - Derek Chisora commonwealth title fight,

I don't know, each guy has 14 bouts as a professional, I guess the only interesting matchup of the two would be against Fury, finally Klit would fight someone bigger than he is,

vCash

The few punches that Haye did land did do some damage. Wlad's nose and left eye bleed from jabs and right hands. It makes me wonder what would have happened had he did more punching instead of running and running his mouth. He ironically seemed to land the hardest punch of the fight when he clocked Wlad in the 12th round and Wlad held on for several seconds. If Wlad had trouble with Haye's speed, just think what Ali and Holmes would have done with their speed and sharp combinations. To bad we have a lost generation of fighters at the heavyweight level in the US. If Haye had more tech. prowness... the M. Spinks vs. Gerry Cooney model should have been Haye's blueprint against Wlad.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by prototypeofamodernmadman View Post
    there's talk on fightnews of Wlad targeting the winner of the upcoming Tyson Fury - Derek Chisora commonwealth title fight,

I don't know, each guy has 14 bouts as a professional, I guess the only interesting matchup of the two would be against Fury, finally Klit would fight someone bigger than he is,
    Fury is beyond amatuerish though...

Administrator
    vCash

Neither guy has the experience to take out a guy like Wlad but maybe all that's needed is some dumb blind luck by someone who doesn't know any better.

vCash

I was thinking the same thing, either of these two novices will either see the great opportunity and put everything on the line and fight the fight of their lives, or, they'll be overwhelmed by such a huge step up in attention and competition and fall limp like a sack of rotten potatoes or something like that.

vCash

As if Wlad with his vast experience and ability would let Fury or Chisora have a chance to beat him......No contest there.

vCash

This kind of boring shit, ultra caution on both their parts stinks like a dead fish, come on now, pawing with a jab, holding when a little guy comes inside, no left hooks, no body punching, it is a shameful lack of effort and a shameful lack of firepower utilized.

It is NOT the way to go for the boxing fans who pay good money to see a FIGHT! Not a waltz between two frightened men who are scared of being hit in the face.

I haven't read this post yet, but the above is correct, and this is why we shouldn't call them Heavyweights, they disgrace the whole history of the division and the lagacy of Boxing.

these are S-HWs, who should be in a division of their own, going back to the 80s roughly when the "Land of the Giants" first 'regularly' aired.

they are S-HWs and should be reclassed and let to their usless selves, giving the paying boxing & sport fans whats left in the way of real fighters.

utterly disgusting, but hey it's Top Level boxing and their among the greatest boxers ever, Aren't people sick enough of this yet?
    Last edited by jim glen; 07-07-2011 at 06:58 AM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sr71ko View Post
    If Haye had more tech. prowness... .
    That's what I never understood people couldn't see; people would say "but Haye has speed and power" and I'd go "yeah, but he can't box worth crap" . . he literally tripped over his own feet when he threw lunging right hands. He could outspeed slower guys who came at him (thus enabling him to not do more than rudimentary footwork on his part) but even vs real pressure guys he had major problems (Mormeck, Fragommeni) because his defense is porous and he neglected the left jab.

vCash

Originally Posted by sr71ko
    If Haye had more tech. prowness... .
    If me aunt had a penis.... She'd be me uncle.

But she aint.
    That's an old sayin from back home.
    (The River that is)

vCash

because his defense is porous>>>>

agree w the rest but its not like K punished him w the jab. He was missing 75%. It wasnt hays defense that lost this fight it was activity and lack of interest in trying to get or fight inside, but I dont believe that was ever in his arsenal.

I believe Kevin Kelly said it best. a fight K is not complex you need to be able to get inside and fight. If you cant you lose. Haye's gameplan was to simply try for the halemary
    Last edited by jlupi; 07-07-2011 at 11:00 AM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jlupi View Post
    because his defense is porous>>>>

agree w the rest but its not like K punished him w the jab. He was missing 75%. It wasnt hays defense that lost this fight it was activity and lack of interest in trying to get or fight inside, but I dont believe that was ever in his arsenal.

I believe Kevin Kelly said it best. a fight K is not complex you need to be able to get inside and fight. If you cant you lose. Haye's gameplan was to simply try for the halemary

Right, which in my mind made K's performance even less impressive. Haye has never been a very difficult guy to hit, and Wlad's hesistancy enabled Haye to look like a HW Pernell Whitaker for most of the fight. If he had stones, he could have simply double jabbed Haye into the ropes and let loose with hooks and uppercuts to get Haye out of there.
    Larry Holmes didn't have near the punch of Klitschko but I have no doubt he would've taken Haye out within the distance.

vCash

Wlad and uppercuts.....?

Why expose that chin to any more danger then need be,

then Wlad might have had his Douglas / Holy moment

Wait, it was Haye....nevermind

vCash

Re: Vitali-Adamek, Sept 10th

away
    Last edited by Theo Netherland; 07-07-2011 at 06:17 PM.

vCash

Administrator
    vCash

Strange clip in itself and also funny how he feels righteous enough to do this little stupid thing as if he KOd or dominated Haye to the point he had something to brag about.
    He probably felt the fight was so easy for the money that he's jockeying for a rematch.

vCash

After everything Haye said this response isn’t inappropriate.

Administrator
    vCash

Maybe not but neither was Haye's trash talking for the past 3 years and how far he took it.

vCash

I hate to get up for a big fight only to suck later. What a let down. It's clean Haye wanted no part of Wlad.

vCash

I think the video is silly. If you are walking around boasting about being a gentleman who happens to box then stay true to that.

I agree with many on this thread who feel that the fight was more about what Haye didnt do as opposed to what Wlad did. Wlad did nothing special but follow Haye around pumping out a jab that missed 75% of the time and threw and landed very few power punches. Haye just bobbed and weaved and tried to leap foward with some really bad offense.

Boring fight.

vCash

There’s sort off saying that says that the fun before a party is often bigger than the party it’s self. But still there was fun…

We have lately seen some disappointing fights. But now I wonder. Lets think of Haye vs Harrison or VK against Briggs. This not what a boxing fan wants to see. Haye vs Harrison was awful. But does that mean that I didn’t enjoy this fight? Well I enjoyed it! It’s not the fight itself but the talk before and after the fight. The comments, the excuses, ect. All in all these things are a pleaser of the sport to.

I wonder how the others here think about this…

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Dynamite View Post
    I think the video is silly. If you are walking around boasting about being a gentleman who happens to box then stay true to that.

I agree with many on this thread who feel that the fight was more about what Haye didnt do as opposed to what Wlad did. Wlad did nothing special but follow Haye around pumping out a jab that missed 75% of the time and threw and landed very few power punches. Haye just bobbed and weaved and tried to leap foward with some really bad offense.

Boring fight.
    Like Wilt wrote, "Nobody likes Goliath."

Haye did not accomplish anything serious because Wlad did not let him. Plain and simple. Not exciting or spectacular but let's give credit where it is due ..

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by HE Grant View Post
    Like Wilt wrote, "Nobody likes Goliath."

Haye did not accomplish anything serious because Wlad did not let him. Plain and simple. Not exciting or spectacular but let's give credit where it is due ..
    What did Wlad accomplish? He got outlanded in power-shots and won most rounds by around 2 punches landed vs a smaller pot-shotter who got taken to the brink by Giacobbe Fragommeni . . .

vCash

At age 35 he easily defeated a much younger , highly regarded challenger .. he controlled the tempo and shut down his opponent .. a job well done at an age when Dempsey and Marciano were long retired and others were well past their best ...

Administrator
    vCash

Sound like big bro still wants a piece of Haye and do the job his brother couldn't...

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/100536.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast