Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pac vs. Mosley

vCash

Re: Pacquiao/Mosley?

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Jackson
    If you think Mosley is slurring his words now (which was very apparent in the Mosley/Mayweather 24/7), just wait until after Manny drops the hammer on him.

Mosley lost 11 out of 12 rounds against Floyd because he couldn't pull the trigger anymore. This happens to fighters. And when it does, it is time to hang 'em up. Surely the Mora fight should have told Shane this, as well.

Obviously Shane (and scumbag, Bob Arum) wants one more payday before calling it a night. He will, however, be doing this at the risk of his health. He should call Terry norris to see just how quickly this kind of problem can become disabling.

Shane has been bragging that he has never been stopped as a professional. If this sham of a fight comes off, he will no longer be able to make that claim.
    Yes yes yes.

Administrator
    vCash

espn poll on Pac & the prospective opponents

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls?pCat=46&sCat=1867

vCash

Shane will KO Paq if the fight takes place. Paq hasnt fought someone with Shanes speed or slickness ever. Paq should just take the damn drug test and fight Floyd but I'll settle for Shane knocking him the fuck out instead.

Shane will win and Shane will make it look easy and then the excuses for this hypejob will begin,

WKS

Banned
    vCash

THIS

"mindset", is what Arum is counting on and why this bout will end up happening.

Name Recognition for Mosley.

Stupidity from boxing fans.

Look at it this way:

EITHER Klit vs Evander Holyfield, if it happened tomorrow, THE CURRENT version of Evander Holyfield, would garner 10 times the fan interest level and publicity that ANY heavyweight Title fight has gotten in the past 5 or 6 years.

Name recognition and being stupid.

It goes a long way in selling a fight to the public.

Hawk
    Last edited by hawk5ins; 12-16-2010 at 02:14 PM.

vCash

Re: THIS

Quote Originally Posted by hawk5ins
    "mindset", is what Arum is counting on and why this bout will end up happening.

Name Recognition for Mosley.

Stupidity from boxing fans.

Hawk
    What's a little brain damage when there's money to be fleeced?

Stupidity would be a step up......

More like masochism

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Wladimir Klitschko Sucks
    Shane will KO Paq if the fight takes place. Paq hasnt fought someone with Shanes speed or slickness ever. Paq should just take the damn drug test and fight Floyd but I'll settle for Shane knocking him the fuck out instead.

Shane will win and Shane will make it look easy and then the excuses for this hypejob will begin,

WKS
    I have a feelin' you may have said the same for Margarito, Clottey, Cotto, Hatton and Oscar? Maybe 6th time lucky, eh?

vCash

Nope, never thought Margrito, hatton or Oscar would beat Paq, every one of them is complete and utter garbage too.

Mark my words Paq will crumble the first time he faces a slick black boxer, just like so many before him,

WKS

vCash

Paq will crumble the first time he faces a slick black boxer,>>>>

Id like to make a comment is response but I will refrain as it would result in a ban

Banned
    vCash

Jilupi

Don't pay attention to WKS.

All you need to do is view previous posts of his in which he made similar guarantees.

11-04-2009, 02:02 PM #28
    Wladimir Klitschko Sucks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    cotto early to mid roudnds stooppage. Pac was undressed and pushed around by a shot Eric Morales for crying out loud, cotto is much bigger and rougher than him. yes cotto looked like dogshit against margarito but he had cement in his gloves and walkes around at 200 pound,

WKS

See? Easily a poster who demands to be ignored.

BTW, I do see he has been pretty silent as it pertains to Paul Williams lately.

Go check out his posting history on Williams as well.

Yet another subject that we should be asking WKS..."So how did that one go for ya?"

Hawk

IE:

07-31-2010, 09:02 AM #10
    Wladimir Klitschko Sucks

Re: Hang in there Paul

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PWILL beat Martinez comfortably on my score card and will absolutely destroy him in a rematch if Martinez doesnt' duck him.

PWILL is the most avoid and feared man in all of Boxing, and highly under rated still,

WKS
    Last edited by hawk5ins; 12-18-2010 at 09:35 AM.

vCash

But Hawk. He is slick ....... and black.

With a combonation of slick blackness, all other inferior races must stand back in awe of such blackness and slickness.

vCash

Shane only has a couple of rounds in him at 40 years old and 147 lbs. He'd better go for it from round 1.

But I think he's getting stopped for the first time.

Sad. Things aren't looking good for him in the future.

Fighters who are starting to slur their words should NOT be in against the best in the world.

vCash

Mosley Pac - May 7th

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/pacq...ley-done-70964

Oh god.

I really can NOT get excited about this.

I am a huge fan of both fighters, but Mosley is just not a suitable opponent for Pacquiao at this stage.

If Mayweather would have picked up the phone it may have been a different story, but my inner cynic is screaming at Bob Arum and Pac's team for taking a fight a couple of years after Roach knocked Shane back for a fight and is now doing what Mayweather seems to be doing with Pac - Waiting for decline to add a former HoF fighter to wilt enough to make a safe-ish pick to fight.

It will stir up that horrible racist issue that people have been talking about a bit - The fact that Pac hasn't fought a "slick African -american fighter" like Hopkins was blathering on about 6 or so weeks ago, then if Pac wins it will be Mosley is shot and if Mosley wins it will vindicate those who put forth that ridiculous assertion.

It's a 5 million dollar pay day for Shane for drawing with Mora and being dominated for 11 and a half rounds by Money.

I would have much prefered a third Marquez fight or - I believe someone said when I suggested this before - Take a step too far and push it to take on Martinez.

I don't know...if this is a Top Rank Xmas present, bah-humbug.

vCash

Re: Mosley Pac - May 7th

:-(

Banned
    vCash

Our

Worst fears have been met.

May 7th. Manny Mosley.

This sucks.

Very dissappointed in Pac.

Specifically after coming off of two consecutive bouts in which there was little doubt he would win.

I could see a "gimmee" bout after a TRUE challenge type of fight in which there was at least SOME doubt who the victor would be. But following Clottey and AM, and knowing what happened to Shane in HIS last two bouts?

Very disappointed.

Any JMM fan who wants to claim Manny is ducking their man....will not get a dispute from me.

This is a shame.

Hawk

vCash

Slaughter job here. Mosley will feel 75 yrs old in there with Manny.
    Won't be buying this fight.

Administrator
    vCash

Yuk
    I wish nothing but the best for Shane but this is simply just a waste of everyone's time and an expensive send-off for a nice guy. Neither his body or career does not need the one-sided beating he will inevitably take from Pac. There are plenty of guys out there who can't move all that well that can still make for a good fight with Shane but Pac far from that. I wish he would have made a fight with Berto and called it a day - a fight he has a small chance of winning and looking good, but Pac is where the $ is...oh well.

Sorry Shane & Pac but I ain't droppin a penny into this one.
    A very-much-more-live-opponent-than-Mosely called JMM is right there for you Manny, what's the deal?

vCash

WKS

I am not nearly as knowledgeable as most of the posters here, but even I know that this will probably be a payday for Shane, and send him into retirement. I hope he doesn't take too much punishment.

Administrator
    vCash

Dan Rafael's blog with more info
    funny...

http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/blo...d-fight-boxing

vCash

Im excited about this fight and disagree with that fat fucking slob Rafael that this is a bad fight for boxing. Despite Shaner's older age he's still got the speed and the slickness and , even had LIl Floyd wobbled once. He's going to show Paq angles and slickness he hasn't never seen. This is a good fight for Shane and for Boxing,

WKS

vCash

even had LIl Floyd wobbled once. He's going to show Paq angles and slickness he hasn't never seen. >>>

and blackness. dnt forget that. Pac will see blackness he "hasn't never seen" also.

LOL

Shanes got power but at this point I think pac has more "slickness" than him. But pac can never match his blackness, not in 100 years.

vCash

Garbage fight. What a waste.

Slickness? Mosley barely had his legs under him after the second round against Mayweather.

Banned
    vCash

So WKS

When this fight is over and it is Mosley who has crumbled:

Originally Posted by Wladimir Klitschko Sucks
    "Shane will KO Paq if the fight takes place. Paq hasnt fought someone with Shanes speed or slickness ever. Paq should just take the damn drug test and fight Floyd but I'll settle for Shane knocking him the fuck out instead.

Shane will win and Shane will make it look easy and then the excuses for this hypejob will begin,"

WKS

Are you going to be as silent as you were when you stated Cotto would Ko Manny early?

Originally posted by Wladimir Klitschko Sucks
    "cotto early to mid roudnds stooppage. Pac was undressed and pushed around by a shot Eric Morales for crying out loud, cotto is much bigger and rougher than him."

WKS

Will you give Manny credit for finally beating a Fast, Slick boxer (I'm not going to get into your "race" issues that you clearly are hung up on.)?

Those who have a sober head about them, realize that Manny Will INDEED win this bout and it will be easy, not because Manny at 147 is so superior to the BEST of Mosley at 147.

But becuase THIS version of Mosley is punched ticket.

So to be clear here: I will not be giving Manny credit for this win, as this fight is, as that "fat slob" Rafael and every clear thinking boxing fan or expert can easily see: a fight between one who is near the top of his game, and one who is many miles past his permanent rest stop.

However, if you insist that Mosley is going to "expose" this "hypejob" in Manny and Shane will "knock this fuck out", then simply man up when the fight is over.

Don't be a pussy like you were following the Cotto bout and run and hide and remain silent.

Hawk

vCash

Im excited about this fight and disagree with that fat fucking slob Rafael that this is a bad fight for boxing. Despite Shaner's older age he's still got the speed and the slickness and , even had LIl Floyd wobbled once. He's going to show Paq angles and slickness he hasn't never seen. This is a good fight for Shane and for Boxing,

WKS
    Can I have some of that stuff you're smoking?

vCash

I really dont see what bob is thinking. at worst shane lands a hail mary punch and embarrasses pac. At best he's beating another shot old floyd leftover feeding the critics of a great fighter that deserves better

vCash

I looked at the Mayweather/ Mosley fight like Tyson / Lewis,

Tyson the shell had about one round left in him, spent the bullet, and was done.

I will concede Shane may have one more round in him, but he will NOT be able to take out Pac within that time.

Shane will take a horrific beating, while it lasts, and will help further the demise of this sport, and his ability to function, but hey there is money to be made...

boxing still eats it's young(ish).....(Even if L.L. doesn't)

vCash

Nope, never thought Margrito, hatton or Oscar would beat Paq, every one of them is complete and utter garbage too.

Mark my words Paq will crumble the first time he faces a slick black boxer, just like so many before him,

WKS
    What is your obsession with RACE, in as much as you have managed to inject it into at least two current threads on this site?

You do realize that by virtue of your above statement it is YOU who may be construed as a racist, don't you?

And this comment is just as worthless and untrue as the slur you laid against Dempsey, in the "Dempsey: Great or Gatti?" thread.

Kyoodle

Banned
    vCash

Jlupi

I think it's actually very simple:

Arum does NOT want to have to deal with Golden Boy unless he absolutely has to.

And he "has to" if this was the Mayweather bout.

Guarantee you that if Mosley had not left Golden Boy, Shane's name is not on the "list".

JMM is with Golden Boy.....Scratch.

Martinez is NOT with Golden Boy, so he was on the list. But did Arum want to deal with Dibella?

Probably not.

A fight with Mosley....it is probably the easiest fight out there of those in the running. Who probably has the biggest name recognition out of Marquez and Martinez. And he also has no promotional affiliation with which Arum has to haggle with.

Actually from a Promotional standpoint, I see EXACTLY why Arum wanted Mosley.

But at the stage Shane is at, and with Manny coming off of two "sure win" bouts, BOXING and BOXING Fans deserved better.

I truly wished Manny stepped up and said: "If we can't get Mayweather becuase of his legal issues and unwillingness to fight, let's go for either Marquez to settle the score or Martinez and try and climb another mountain."

I EXPECTED this move (a Mosley bout) from Arum. It makes great business sense for him.

I Expected MORE from Manny though.

He, is who I am dissappointed in.

Hawk

vCash

I am very disappointed to learn about the signing of this fight.
    It makes me furious as a fan that PBF will not fight Manny NOW.

Manny really revitalizes my excitement for boxing and I look forward to his fights with tremendous joy. This was a poor choice for the boxing fans and is all wrong and beneath him to go along with.

JMM, Berto, Devon, Bradley would have been exciting matches. They all deserve a shot too. Yes Shane has the name, but boxing fans know good fights. Beating Shane now is a tarnished achievement to be sure.

I read that PBF had no response to Arum's offer of a bout, what the hell is with him as a pro fighter who claims he is the best at his weight. It has been obvious for a long time he is truly afraid of Manny while Pacquiao is winning.
    He waits for him to lose then fights him? Blood tests galore, constantly ducking him and we have to see Mosley v Manny now after such declining performances by Shane.

No, this is not the right boxing choice for the fans, no way, not no how.

As previously stated by so many here, this is not good for Shane's health either regardless of what skills remain. I like him, respect him, and it is time to get out of that ring without real permanent
    brain injury.

vCash

The sad thing about this fight is that Mosley is just too tough for his own good. Pac will land too many hard shots on him. I suspect that Pac will knock him out--but not soon enough for Mosley's own good.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by walshb
    Manny if he's clever will take this easy fight. Can't blame Manny.

He has little to prove, always fought the best out there. So, needs a wee break, an easy fight, plenty money, go for it. I will give him a pass on this one
    Agree 100%. A fighter's job is to fight; let the manager and matchmaker line 'em up, and leave the knocking down part to the guy wearing the gloves and trunks.

How can Pac be in for any criticism in agreeing to fight Mosley? The fight that everyone and his brother wants, versus Mayweather, may never happen at this point, and he is at his peak, both as a fighter and as a gate attraction. As Hawk as pointed out previously, name recognition is one-half of the profitable equation, one which has to be met in order to move PPV buys and arena seats. Even casual boxing fans know who Shane and Manny are, and this fight--esoteric standards be damned--is going to sell.

No matter how shot we think Shane may be (and I think he should have gone out after the Cotto bout), he's not going to be a walk-over for Manny. I DO worry about Mosley's ability to keep absorbing punishment, but I also think he deserves the right to prove himself against the P4P best in the game right now.

I don't think Shane stands much of a chance, unless he somehow manages to cut Manny and get a stoppage win at some point...and that is a stretch which requires some luck. He won't be knocking him out (Mosley's power seemingly deserted him with the move up from LW), and while he still possesses better-than-average skills, it is his reflexes that may betray him if he tries to out-punch Manny. Shane's facing a guy who is younger, quicker, more agile and just as adaptable--thanks to Roach's influence. This does not make for a pleasant night for Shane.

Manny takes a lopsided decision and hopefully prods Mosley into a new career on the outside of the ropes.

Regards,
    Kyoodle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast